Sign in to follow this  
kroky

ArmA on 64bit operating systems?

I installed ArmA under Windows XP Professional x64 but when I start the game the sand clock icon is showing up but nothing more happens. (I have the german 1.01. version)

So could it be that ArmA doesn't work under 64bit OS?

Could it be because I have installed Arma on the same drive but under Windows XP Prof. 32bit?

I guess I have to uninstall ArmA in Win XP Pro 32bit and install it again under Win XP Pro 64bit

Quote[/b] ]I have xp 64 , and arma works excellent.

Me to, so a re-install should work ok.

If you upgraded your 32 bit version, did you check for 64 bit versions of your drivers? Off hand, I had to download a 64 bit driver for my sound and GFX cards.

We've noticed that Arma requires alot of CPU power, the current available CPU's are practicly all of them 64bit.

No i am curious wether the performance is better in WinXP 64bit instead of WinXP 32bit. And also in relation with dual core CPU's my gues would ben that it "should"run smoother.

Bare in mind that there's a new patch for the Win 64bit platform available (german)

And also in relation with dual core CPU's my gues would ben that it "should"run smoother.

I'm not aware of any games that take advantage of this yet.

There's a huge list of dual-core supporting games (Falcon 4:Allied Force is one I own) but 64bit is pretty pointless right now for ArmA. Suma explained it in a thread awhile ago but I cannot find it in search....

Also, if you installed it under 32bit OS and run dual-boot config for 64bit than nothing you install in 32bit is going to run in 64bit unless it is a standalone app (i.e. no registry settings or registered dlls)

@raedor,

the new patch is for all systems.

It is a fixed version that removed the 64bit system issues.

Yes, it was initially announced as a patch for 64bit users but it works for all owners of the German ArmA version...