Sign in to follow this  
raedor

ArmA photography - Questions&Comments

but i share the same opinion as da12thmonkey (handy given we're on the same team) that it simply wouldnt do it justice. I dont believe in retextures, and wont settle for it. What you must remember is that with OFP, the modding scene begun before the creation of UKF, and before the current team. This time round we've got a rolling start if you like, we have the experience, we have the team, just give us the tools  smile_o.gif

I've tried retexturing SFF's recon units in des DPM to try and pass them off as UKSF-types (no helmet, just boonies) as a private, short-term solution to the lack of UK kit, and they're alright if you use a bit of imagination (and forgive the fact that I can't make textures to save my life), but there's no way you could do regular UK troops without mod tools.

Thanks for the comment btw Commando84. My specs are AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200, 1024MB RAM, NVidia 7900 GT 256MB. ArmA (German 1.0 borrowed off a work collegue 'til he upgrades his system) runs pretty smoothly on a mix of normal-high settings as long as I'm not looking at a forrest, in which case the performance goes to shit, even if I knock object detail and terrain detail down to low/very low.

Hope the 505 release runs a bit better.

Yeah, I can see how that could pass off quite ok for the short term, given the tendancy for the SF types to be using more Yank kit.

Very interresting, I've always wished that someone did a new version of the UN troops. UN plus Tonal would be a dream come true notworthy.gif

Very interresting, I've always wished that someone did a new version of the UN troops. UN plus Tonal would be a dream come true notworthy.gif

Indeed smile_o.gif .

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/1253/pntopforebudun1yo3.jpg

I just love these UN skinned LR's, great stuff Peanut smile_o.gif .

Thanks a lot.

I slightly updated the LR's and added a Ural as well. Check the photography thread for a pic

smile_o.gif

Regards

Peanut

I slightly updated the LR's and added a Ural as well. Check the photography thread for a pic

smile_o.gif

Regards

Peanut

Lovely, that is more how i would like this game to feel like, the BIS fictitional designs are starting to bore me.. this on the other hand ticks my imagination, war torn country split by guerrilla warfare, UN humanitarian mission, UN peace keeping missions (convoy supply/medical aid delivery). Exotic, dramatic and more believable wink_o.gif ...

I hope something bigger will kick from these early works smile_o.gif .

Nice units Peanut..  yay.gif

Ditto.

I'm just glad to see an African themed option for ArmA as i'm tired of the eastern units we've been presented with. Great work Peanut... thumbs-up.gif

Heatseeker said it all two posts up.....

Brilliant, Peanut. It's time for the UN to show up in ArmA.  thumbs-up.gif

Nice pic Gnat biggrin_o.gif I'm looking forward to seeing Navy ships in ArmA... Should be much better with the improved collision detection =)

How many boats are you intending to create?

How many boats are you intending to create?

Thx Jack

..... as many as time permits wink_o.gif .... see if I can do a couple before Game2 gets released biggrin_o.gif

Gnat your mailbox is full.  Time for house keeping  wink_o.gif

Mfg. Lee, you might catch hell for this, but I like your style! lol Nice. BTW how many polys?

How on earth did you do that woman?huh.gif?

a woman in this world of armed assualt violence o my godness we need to defend her.

OK she loks like she can defend herself ok yes.

How do I make a multiple respawn point near her?

Lee, who is this Adrianne and why does she look like she's sleep walking/high?

Yay, that no gras sahrani is kinda ugly and if it can replace the original its kinda cheaterish xD

I hate the photo thread, so much addons that are not released and often they will not be for months ... often addonmakers share their addons between themselves and we players do not have anything to play (except a few reskins) sad_o.gif

"She" is an NVIDIA GF8800 Demo.

---

Just a fake picture.

MfG Lee whistle.gif

mmm she aint no fake shes adrianne marie curry. what a beauty

and the pic is ok too wink_o.gif

Just a fake picture.

MfG Lee whistle.gif

I was going to ask If all the necessary anims are implemented, ya know, for running etc... whistle.gif

nice one wink_o.gif

I hate to interrupt everybody's fantasies and all but am I the only one who notices she's got shoulders like a football player?