Sign in to follow this  
dan9of9

ATI Drivers

I'm not saying that its a problem with the engine per se, but the amount of texture rendering required when looking at and expanse of forest or heavy vegetation as opposed to say, an open desert or scrubland area, is reflected in the FPS you will see (if your running FRAPS that is).

I can get 50 - 60 FPS in areas that don't require huge amounts of rendering to be performed by the GPU but not if I'm stood in the middle of a forest.

Most posts I've read in the troubleshooting forums about graphical glitches etc. seems to be from people with low to mid range GPU's running gfx settings in the normal to high (in some cases v. high) range and then complaining it all runs like a dog or they're getting wierd artifacts.

I accept that in the case of the 8800's there is definately a problem that is related to the game code, but most people need to accept that the game is a real heavyweight in graphical terms, and adjust their expectations accordingly, i,e turn object/texture and AA settings to LOW because these are all GPU killers in ArmA (or any other game for that matter).

I'll shut up now..... wink_o.gif

About those low FPS in forest or heavy vegetation, BIS programers already said in the forum somewhere that it is a problem they are facing and they are still working on it.

So you can expect its a feature to be fixed or optimized and its been working on for improvements.

its just a matter of time.

"Time will come"

i got my answer and solution to this ATI DRIVERS!

My problem using ATI Radeon X1950 PRO 512mb ddr3 AGP:

Quote[/b] ]Ticket #:  737-1226207

Date Created:  5/9/2007 11:31 AM EDT

Date Updated:  5/23/2007 2:34 PM EDT

Ticket Description

Type of Inquiry:  PC support

Bus Type:  AGP

Operating System:  WINDOWS XP SP2

Other Operating System:    

Driver Version:    

Driver Version:  CATALYST Mobility 7.3

Other Driver Version:    

Category:  Solve a Problem

Driver Version:    

Topic:  Performance

Trade-up to product

(Trade-up FAQ):    

Have you moved since submitting the rebate?:    

Order number:    

Sub-topic:  Games

Multimedia Center Component:    

Multimedia Center Version:    

Media Center Component:    

Media Center Version:    

Other Multimedia Center Version :    

Other Promotion:    

Other Topic:    

Graphics Manufacturer:  ATI Technologies Inc.

Vendor:  Not Sure

Application:  Other

Application Name:  Armed Assault

Product:  Radeon X1950 PRO

Application Version:  7.3

Which retailer did you purchase your ATI card from ?:    

Offer/ Department #:    

Was this purchased over the Internet?:    

Other Retailer:    

Purchase Date:    

Rebate Amount:    

New Address

Street Address:    

Address 2:    

City:    

Postal Code / Zip:    

Province:    

State:    

State / Province / Division:    

Postal Code:    

Zip:    

Summary:  Handle Leaks

Details:  When running Armed Assault, i notice in task manager that the handle leaks grow up unaturally, destroying the pleasure of gaming. The game becomes laggy grafic. i already noticed a 223,400 handle leaks in that task manager. Please Fix this problem! Im a huge fan of this ARMED ASSAULT. I upgraded my computer to run this game better, but with this handle leaks i cant play it as i should. Thanks.

Attachment:  01Mini050207_01.dmp

Solution ATI gave:

Quote[/b] ]

Solved:

(5/23/2007 2:34 PM EDT)  Greetings!

Thank you for contacting AMD Customer Care for ATI products.

The issue can be game-specific. I would recommend that you contact the game developer for a game patch or other suggestions.

Thank you for choosing AMD

AMD Customer Care for ATI Products

http://ati.amd.com/

now i ask, who will solve this problem then?

reopen the ticket and link them to AMD.ATI own knowledge base article about ArmA handles leak:

http://support.ati.com/ics....D=27293

then to this forum thread where AMD.ATI staff confirms the bug IN AMD.ATI drivers from 6.8 to 7.4 ...

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=61878

so till i see this confirmed by BIS or in KB article or by trustable staff from AMD.ATI driver development team i find that answer just another 'go away' tech support msg

notice the 'can be' in that answer , to me it sounds more like automated type of answer ...

How much do they pay that guy?

He doesnt even look in his OWN knowledgebase. *sigh*

I foud some links for the new drivers (probably beta?) 8.38 and 7.5

I have not tried them yet...because it seems like it is for the "mobility" cards (laptop) but they will still do...

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33891395

What is the difference between 8.38 and 7.5 anyways? Is 8.38 for vista?

8.37.x and 8.38 RC? were all only with INF entries for X2900/X2600 and X2400 and some got mobility X2xxx entries ...

that mean You needed to modify manually installer .inf files to add older videocards ...

even then how qualite it works is big question

Hello,

I've seen this problem with my 2900XT when curser is over some thing glitching. Not to sure which video option it was but i higherd the graffic settings and it was all gone. i was playing with settings from my COUGH old 7900GT OC SC.

BUT yes one option turned up solved it.

sad_o.gif Post 1.08 I still get the error since release i'v ebeen banking on some sort of hotfix or patch to fix it. I guess giving specs or anything is rather pointless due to everyone still ahving to deal with the problem and no apparent fix available. sigh.

BUMP!

hah, of course I could say I have the 505 games version due to the fact I couldn't wait to play it any longer and my american computer is making the graphics go nuts.