Sign in to follow this  
GermanPower

Patch 1.02 Released for Czech and German ArmA

For reinstalls of the download version.....

-Did you have to reactivate it again - as I assume it was on the same computer/hardware?

-Did it use up a licence?

-Did you do a clean installation - or go over the top of the old one?

##yeah, I am using the English 'patch'. I think there are quite a few people using it too..

Cheers

#C

Well if you use the english "patch" you don't need to reinstall. Unless you didn't backup your files before patching as suggested in the language patcher. It was known that of course a new "official patch" would look for the original "signed" files.

If you have not backed up your files then you will have to reinstall your game and then patch it. If you actually read the readme and you did packup your original files then restore them to their original location and patch your game...

Yeah, I know, soon as something is called readme people don't read it anyway, and then you get errors like this...

Yeah, I modified my original post. smile_o.gif

The English was due to the fact that I had renamed 'some' of my old 'in English' files as a backup - before I put the original 1.01 versions back in order to patch to 1.02.

There was in effect 2 copies of the same modified files (one 1.01 English, one 1.02 German) in the subdirectories - though I assumed that the renamed versions would not be used.

When I started the game, it still used the old files for some reason and I was getting my UI etc in English..

However... It couldnt start a mission that I tried; so I removed these backup files and after restarting the game it went back to German..

Fishy goings on in the ArmA subdirectories.. Could this be of use when modding to implement English?

EDIT.

#SniperAndy....

Old post mate.. More than a few minutes out of date.

However your post failed to answer any of my questions anyway.

Did you have a reason for that post other than giving general advice to the masses - You seem to be answering a problem 'you assumed' I was having rather than one I was 'actually' having - With a sprinkling of condescension to boot.. Cheers.. smile_o.gif

#C

First look tells me, many things are fine now!

Choppers fly wayyyy better now! Hell, I bet someone will make a looping with the cobra. Great!

Terrain Streaming seems to work better, also texture loading!

Great Job so far BIS! I allways knew we can count on you!

http://lee.plankton.ch/ArmA_V102.jpg

MfG Lee notworthy.gif

Great job BIS, looking at the list of fixes I can only say you do sure everything to make this all work for everyone.

Thanks!!!

Multiplayer sound bug seems to be still intact after 1.02 sad_o.gif. It's sometimes even worse now sad_o.gif.

Can anyone tell of performance boosts, especially on older rigs ?

I am on ISDN at home and will not be able to download the patch from here because of it´s size.

For me cities seem to run better now, but certain types of foliage still put my comp on its knees (those big bushes mainly).

Ok, Norsu I also noticed this but now on very low i dont see any performance improvment compared to 1.00 version :/

Ok, Norsu I also noticed this but now on very low i dont see any performance improvment compared to 1.00 version :/

Very low shaders disables normal maps, so you will most likely see improvement when there are lots of complex textures like foliage around wink_o.gif. Though without normal maps ArmA looks a lot like OFP.

did you take a look at the time?

let them have a nice weekend and I think we're all fine when we'll get the working patch on monday.

did you take a look at the time?

let them have a nice weekend and I think we're all fine when we'll get the working patch on monday.

i forget it because i have to work this weekend biggrin_o.gifsmile_o.gifhuh.gifsad_o.gifmad_o.gifbanghead.gifconfused_o.gifgoodnight.gif

Didn't I answer the exact same whine last time?
Quote[/b] ]Simple fact is 99% of internet users know .zip and what to use with it, far less know .rar so please do not whine about this again it's very tedious.

Whine? "Last time" I sended you a friendly private message in this forum where I kindly expressed the fact on zip vs rar sizes, I wanted to be helpful so who ever was making the patches then and in the future would be more efficient and better at the releases. Yes you replied me, but that was just an private message between you and me. Also the last patch the size was "only" like two megs, now its twenty.

This time I posted this to all forum readers and people interested about the patch, who knows perhaps some mirroring place notices this and converts it to rar, saving 20mb of hdd space and gigabytes worth of bandwidth on the long run.

Whine... heh when you just want to be helpful and this is what you get, DAMN...

Quote[/b] ]now they bitch about how the quickly released patch is released, in ZIP form.  Get a life people.

So you especially want to download 20mb extra weight? Wonder how many megs its on the next release...

Quote[/b] ]ZIP is sooo 90's.

Yes it is, hey! perhaps you are the 1% of internet users which Placebo mentioned. Wow I found you, whee and dancing bananas.

I got german Morphicon download all i done was use the patchwise.bak folder what was used to backup files before translation. I copied the files into there respected folders and applied the 1.02 patch its worked fine hasnt asked for CD or nothing so im glad. biggrin_o.gif

Now got to just wait for Sickboy and his awesome translations skills credit to community he is. \o/

Quote[/b] ]Now got to just wait for Sickboy and his awesome translations skills credit to community he is. \o/

Its done already smile_o.gif

Linky

Now got to just wait for Sickboy and his awesome translations skills credit to community he is. \o/

Thanks for the credit m8, It's already out since at least an hour tounge2.gif

Link here Have fun!

DO YOU CALL THIS PATCH ? It's a CRAAAAP !!!!!

Helicopters now are like flys, hyper sensible & not realystic at all !!!!

GENIALLLLLLEEEEEE  confused_o.gif

Waiting 1.03

Quote[/b] ]

Whine? "Last time" I sended you a friendly private message in this forum where I kindly expressed the fact on zip vs rar sizes, I wanted to be helpful so who ever was making the patches then and in the future would be more efficient and better at the releases. Yes you replied me, but that was just an private message between you and me. Also the last patch the size was "only" like two megs, now its twenty.

Good grief!!!!

Planck

Thanks for the credit m8, It's already out since at least an hour tounge2.gif

Link here Have fun!

oops rofl.gif cheers for link smile_o.gif

I had high hopes when i saw the news about the patch...

Well it surely improves a few things but the game still freaks me out... especially when my truck driver repeatly hits anything next to the road or on the road... i had hopes it wouldve been fixed as it completely destroys the atmosphere.

Also the choppers... hmm now they are less twitchy but react extremely when you try to turn the sideways with the rudder, first few attempts to fly a sharp curve made it go down like a stone.

I mean why the experiments BIS, give us the old OFP way of flying or at least somethign close to it and all ( nearly ) will be happy, i dont understand all these experiments in ArmA sad_o.gif

Things like:

- driving with the mouse was so easy and now it doesnt really work good anymore

- free view in vehicles as commander, takes a few seconds more to give orders to the squad now, also sometimes its hard to give them the right positions cause if you move the cursor a few meters away from a vehicle you already get the get in sign on the cursor

- Helicopter controls, seriously i never understood people that moaned about it, it was so easy and fun, now i have to fight the bird and not the enemy most time

So mayn more things that were improved soooo much that they somehow ended worser than before, especially the "improved" things that worked well before.

Oh and... cant we finalyl get a option to lower the grass amount or at least make it more random and spread, the grass is the biggest performance issue for me it seems but if i completely get rid of it via config ArmA doesnt look good anymore plus i will get a modified file note in MP games huh.gif

I dont always wanna moan about ArmA but heck two patches in short time and it still feels so unfinished at many parts.

---

Maybe BIS should pick some trustworthy testers fromt he community and let them help with massive testing?