Sign in to follow this  
dan9of9

ATI Drivers

Doesn't the X800 series have a temp sensor on them? Then you can easily see if its an heating issue.

I also have a x1950pro maybe I'm lucky since I've never had any glitches or heat issues mentioned above, maybe just faulty hardware o_.

Doesn't the X800 series have a temp sensor on them? Then you can easily see if its an heating issue.

I also have a x1950pro maybe I'm lucky since I've never had any glitches or heat issues mentioned above, maybe just faulty hardware o_.

it's barely noticeable in ArmA ...

i get this in 1 of 50 runs only in certain angles etc ...

and it's not heat related at all ...

and it's not heat related at all ...

Oh I was replying to earlier message about that.

Just tried catalyst 7.1, no improvement.... sad_o.gif

That is with a Radeon9800PRO 128MB.

Just tried catalyst 7.1, no improvement.... sad_o.gif

That is with a Radeon9800PRO 128MB.

Im going to say this, because maybe no one else has - You really shouldnt be running this with a 9800. I had a 9800 Pro, and it was a good card, but its outdated, pure and simple.

Now I have an X1600, and my performance is.. wow.

My 9800 lagged on OFP, as well as a few other games I met the requirements for. If you low-end the graphics, and it still lags/glitches, then it must be the card/drivers.

I also had a 9800 pro and it wasn't really up to the job for this game.

I replaced it with a X1650 Pro and life is much better.

@Dwarden, I had similar bugs/artifacts, the thin black line down from weapon. I turned off catalyst A.I. in Control center and it seemed to go away. Not sure if it the same as yours though your pics look a bit different.

well i tried 7.1 and went thru all 3 options (off, low, high) for Catalyst AI and no difference ...

bug still appears in RagTroll and ArmA ...

guess it's leftover bug in ATI drivers ...

Im running Sapphire Radeon X1950 PRO AGP 512mb... no problems here... smooth as silk =)

I also have an x1950Pro 512M AGP and get CTD's, lag och funny things like this screenshot:

bugxb5.jpg

icon_rolleyes.gif

/Abbe

Well i exploded my PSU trying to use my X1950 pro crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif so i gotta get a new and better one :\ I didnt encounter any glitches or artifacts while playing with it tho..

p.s. what PSU do you use to run the card?

Well i exploded my PSU trying to use my X1950 pro crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif so i gotta get a new and better one :\ I didnt encounter any glitches or artifacts while playing with it tho..

p.s. what PSU do you use to run the card?

thats often the case, pumped gpu and little to back it with power, i got x1950pro with 7.1 drivers, and i naturally had a generic 500w PSU.(which i doubt was even 250w at peak)

the volt to the core was unstable, so was the entire pc, changed to a proper PSU[thermaltake, 500w] and its perfectly stable now and the game actually works better.

Yeah i had a generic 480 which came with a case i got the other day so i could actually FIT the card in (i used a shuttle case beforehand). First issue was realising that both power connectors on the card needed to be plugged in, i thought it was for dual monitor setup =) got that working, played 10 minutes and pc shuts down :S turned it back on a couple of hours later and exploded while browsing this very site :P My only hope is that only the PSU has been damaged and not the rest of my pc or im gonna be depressed :S

I just thought i'd bump this thread up because i'm getting these wierd graphical glitches, but i'm using a Quad SLI NVIDIA 7950 GX2. My game runs fine on low-normal settings, but when i start to tweak them to high the problem returns.

The demo had these problems also (when i got close to trees and bushes) but no where near as bad as they are in the full game. I can't justify running this game on low-normal settings with the system i've got. Especially when i can run games like Company of heroes on maxed-out settings.

That supposed fix with changing the monitor was nonsense. I've messed around with my settings for the past 4 days and still no luck.

Hi!

Having the same problem with the grapichs as so many other ATI users seem to have.

And despite the fact that we dont have state of the art cards, these problems should not occur if there had been some proper beta testing. But what annoys me the most are two things:

BI:s complet silence in this matter. I might have missed it but nowhere have I seen any respons from BI (Bad & Ignorant???)

about this.

Second, the moderators here. As soon as a topic gets critical towards BI its shut down.

Not very good customer support in my eyes.

P4 2.8C

ATI X800PRO

512 RAM

AUDIGY 2

PSU 450W

Interesting read overall.

I have played ArAs tounge2.gif with a bios-flashed 9500 Pro that is currently running as a 9700 Pro with some additional coolers for RAM and GPU and clocked at 300:290. I have never had any artifacts like that. I remember having them back with OFP with some driver versions but with latest Omega drivers I never had any problems. Of course the card is old but up to now it ran to my best pleasure.

I don´t think it´s a temperature issue, keeping in mind that it seems to happen with a lot of users who certainly don´t have all faulty hardware or heavily clocked cards.

Maybe it´s a remain from porting the XBox version to PC in parts. I guess ArAs tounge2.gif has a lot in common with the XBox version and maybe there are some remains in the engine that are not really optimized/bugfree because of that.

Hey guys

Just tried the 7.2 catalyst drivers and it does exactly the same for me...those geometry and graphics anomalies are still there! What is going on??

So no change with the 7.2's over the 7.1's....think I'll have to go back to the 5.8's...

Cheers

i have it sometimes but not that it take the whole screen it just flash for 1 milie sec on screen and its gone but whit 6.11 i think i get the most flashing.

i think its driver related mad_o.gif

Its a shame that the 7.2 drivers do not fix your problems but on a plus note in the release notes it it states that it has a new lower system usage catalyst and will give significant performance increases.

Its a shame that the 7.2 drivers do not fix your problems but on a plus note in the release notes it it states that it has a new lower system usage catalyst and will give significant performance increases.

lol yea only the CC panel i dint notice ingame preformece gain

Yup CCP works pretty silently in the background for me now..

I didnt notice a performance increase though...

I've been doing some more testing on this graphical bug were experiancing and i'd like to know if any of you guys get similar issues as mine;

(1) Does it occur on the smaller test island, it doesn't on mine.

(2) Place a unit in the editor facing away from a town then preview it. When i turn to face the town and then press zoom i get the graphical error. When i turn and face away it goes back to normal.

(3) Does the problem still occur when you have very low-low settings applied. This fixes the problem for me, but i'm not playing with these settings when i have Quad SLI.

When i had the first demo installed i got the same bug, but this time it occured when i pressed zoom while i was near trees or bushes. The last version of the demo had no graphical errors.

Maybe it isn't driver related as i have a NVIDIA card and the majority of you guys have ATI. I'm beggining to think it may be a bugged pbo. It wont be the first time this has happened either.

I bought the USARMY1 module for VBS1 and it had a bugged pbo and these modules where created individually because of the encryption key.

This problem only occurs with ArmA so it can't be overheating and i'm sure it's not driver related either. The problem lies with ArmA. I may purchase another copy of ArmA from a different store to my original purchase and if the problem is still there then i'm f***ed banghead.gif

All I know is that my X1900GT had horrible graphic glitches that were too bad to ignore (it was like playing inside a cardboard box sometimes). I also began to notice similar issues with rFactor and Black and White 2. I added extra cooling as well just to see if it would help and saw no improvement even though my card was running at just over half it's temperature scale (around 80 - 85 max under full/prolonged load I believe).

I tried the previous 4 driver updates and nothing made any noticeable difference at any time. The problem only got worse and worse over a short amount of time so I asked here, other arma communities and even e-mailed ATI tech who only pointed me to their "lack of knowledge" base.

I went out and purchase an 8800 GTS and voila, issue solved.

I've been an avid ATI owner for 4 years now but this issue was just so ridiculous for what was touted to be a higher end card that I dropped them and now sleep with NVIDIA.

Good luck to all you ATI owners out there experiencing issues. If it's any consolation, I do know what you’re going through because this whole ordeal had me wound tight.