Sign in to follow this  
Blink Dog

Armed civie/gang units for Arma

I am currently working on a set of armed civilians for Arma. It is the civilians from the game armed with pistols and rifles.

I am createing this addon for anyone needing armed civilian type units like gangs and undercover cops. Units will be available for all "sides" in the game. I will also include missions with the addon.

I am only hitting one snag as it were, when I copy paste the wound mapping info from the main config in order to paste to my config it "ends" the file so any entries that occur after the information do not exist in the editor. I'm not sure exactly what is going on with it.

Here are some pics to look at:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums....-34.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums....5-2.jpg

Cool idea!

I think i saw those guys walking around Fayetteville once....

*edit*

Hav you tried just copy/pasting little chunks of it at a time?

No I haven't tired that. I suspect it has something to do the whole }; placement thing. I'm going to play around with it for a while, but if I can't fix it I'll release without damage texture entries and release a fix later.

very cool...why did BIS not include any women civilian characters I wonder?

That's what I'm wondering.

How can we simulate a populated city with only american civilians and no local men and women?

you don't have to copy the wound mapping info, just base it off the civilian class. If you base your class off of a wrong class the bleeding wwll not work. It only works if you base them off of the class you use the model of. Hope you get what I'm talking about.

you can put them to a side by adding

side = 1

for example

Looks good, I was planning to do something like this myself so I have some OPFOR to some units I'm planning to release. You take a lot of work off my shoulders smile_o.gif

Because of animations - women are smaller (soldier in ArmA is almost 2 metres high) and have different style of walk and run.

you don't have to copy the wound mapping info, just base it off the civilian class. If you base your class off of a wrong class the bleeding wwll not work. It only works if you base them off of the class you use the model of. Hope you get what I'm talking about.

you can put them to a side by adding

side = 1

for example

Looks good, I was planning to do something like this myself so I have some OPFOR to some units I'm planning to release. You take a lot of work off my shoulders smile_o.gif

Well I classed them off of the west rifleman to give them more slots and it also enables them to use the secondary weapon like a rpg-7.

You have given me an idea though. From what I gather the damage textures (blood) are an alpha channel that overlays on the exisiting texture, I might just do the damage textures according to the base class and see what happens.

Because of animations - women are smaller (soldier in ArmA is almost 2 metres high) and have different style of walk and run.

Didn't the bis say it will be possible to create different body shaped and height for soldiers!?  biggrin_o.gif

14. Are different sizes of people possible now, like heavily-built, tall or small people?

- Yes, but every different size would need new animations and bones.

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=10235 whistle.gif  whistle.gif

- Yes, but every different size would need new animations and bones.

Making all those animations will be a pain in the arse. Hat's off to anyone who gives it a shot. *Looks at Sanctuary wink_o.gif*

Abs

is it just me, or is this gang crap totally pointless if they are the default models, why not just add weapons via removeweaponthis, et cetera?

because it's way easier to built missions when they are on a side and already armed.

Editing the mission.sqs could be a pain because you have to redo it everytime you loaded the mission in the editor and the setfriend command is cool but it gives trouble as well. Try to put some civvies and empty cars and toher civi stuff on the map. Than a West squad and type into the init of one of them west setfriend [civilian, 0] they'll go crazy and report targets and enemies everywhere. I also heard an some AI humvees shooting like crazy, but there weren't any targets in their reach so I've got no idea what they attacked (maybe some seagulls?)

Goo idea, will be handy. Found myself really tired with addweapon command etc..

Although I think you should concider only making a gang of the model with the camo pants. Looks most realistic for a guerilla style gang atm.

http://download.yousendit.com/4863C0347C1A5F6A

Here is a beta of the addon. I still haven't been able to get the damage textures to work so if anyone would like to look at it and maybe tell me what to do it would be appreciated.

I am currently working on a few missions both single and multiplayer for the proper release.

They were in OFP.

And they had different animations. Can't be too hard... huh.gif