Sign in to follow this  
Jambo107

Failed to read the Shader cache file

I was playing Arma, came out to check a site went back in and now this error/

'Failed to read the Shader cache file'

What the hell? I've not had an issue before with Arma

I installed the 1.02 patch for the german moriphicon DL ver 1.01. First time I rang the game it functioned fine using the new patch. I then rang the 6th sense patch german->English and I encoutered the error you mentioned above though it was preceded with an error stating "no entry '.CfgWorlds'".

I reinstalled the 1.01 ver of the game then patched to 1.02 german and the game worked fine

... a problem with how the 6th sense language patch works with ver 1.02?

We do not provide support for people using unofficial language modifications.

Would not expect support for this smile_o.gif - just wondering are the other 2 posters using this language patcher also? In order to rule in/out this factor.

Quote[/b] ]- just wondering are the other 2 posters using this language patcher also?

Mine is straight install, no langauge modification.

Ya I got the same error. I downloaded the 1.02 patch, the I reinstalled arma, applied the patch, then patched the game with the language patcher, now when I click the icon to start the game I get the error failed to read the shader cache file, file broken or missing.

And before my arma game worked perfectly. I have the downloaded German version by the way.

my specs:

windows XP home

geforce 7800

lots of room.

its the patch not working with the english patch or the game not sure.

back again, found out sickboy's got the new version of his german to english tranlation patcher which worksfor version 1.02.

Heres what I did I reinstalled the game.

installed the bis patch 1.02

then installed sickboy's patcher for the tranlation.

presto! Ding! problem solved. Well I do have to say really I don't see an improvement that is really notacable, you still can't fly the dam choppers no matter what control configuration you use.

anyways I have a windows xp p4

geforce 7800

Soundblaster xfi yadaydaydada, thats what I did I leave it in your hands, I might revert back to 1.01, part2 isn't any better, I had better performance on 1.01

good luck to you all. I love OFP , and this will get better give it time, just remember how regular OFP started.

smile_o.gif