Sign in to follow this  
j w

What camoflauge fits Sahrani best?

ACU

BDU

MARPAT

Click on the links to read more...

*We only got the Cobra, so why not marine pattern to? tounge2.gif

Anyways, please comment your answer, so addonmakers know why you think we should have a specific camo. And if I'm not mistaken, BDU comes in both woodland and desert (maybe winter-camo to? ), wich one of those would we have ->

Since ArmA has both northern europe-like terrain, woodland would come in pretty handy, but it's more 'deserty' on the southern part.

Please reflect

JW

smile_o.gif

Since the story takes place during a training exercise, and assuming it would be taking place, "today," the uniform should be a mix of BDU and ACU. DCUs were only issued for deployments to SE Asia and Africa. The BDU is still the authorized uniform until either March or May 07, I forget which. The ACUs are still only allowed by Cdr's authorization, and technically, if the Cdr says he doesn't want us wearing them right now then we can't. The ACU is not the "current," uniform until the wear out date in mid-07.

ACUs are not the right uniform for the SF classes; they may wear them in garrison but no team I know would wear them n the field and our TACSOP forbides them on deployment, but then again, we're not regular grunt army and the rules are a little different for our MACOM.

Im gonna go and say that tropentarn with flecktarn gear would go with sahranian terrain just my opinion though

well...

i would say that either of the scandinavian patterns (swedish, norwegian, danish or finnish) would fit best on northern Sahrani...

and on souther..... well, hard to say... but i would finally give my vote to desert Marpat or swedish desert splinter (m90 desert)

in urban aeras i have to go eith ACU....

it´s just "grey" enough to fit among concrete bulidings smile_o.gif

Woodland and non Desert Marpat.

The Desert Camo only fit`s to the Southern Part, and is totaly missplaced on the Northern Part of Sahrani.

speedos for the beach areas

tux for the retauraunts

something green for the forrest areas

something sandy for the desert

something dark at night

i would venture to say that all the uniforms, minus the dcu's, could be used. the marpat camo would need to be for a marine addon because US Army troops don't wear it.

the acu and bdu versions should have been available from the start. Clavicula is correct about SF teams not wearing acu's, but it is more of an option, not a rule. we wore what we wanted and usually it was the good ole dcu's in afghanistan, but some teams wore acu's on several occasions.

so, the acu, bdu, and marpat are the camo schemes that fit best with the islands because they are not in the middle east or desert enviroments. i hope to see some desert islands down the road though.

Hmm, I'm going to take a shot and go with ACU...hmm... perhaps because It's US Army Issue, if we were deployed to some bum-ass island such as that as an infantry company, we'd be wearing it. It's not a matter of what looks best, it's just the way it is in real life. SF more than likely would have ACUs in that situation, as it wasn't a combat zone, and more of an aid mission, however they would be wearing modified BDU's (woodland)

Either way, BIS pretty hit the nail on the head. It's nowhere near perfect, but it's far superior to any other game I've seen. Stick with ACU. If it's good enough for (arguable, for you whiners sake) the best Army on earth, I'm pretty sure it's good enough for ArmA

Hi, i've ovbiously voted for the Marpat, i was thinking in the woodland Marpat; it's colours and the luminosity of the colours fit better in most terrains, rural areas, woods, european (or spanish) woods, citys and villages; it also serves better than the woodland or even the 6 colours desert camo (aka choc-stick) so i vote for the Marpat. And forget that crap about the army; Marines is written with "M" of macho. That say it all. Let's C ya

P.S: Punk's Not Dead = Semper Fi.

Either way, BIS pretty hit the nail on the head. It's nowhere near perfect, but it's far superior to any other game I've seen.  Stick with ACU.  If it's good enough for (arguable, for you whiners sake) the best Army on earth, I'm pretty sure it's good enough for ArmA

the only problem is that it looks like crap because it is inaccurate (no arm pockets or velcro), so they pretty much missed the nail. banghead.gif

Either way, BIS pretty hit the nail on the head. It's nowhere near perfect, but it's far superior to any other game I've seen.  Stick with ACU.  If it's good enough for (arguable, for you whiners sake) the best Army on earth, I'm pretty sure it's good enough for ArmA

the only problem is that it looks like crap because it is inaccurate (no arm pockets or velcro), so they pretty much missed the nail. banghead.gif

Not to mention they look like crap because they're ACU...

well, i don't mind if they are acu's, but they have to be correct. it is really pissing me off to see so many games or "sims" that get our uniforms wrong time and time again.

there are way too many photos on the net and even the ofp and vbs1 community have already released acu addons that are more accurate than the crap BIS just pushed out.

like i said before, they could have posted on these very forums and made a thread for us US Army soldiers to post pics or give info to accurately portray our forces. i truly wonder who they sought consultation with on this subject.

I don't mind nthat they're ACU either, because that IS the future for the Regular Army. I agree that if you're going to do them, at least do them right. Also, the default patch almost looks like an Airforce style patch with the little scroll on the bottom and the tab that says random garbage, and it looks like they stole from the Texas National Guard patch.

it looks like they stole from the Texas National Guard patch.

Talking about the T and arrow head patch from the 36thID (my future home:D)?

Naw, I'm talking about 34th ID. They're either National Guard or Reserve, I guess I looked at it and figured that since it had a longhorn on it then it must be texas.

P_23680924_1725901.JPG

Naw, I'm talking about 34th ID. They're either National Guard or Reserve, I guess I looked at it and figured that since it had a longhorn on it then it must be texas.

[im]http://www.militaryclothing.com//ImgUpload/P_23680924_1725901.JPG[/img]

Yeah, I wouldn't have been surprised if it was Texas's NG at first site. I had posted in a few topics mentioning the simularites between the ArmA BLUFOR patch and Minnesota's NGs.

I say MARPAT too.

I think Hepcat should spent his MARPAT Guys a worn-out look and they'd be totally awesome. I think now they are looking too new wink_o.gif

acu -> ah! see you! wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Since the story takes place during a training exercise, and assuming it would be taking place, "today," the uniform should be a mix of BDU and ACU. DCUs were only issued for deployments to SE Asia and Africa. The BDU is still the authorized uniform until either March or May 07, I forget which. The ACUs are still only allowed by Cdr's authorization, and technically, if the Cdr says he doesn't want us wearing them right now then we can't. The ACU is not the "current," uniform until the wear out date in mid-07.

ACUs are not the right uniform for the SF classes; they may wear them in garrison but no team I know would wear them n the field and our TACSOP forbides them on deployment, but then again, we're not regular grunt army and the rules are a little different for our MACOM.

I Assume the Cdrs permission is only required in the US, dont you Have to wear ACUs in Iraq and Afghanistan? The Pics coming out of S Korea show a mix of both ACU and BDU

I Assume the Cdrs permission is only required in the US, dont you Have to wear ACUs in Iraq and Afghanistan?  The Pics coming out of S Korea show a mix of both ACU and BDU

Yes, it still requires commander's authorization because the ACU is *not* the current uniform until the wear-out date, but, at the same time if the unit is issued ACUs the commander can dictate that the uniform will be ACUs. AR 670-1 has guidelines and such, but most of it can be modified by the commander, whether that's company, battalion, brigade, division, corps, or army level.

ACUs in desert made me laugh, especially because the lame 101st and 4th ID guys thought they were soooo cool because they had the new uniform. After 3 months or so of heavy use (IE deployment) the uniform starts to rip almost immediatly in the crotch, elbows, and knees. The "ingenious," pen holder thing on the left arm will catch on everything and rip out. Stains also seem to be much more permanent than on the previous uniforms. The jacket is large, and so in effect, it makes those who wear it appear large I'm not sure if that was the intended effect or not.

If the colors were just a darker and maybe not so off white/greyish I think the pattern would be alot better. Obviously digital camo patterns work because the marines' MARPAT is great both in woodland and in desert, but the Army just got tired of issuing new uniforms to soldiers and thus..the ACU, the "universal" camoflauge uniform.

Good things about the uniform. No boot shining or uniform pressing, that's nice. Velcro patches are an okay idea..but then they messed it up with pin-on badges  crazy_o.gif  The pockets on the shoulders is a good idea and the slanted chest pockets aren't a bad idea either. The uniform also fits comfortably, but I just believe that bad outweigh the good.

Also, the new "Dress Blue," Class A uniform..ugh..from Army Green to Air Force Blue and they take away our beret, our jump boots, and the trim behind our wings, oh and unit insignia.  crazy_o.gif

*edit*

I will not be wearing ACUs on my next deployment, neither will anyone else on my team, but we fall under different rules than the rest of the Army.

I voted other, I was looking at it from the Sahrani forces viewpoint. With so many different climates (Desert, Dense Forest, Grass land, Urban) I think the best pattern would be a plain pattern like OD green or more like the color used by the IDF (Israeli Defense Forces), even though it's a single color it seems to work well for the varying climates they are in as well as urban situations.

I know most people will disagree.