Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Favorite music to play OFP by...

Well I think anyone will agree that rage should have been one of the poll choices, one of the best rock bands ever. Too bad they broke up.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MDRZulu @ Jan. 29 2002,03:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well I think anyone will agree that rage should have been one of the poll choices, one of the best rock bands ever. Too bad they broke up.<span id='postcolor'>

Rage is still around...sort of...Without Zack...but Timmy, Brad & Tom are apparenty still playing, and I've heard rumors that they did some recording with another singer.....who knows, but they'll probably never be the same

Hey Tovarish, is that Maynard from "Tool" that I hear singing some parts on "know your enemy" by RATM?

I like "Bad Religion", but their songs wouldn't fit with any mission. Some of their songs relate to the situation in OFP though

Like: "I want to conquer the World"

"Leaders and Followers"

"Sorrow"

Those are a few that I can think of off the top of my head.

I like loads of bands but I don't listen to any music while playing OFP, I need my ears! biggrin.gif

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Jan. 29 2002,07:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey Tovarish, is that Maynard from "Tool" that I hear singing some parts on "know your enemy" by RATM?<span id='postcolor'>

Yep, sure is.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Tom, Brad, and Tim are recording with the signer from Soundgarden....<span id='postcolor'>

It's Chris Cornel.

IMO, Soundgarden was the best band to come out of Seattle during the 90's. I have 3 of their albums, they kick ass. Its too bad they broke up, but its nice to see Chris working again.

It should be interseting to see what their sound is like.

Tyler

This has gone OT so I'll kick it over there now smile.gif

Well, from the choices, Slayer and Metallica would work best in cutscenes...like "Bitter Peace", or "Damage Inc." Or what about Fear Factory, or Machine Head? Or some Sepultura off of Chaos AD, that's a badass CD...

1: iron maiden -die with ur boots on(great for when ur raining down multiple rocket hell from the mi 17 biggrin.gif )

2: predator mp3 for when on infantry missions

listen to other stuff sometimes and sometimes nothing at all though smile.gif

bah i dont see " the carpenters" in that poll, nor do i see tom jones, redhammer plays well with a "not unusual" music background =]]

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> nor do i see tom jones, redhammer plays well with a "not unusual" music background =]]<span id='postcolor'>

There is something that is just hillarious and odd about playing happy music in the background and watching people being slaughtered all over the place. biggrin.gif

Just imagine a movie where a guy bursts into a place with a gun and starts blowing people away in slow motion to "What a wonderful world" ...Just plain odd..... tounge.gif

Tyler

Billy Joel - Goodnight Saigon

Meatloaf - Paradise by the Dashboard light (confused.gif yea, I know I'm crazy)

Guns 'n Roses - Paradise city

I only use in game music, because other music under a game sucks. When u play OFP and u r sneaking through the forest and u hear loud music i haven't got the feeling i am sneaking through the forest. It has to be completely soundless except for the sounds of birds etc. But when a ingame music starts, which makes it more tence i like it.

I always listen to the Backstreet Boys when playing OFP because that makes me really angry and I kill better smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Feb. 11 2002,12:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I always listen to the Backstreet Boys when playing OFP because that makes me really angry and I kill better smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

lmao lol il have to try that smile.gif

You know what realy kicks ass is the old enthym of the USSR which is played during the installation process. This realy creates the right athmosphere. smile.gif

not ofp, but in sudden strike i like to play "adaigo for strings" by samuel barber (platoon theme), excelent for sending music for sending Russians across no mans land wink.gif

I listen to sounds of whales calms me down and make me try to be peaceful and stop the war. biggrin.gif

some georgian legend's songs for the east smile.gif

adagio for the strings , paint in black , surfin bird , the end for the west

This may be a bit late, but i chose slayer, cos they kick ass smile.gif

i started a new opf campaign once and had slipknot ''slipknot'' on, and i found that was quite cool, went well with the game in its own way, even though all the quiet scenes still had loads of shouting and heavy guitars.

i remember while i was playing i was on track 15 on the cd, it was pretty sweet because the music actually went really well:

''give me a scream corey'' - i was running across the fields to my target in a squad

''YAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!'' - the sarge ordered to keep low

then corey started singing and all hell broke loose (there was a massive explosion just as all the guitars and drums exploded biggrin.gif )

not only that but it was a kick ass song.

I haven't tried it with slayer yet though, mainly cos my computers on the fritz sad.gif i'd imagine listening to ''New faith'' would kick ass on that battlefields mission.

late post, but since this is in offtopic anyway.....

What's your favorite jukebox prog. to play MP3s on your PC? Windows Media Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp,Sonique or what?

I used to use MMJB, but I didnt like the more recent versions, so I'm using WMP most often....