Sign in to follow this  
j w

What camoflauge fits Sahrani best?

Personally I think Auscam would fit well with a large portion of the island (especially the more southern regions), however good old DPM would work a treat in the northern forests.

the problem with some of you guys saying "DPM" or "AUSCAM" is that those cams are not worn by US forces, which the game is using as it's main unit.

also, the acu has yet to be issued Army wide and there are many units that don't have. like i said before, the acu is fine, but the camo scheme should have stayed the same (woodland and 3 color desert) or went with the crye camo.

the use of it in iraq is not much of a big deal given the type of operations we are doing over there. it is an urban environment and camoflauge is not a big issue. all that crap we wear is going to give us away anyway and unless you are on a special mission team, your ass won't be wearing anything short of your body armor and uniform.

it is all about the mission because mission dictates what you do and don't wear. there is a time to wear the acu with no problems (patrols in urban areas), but there are also times when it is just not the right uniform to wear on specific operations (reconnaisance and UW missions).

Perhaps they just got lazy in texturing the uniform, or maybe that's what they wanted. I've offered myself for any info they could have needed, and am able to take pictures of whatever is required...

For US forces I'd go for Marpat. The best available in the game yet must be Fredderns Norwegian addon uniforms. They fit in perfectly with the common green on Sahrani.

Dpm  biggrin_o.gif   Or at least, '84 Pattern DPM

Yes, DPM, nigh on 50 years old now and still the best!

But since the poll expects us to pick a septic army pattern

then I think "Woodland MARPAT" fits Sahrani the best.

I dont know if this is mentioned previously in the topic;

BDU isnt a camoflage pattern. Your thinking Woodland or 3 Color Deserrt. BDU Stands for Battle Dress Uniform.

ACU isnt a pattern either. ACU pattern is named UCP, for Universal Camo Pattern. ACU stands for Army Combat Uniform, describing the uniforms cut.

Quote[/b] ]the problem with some of you guys saying "DPM" or "AUSCAM" is that those cams are not worn by US forces, which the game is using as it's main unit.

Whats that got to do with aything?

The poll is about what camo you think would fit best. Weather or not the camo is warn by US or not is nohing to do with the question.

the problem with some of you guys saying "DPM" or "AUSCAM" is that those cams are not worn by US forces, which the game is using as it's main unit.

I believe the Poll offered a choice of "other", so I think that posting other countries camo is reasonable enough.

Mod teams will inevitably make other units besides US, there are other nations in the world....

Edit: What Messy said... biggrin_o.gif

there are other nations in the world....

ssssshhh.... don't tell the americans biggrin_o.gif

<span style='font-size:5pt;line-height:100%'>Since its likely someone on here will see that as a racist statement or some other wild accusation, I'll take this time to say that I mean nothing of the sort, and it is merely a jest at the situation british gamers find themselves in, constantly playing as the Americans in ever FPS.</span>

there are other nations in the world....

ssssshhh.... don't tell the americans  biggrin_o.gif

<span style='font-size:5pt;line-height:100%'>Since its likely someone on here will see that as a racist statement or some other wild accusation, I'll take this time to say that I mean nothing of the sort, and it is merely a jest at the situation british gamers find themselves in, constantly playing as the Americans in ever FPS.</span>

You could be sued for that y'know.

Please refrain from spammin this thread.

Thank you

JW

smile_o.gif

From whats availble ingame already, i'd say the MARPAT is the best alround camo for the island, though it is subject to change as other addons come out wink_o.gif

I think that taking into account my best guestimate of the economic level of activity across the whole of Sahrani and the dominant "greenery" of the landscape that simple Olive Drab would be the most logical choice. It's moderatly effective in the majority of environments. It's cheap, and it tends to take on the basic underlying tones of it's surrounding environment once it has been fielded for any length of time. The israeli version of Olive Drab, with it's more brownish hews would probably describe my more specific preference of "Olive Drab" for the island. So in a nutshell: Israeli Olive Drab.

2006-08-16T152830Z_01_NOOTR_RTRIDSP_2_OUKWD-UK-MIDEAST-LEBANON-UNIFIL.jpg

Jahve, don't try and be intelligent. Considering the only version of ACU issued to us is UCP, It would be right to say one could call the uniform in ArmA ACU's wink_o.gif  Anyways, I still vote for ACU's, why?  Because that's what I use, and who was issued the bigger rifle?...I rest my case.

234234.jpg

I think that taking into account my best  guestimate of the economic level of activity across the whole of Sahrani and the dominant "greenery" of the landscape that simple Olive Drab would be the most logical choice. [...]The israeli version of Olive Drab [...]

I concur, and given that some of the uniform items used by

the Argies in the Falklands war emanated from Israel, it's not

totally unlikely that an island in the S. Atlantic like Sahrani

might have them too.

Jahve, don't try and be intelligent.

lol owned. This made me laugh so hard. Thanks for this moment rofl.gif