Sign in to follow this  
dan9of9

ATI Drivers

@ duke i wish i had ur money if i want that card i need 6 mohnts saveings i alwasy luved nVidia and this is my first Ati

and i get **** card and drivers

but its a nice idea 2 ask if Ati can look into it i go sent a mail

if i get response i get back here and if not then Ati shows it nataur and i go Nvidia Again

I can only agree.

Since my 3DFX Vodoo II card, I always had Nvidia cards. Using an ATi card for the first time ever now, and - never again.

My next card is an Nvidia card again.

Needs to be fixed! Campaing is completely unplayable because of this bug and the server browser is so laggy that its a trouble trying to play ArmA online.

geesh...

Has there been any sort of official word on this? The campaign is unplayable because of this.

I was planning on getting a new comp at some point. I may have to go Nvidia as well.

I had the same problem. After I tried many solutions i found it. The reason is too low graphic memory (all 128MB cards). If you have 128MB video memory you need to extend it in bios - in my bios is it "AGP Memory" and switch to 128MB (it cause that when the game fill up the memory on graphic card will be used another 128MB from you system memory (RAM)

This is working on my old PC

I had the same problem. After I tried many solutions i found it. The reason is too low graphic memory (all 128MB cards). If you have 128MB video memory you need to extend it in bios - in my bios is it "AGP Memory" and switch to 128MB (it cause that when the game fill up the memory on graphic card will be used another 128MB from you system memory (RAM)

This is working on my old PC

I've got 2GB of graphic memory. Quad SLI NIVIDIA 7950GTX, each card is 512mb. I'm getting this problem aswell.

Ive got the x1300 card and well its also crazy most of the time. I cant even play on the main island. Happens to all sorts of addons, flying, driving, armoured, boats, on foot. And it looks like a familiar picture.

erororeroro.jpg

errororor.jpg

confused_o.gif I was planning on buying a X1650 but im going to wait a bit with that I think... Allthough now I cant really play the game.

But im not complaining lets see in 5 years how high speed this game will be! thumbs-up.gif

borked.png

I have the same problem too, plus game runs like crap with everything turned low and view set to 500M, this is not a heat problem

P4 @ 3.6Ghz with AC Freezer Pro7 idle 36C under load 55C

Gigabyte MB

Ati X850XT PE 256MB AGP (AC Cooled 57C under full load)

2 GB Corsair XMSPC3200 ram

SB X-fi Extreme edition

Dual Raptor raid0 Hard drives

Hiper Type R 580w PSU

Hmmm, sounds like me. I just cannot get above 35 FPS, mostly running at 20 FPS or so, even at 800x600 and all on low, and it looks like TOTAL SHITE - far worse than when I was running OFP smoothly.

My system,

P4 3.2

X800 XL 256 DDR3

1.5 GB DDR 400

I notice we have roughly similar systems. It seems this game is really badly optimised for systems like ours that are a year or so old... mad_o.gif

You guys are aware of the bad ATI driver handle problem? Roll your drivers back to 6.7 and it should help.

edit: my bad.. it seems that those old drivers don't support the 1xxx family. You could always give it a try...

Ive got the x1300 card and well its also crazy most of the time. I cant even play on the main island. Happens to all sorts of addons, flying, driving, armoured, boats, on foot. And it looks like a familiar picture.

erororeroro.jpg

errororor.jpg

confused_o.gif  I was planning on buying  a X1650 but im going to wait a bit with that I think... Allthough now I cant really play the game.

But im not complaining lets see in 5 years how high speed this game will be!  thumbs-up.gif

don't bother with an x1650 pro, i've got one with exactly the same machine spec as you and its no better. I get less than 10 fps even on low esttings, low view distance and AA and AF disabled. This game was designed for ultra high spec brand new machines only not our mid spec two year old things.

The recommended spec on the game box - its a joke , they should be made accountable for such dire recommedations.

One very disgruntle Arma lover who can't even play the flippin game!

well, im on ATI, b4 had x1950 pro PCI-e 512MB have no problems at all on 1.04 version of Arma, right now i have x1950 CF and x1950 XTX and they run perfectly no problems on 1.05 version of Arma, i guess its not ATI fault. all my setting for x1950 pro and current x1950CF+x1950XTX was and is on max.

P.S. However if u have this module of GFX:

ATI Desktop product family support

The Catalyst® software suite is designed to support the following ATI desktop products:

Radeon® X1900 series

Radeon® X1800 series

Radeon® X1600 series

Radeon® X1300 series

Radeon® X850 series

Radeon® X800 series

Radeon® X700 series

Radeon® X600 series

Radeon® X550 series

Radeon® X300 series

Radeon® 9800 series

Radeon® 9700 series

Radeon® 9600 series

Radeon® 9550 series

Radeon® 9500 series

plz.b4 post anything, read here:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=58542

then install catalist control 6.7 along with display drivers.

there is link.

You guys are aware of the bad ATI driver handle problem?  Roll your drivers back to 6.7 and it should help.

I hate to keep saying this but here goes..

It can't just be an ATI problem as i'm getting the exact same problems with my NIVIDIA 7950gx2...... banghead.gif

I can only agree.

Since my 3DFX Vodoo II card, I always had Nvidia cards. Using an ATi card for the first time ever now, and - never again.

My next card is an Nvidia card again.

haha good old Voodoo 2 smile_o.gif those were the days... i remember my old Matrox 3D =P

Only Nvidia card i had was a Geforce 2...

Ive had an ATI 9550 + an ATI X1950 PRO and i prefer ATI as they seem to give a lot more value for money =) Also i havent encountered any major problems using ATI cards

having one or other type vido, come from idea what u build. for example : i test Nvidia 7900 512MB compere to x 1950 pro 512MB on same game (medieval 2), Nvidia was expirenced lost of lagg on higes setings with resolution 1600x1200, at same time x 1950pro 512 das not have any lag at all.

so my chose go for ATI x 1950pro 512, to elimenate smal chans of hardvare conflict, i chose matherboard same company so here we go Sapphire radon x 1950 pro with sapphire RD580 pure crossfire advantige, and of couse as long ATI its same company with AMD , i did chose AMD processor.

i know most of can desput, but when u use different compay producer hardvare, u allway can face, minemal, but chanse when ur hardware loose effecency , or chance of mini conflicts wich effect on speed of visual effects., i build my own computers for 8 years, and with my way of building them, never had problems. still and can run 1.04 or 1.05 on higest settings with out problem.

P.S. i currantly do not use x1950 pro.

I have x800 and a amd 3500xp

running in xp

I have all the dam bugs you guys have, but I also get them in the menu, its so bad sometimes i cant even quit the game becuase I cant see the box.

This is no good, this game has so much potential, its a crime to let it be ruined like this.

The problems seems worse on the US demo. God forbid if they release this with game in the US with this problem.

Quote[/b] ]I now believe this problem is heat related and has nothing whatsoever to do with drivers or ArmA. Maybe the GPUs which suffer this problem have poor cooling fans attached, as the engineer who replaced my GPUs said the fans were burnt out. All four of my GPUs were only 4 months old.

The above quote is what i wrote in another thread regarding this problem.

I checked my GPUs temperatures after i shut ArmA down and i found they were in the high 80s and low 90s. Now i'm no tech head or computer geek but i know this is not good.

Since my GPUs have been replaced i've yet to see this problem raise its' very ugly head.

Since i seem to be the only NIVIDIA user who's having this problem i do not believe it is an ATI fault.

It's important to keep the inside of your computer clean. You should buy a can of air and blow out all the fluff balls and turds from all the fans, heatsinks, and other projections in there. If you are a smoker, the inside of your computer can become coated in smoke and tar, insulating and and reducing the airflow.

I`v used freezing spray to cool down my card (X800Pro) to rule out overheating, and it made absolutely nothing whatsoever cooling it down so its either drivers and or Arma itself in my opinion.

I'm having the same ArmA problem with an old 9600xt 128MB but I have never encountered any problems playing 100s of other games including many recent ones. Changing the graphics settings temporarily makes the artifacts go away.

ArmA's graphics engine is doing something unusual that some drivers/cards (mostly ATI) can't deal with. I think this is a BIS issue, but one that is low priority in their bug list because of the difficulty in fixing it and the small number of people that it affects.

I'm getting the problem to (HIS 1950Pro 512 AGP)..no OCing on my part and temps don't go above 55oc.

thing is i just bought this card for ArmA and it plays superb @ 1280*1024 but the artifacting sets in after just 5-8 mins.

tried 6.12 drivers & am on 7.4 with same results.

And i switched from Nvidia to ATI for the first time in 10 years sad_o.gif

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504....MG]

i have ati x1600 256mb AGP, also had this prob before. had to set texture detail to low, oterwise will get that gfx glitch thing.

then someone in other thread (cant remember which, sorry...) suggested to check your bios setting and set the video aperture to your video card ram (default was 64 mb, so i reset it to 256mb) and the problem gone.

maybe it's because AGP thing? is your vidcard AGP?

well...not so many artifacts but very poor performance...with textures on normal, all eye-candy off and shaders and shadows on very low I get fps from 15-30...how is that possible when Nvida users get 50-70 with midend cards!?

Pentuim 3.4 GHz EE

1.5G Ram

ATI x1950Pro 512 AGP

/Abbe