Sign in to follow this  
feersum.endjinn

Finnish Defence Forces Mod

Are you going to re-create/convert your awesome WW2 mod from OFP to ArmA?

Sorry if this has already been asked (checked a few pages but couldnt find anything).

Nice to see some Scandinavian addons.

Thanks. The model and textures are made by a very talented guy named atonic. I just spiced up the textures a little, added materials and brought it in game wink_o.gif.

Quote[/b] ]Well guess what, I have re-enlisted back to service in the Finnish Rapid Deployment Force and assigned it's HQ company. Maybe the top brass thought I could be useful as a liasion officer since I do have some rare real-life experience in peace-enforcement operations.

The FRDF doesn't work that way, he would not be directly assigned to any unit, or at least not informed of it, just by signing the "readiness contract" (which I wouldn't call "enlisting"), just get a letter in the mail saying that he is in readiness.

When the recruitment of the FINCON of the Pogada operation, probably named SKJP, would begin, a lady from FINCENT recruitment would call him and offer him a place as a liaison officer.

If I remember correctly, at least KFOR LMTs and ISAF MOTs are independent of companies and are instead directly under Task Forces and PRTs respectively. Prior operational experience does not especially qualify you for being a liaison officer, as I have understood it. I am not aware of an FRDF HQ Coy with liaison officers in it, but please inform me if something like this exists because I've been trying to figure out what exactly this apparently purely on-paper FRDF organisation is about for years.

Everyone on operation nowadays is I guess (I don't know) in theory part of the FRDF but I can tell you that 90% are completely unaware of it or what the FRDF is, as am I basically. It seems to be some fictional organisation included in force registries and the heads of some generals. As far as I have gathered, it is a loose pool of reservists and FDF personnel who have signed the KriHa readiness contract.

Reading the FINCENT homepage one might get the impression that it's some sort of recruited and organized force like the EUBGs, which as far as I know is a completely different organisation that still bears the RDF sleeve insignia for some mysterious reason.

edit: I made a mistake, PorPr rekrytointiala is actually responsible for KriHa recruitment nowadays since almost a couple of years ago, not FINCENT (PVKVK) anymore.

Wow, that's a very good job, the quality will be as good as, or even better than, the OFP Mod.

I liked/loved the FDF mod for OFP, i can't wait when it will be released for Arma

Yeah, FDF was pure win for OFP, when i rembember missions like the uphill aussault on a russian position in a snowstorm... ah, good times.

Cant wait to see the ArmA product smile_o.gif

Renders of some soldier models that will be in the first release.

2d930cy.jpg

Bigger image

(ICP anims were used to pose the models)

Very nice units! thumbs-up.gif

Love the look of the Special Jaeger Sniper  inlove.gif

MfG, Medicus

Beret looks a bit large/floppy on the 4th bloke along, otherwise they all look fantastic.

I'm very much looking forward to FDF for ArmA gentlemen. smile_o.gif

For the units with the kneepads, I think that you should see about making the pants look tighter to the knees. It looks like the straps there are stitched on to some very loose fabric rather than clinging to the knees of the character.

Nice work. Some things I noticed:

The pads are inaccurate. The Hatch Centurion knee/elbow pads (both the plastic and nylon parts) are built to completely cup the joints. The pads are larger than on the model and envelop the joints but there should be no sharp edges that protrude like this:

a4y9gi.jpg

The structure of the pad is not straight, it is curved/cupped to eliminate stuff like that.

The straps are also too narrow on the model. Both the knee- and elbow pads are too small. When watched directly from the front, the kneepads look like on the picture below. They are much wider and larger than on the model, and will completely compress any fabric caught in between. I have a relatively thick leg and it looks the same on me. On the SJ models it looks like they are glued to the jumpsuit fabric.

91855768.jpg

(KFOR MNTF C Force Protection Pln. 2008)

Both thigh straps, the belt and the goggle straps are much too narrow. Don't be confused by the width of the twin clip versions of the Uncle Mike's straps; the velcro version that you have decided to model (in the first pic below) is much wider. All the too narrow straps would be uncomfortable to wear and are as such much wider IRL.

Here are some more examples of kneepads and the holster.

1084863303_40_KRPIST_2002a.jpg

tarkasta.jpg

thumbnai3748459569lsphp.jpg

The beret is an improvement but now too big and floppy. Even if the beret is too large and isn't taken care of or shaped in any way, there cannot be that much fabric to spill over the side, the size on the tag would be something comical like 70.

The M05 uniform collar is too small and low-profile.

The helmet's shape is slightly too high, narrow and conical.

The ballistic vest (especially the collar) and tactical vest is cool. The Damascus gloves for the SJ look perfect. I think all the units shown should use them. Overall the units look good.

It is good to know that progress has been made.

Take your time. I'll be lurking somewhere and downloading it soon after release. It doesn't matter to me if it still takes a good amount of time to get it released.

Thanks all who have been working to get FDF Mod into Armed Assault. It is very important work and I am absolutely sure there are a lot of people who feel the same.