Sign in to follow this  
raedor

ArmA photography - Questions&Comments

Guest Ti0n3r

Damn Ebud, Those are the best looking custom models I've ever seen in any game! biggrin_o.gif

Thanks, but I wouldn't go that far smile_o.gif

I think the texturing is turning out nicely but it really is mostly the engine plus Parvus's eye for camera work and lighting. This engine can make even poorly done reskins look nice.

I think once the modeling tools come out you'll see some nicer work.

Hey Parvus. I am assuming (new guy here) that your images are set-up using scripts? some of the anaimations are so lifelike and feel as though they are a real life snapshot.

At the moment mine are all pretty static.

Great pics BTW....The screenshot page is the main reason I went and purchased this game. Thanks guys...more of my life in front of the PC! tounge2.gif

Your texture work is really always impressive Ebud, the quality can easily put several commercial releases to shame.

Maybe i will let finally put down centcom just for these awesome skins biggrin_o.gif

I'll post a beta this weekend in the discussion thread so any bugs can be found before I post it to any real sites.

You and your Centcom wink_o.gif

Even if the engine is helping out with overall quality, you have to be able to put the right texture styles together to make a nice looking unit. That takes skill right there.

Photo thread is always the first place I check when i visit.

Nice job on the retexes guys. thumbs-up.gif

Gaia nice shot on that forrest and sun light smile_o.gif

and that sniper from Markus neat too ...

I agree Gaia, great use of the sunlight through the woods ... I have your first photo as my desktop.

Not had a photo on my desktop for two years now either ... but when I seen that photo I was like wow_o.gif

BUZZARD @ Feb. 21 2007,15:59)]Hey Albert, in that "Ugly Joe" pic, am I wrong or did you put a custom face on that unit? There face seems to be of a lighter color than the rest of the tan... Due to gas mask use, perhaps?

sure, it was my first attempt to find out what I have to be careful of when creating custom faces. It isnt as easy as OFP, especially the nose textures are challenging.

I was trying to make a custom face of Dieter Bohlen just for fun (the germans will know him). He is part of the german jury of Superstars and a very ambigious person of public attention.

I will keep working on it for my own learning curve, the first attempt failed miserably, but the face I created looks so funny ingame, I nearly dropped dead when seeing it the first time.

Thank you guyz -

@HamishUK: thx but it would be nice to have some animations in ArmA;

P.S. very nice pics all  wink_o.gif

Nice pics all, can't wait to upgrade my PC :]

Too bad there are sometimes more photographers in ArmA instead of COOP participants :P

Cameron, I like the plastic US Flag you have on your ACU vest guys, and the pockets are pretty good too.

Parvus, that roadsign you've featured in many of your pictures is one that I saw almost everyday for 12 months, and I think I gave it to frogstar when he started up that project. Good times.

Nice screens Parvus!

Thx Marcus - i love your forest pics too; @Clavicula: so you got another relation to that addon i guess ...

Nice screens, some even got great camera angles and dramatic scenes. But above all, astonashing detail, can't get that level of detail with my PC.

Hey Gnat, that Ka-26 looks cool! wow_o.gif

It never passed the beta stage so I wonder if it's possible to make it available for ArmA? I mean, could you ask Ghost, if he's still around somewhere? It's one of my fav OFP helos... Though I know why you didn't take a picture showing it's rear end! wink_o.gif

BUZZARD @ Feb. 26 2007,18:50)]It never passed the beta stage so I wonder if it's possible to make it available for ArmA? I mean, could you ask Ghost, if he's still around somewhere? It's one of my fav OFP helos... Though I know why you didn't take a picture showing it's rear end!   wink_o.gif

Yes, its already flying in ArmA very well ..... too well in my opinion, better than the native choppers!

Couple of things to look at first before release;

- Better Consules

- Higher details for cockpit, wheels, rotor gear etc

- Better textures (oh god I hate textures (cuz they hate me sad_o.gif ) )

- Maybe a para-drop script or too

- "Underwater invisible bug"

- etc

And what is may I ask is wrong with its arse?! tounge2.gif

(Yes, I been working on that too)

Ka26_5.jpg

AHA! I see you made a flight aboard that baby more bearable for people afraid of heights or flying... rofl.gif

Also, one thing that looked odd on the OFP version and, as I can see from the pic you posted above, is still present in ArmA, is the wheels... They look a bit "deflated", me thinks...

But, it definitely is a beaut! biggrin_o.gif

And you say it handles better than the natives? Probably due to it's short body and light mass combined with dual-rotor, maybe? I already loved its handling in OFP, though any OH-6 / MH-6 / MD500 released for OFP was more agile, IMHO & IIRC, but I guess with ArmA's new helo flight model, the Ka-26 comes out on top...

Definitely looking forward to this one!

thumbs-up.gif

hey guys, i was inspired by those great screenshots you posted and decided to take some myself.

but i've got a problem with the size. the forum limit is at 100kb, but i can't seem to bring my files down to this.

i take screenies with Print Screen, load them into MS Paint and save them as .jpeg files. many of them are larger than 100kb, some up to 360kb.

now, when i try to edit them (basically to get rid of the black widescreen bars) and save them afterwards, they are over 1MB in size! even when i resize them from 1600x1200 to 1024x768 or even 800x600 they are still larger than the original, unedited version. i use ArcSoft Photostudio.

what should i do? or how are you guys doing it?

personally i use adobe ps and when i clcik file it has many options, one of whic is "save for web".

it opens a new window and gives 4 options low, medium, high, max

depending how big the origin file was i can usuually get a high out put around 70 - 100 k

others split the pic into 2 and save 2 or 3 x 100 kb slices.

this way in the forum they wil look like one if you set it out right.