Sign in to follow this  
XJ220

Sprocket Troubleshooting thread.

Yeah, you can't sign up at the moment because of the Country problem.

They've been emailed about it.

I downloaded sprocket to my desktop, started the download of ArmaEng then left for work.....14hours later and i couldn't find were

ArmaEng was downloaded to....finally found it in program files/firefox folder .....it installed alright but there are no SP missions in the missions folder......do i just reinstall or will that use another activation.

ok I reinstalled and it didn't need to be activated again, what happened was I've been collecting missions and put them in a missions folder where i was going to collect all my ArmA stuff. I also moved ArmAENG to there. When I installed ArmAENG,it installed the missions I've download from the community instead of the SP missions in the the ArmAENG.exe......btw the game is great, and I don't feel so bad about buying the Trackir now.....much better than the demo notworthy.gif

Hello, I originally downloaded ArmA from Sprocket in roughly December. I have been playing quite happily until today, when I uninstalled all of ArmA including all the registry entries in order to install the latest 1.05 Patch.

However, when I went to reinstall the game itself I was presented with this error message, as soon as I click ok the game does not install at all.

Now, I have uninstalled the game before and had none of these problems before, but I did not edit the registry entries it left behind.

From a free translator I gathered that the error messages says something along the lines of ...

"Error repeating files (disagrees with CRC)" As you can see on the screenshot. Anyone able to help me with this problem? smile_o.gif

I downloaded 1.05 3 times and got that crc error each time. Now the download manager wont let me download it anymore..lol. Cant seem to get any support(hopefully just because its the weekend).

Its a strange system. Another downloaded game I have(Rfactor) can be downloaded however many times you want, without the use of a download manager, and kinda funny but, its worked every time for me.

I guess I can understand the reasoning for this system(trying to avoid piracy), but its a shame that people that pay for the software end up feeling pirated.

well its snunday now and I stillhavent received any support emails and Im afrian after reading all these other issues that I wont be able ot install tha game after waiting 2 days for a key code...What a FUBAR this is.

If you did not get you cd-key this will help big time they will get you your cd key within 30min it is the Softwrap support.

USA Toll Free Number

USA - 1-866-205-6310

UK and all other Countries

+44 207 089 4114 (Charged at Normal Rate)

Our Support Office is open Mondays to Fridays from 9am to 3am GMT (1am - 7pm PST)

I just downloaded it and i didnt even get an email saying anything

Did you provide the correct email address? Did you check your spam folder.

Just a suggestion

yes I did help.gif

pistols.gif Man i dont get why this is such a big friggin problem sending a email with my cd key in it banghead.gifbanghead.gif

TOPIC: The "NEXT" Button DOES NOTHING! on the softwrap activation screen...

I just downloaded ArmA 1.05 English and have installed it and done everything perfectly. When I click the "Arma.exe" icon, it takes me to the softwrap activation screen. I put my code and name in and hit "NEXT". Hitting the button does NOTHING. I get no script errors or anything and have disabled my virus protection and lowered all internet explorer 7 security.... THE NEXT BUTTON DOES NOTHING!! I can click it a billion times, what's up with the freaking button? Sorry for the aggravation... tounge2.gif but seriously... pistols.gif

My setup is Windows XP SP2 with all the latest updates...

Intel Pentium D 950

Ati Radeon X1800XT

2 GB DDR800 RAM

ASUS P5W DH Deluxe Motherboard

I also bought the English v1.05 from sprocket last friday. Till at this moment no confirmation mail containing a cd-key.

I mailed sprocket / idea-games and softwrap about this, but till this moment NOTHING!!!

The mailadres I provided during purchase was the correct one, so that cannot be the issue. Maybe they have a mailgate problem. I will wait one more day and than have to think what my next step will be.....

Note that we handled pretty much all sprocket requests that we

received over the weekend directly at support@bistudio.com as Sprocket/Softwrap support is not operating during weekends.

I am awaiting an information from Sprocket/Softwrap now about possible source of the problems and number of people hit by it. I will post here any new info as soon as I hear back from them.

received over the weekend directly at support@bistudio.com as Sprocket/Softwrap support is not operating during weekends.

I am awaiting an information from Sprocket/Softwrap now about possible source of the problems and number of people hit by it. I will post here any new info as soon as I hear back from them.

Considering this has happened to load's of ppl before, due to buggy sprocket/morphicon activation, Don't u think It should be about time to change to something better or REMOVE the unfair activation process alltogether.

At this point Im really paranoid about doing another reinstall, as I dont know when i'll get new activation from sprocket.

mad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gif

Now my game is acting up. It is really slow in the menus. No MP servers can be found at all and the game process is now named arma.locked. What is this?huh.gif

Bought my copy a few days ago through sprocket.

Please HELP!!!!

It mentions in the e-mail that you should "Activate" the software when propted but I never got any Activation prompt during install or in game. What do I do!!!huh.gifbanghead.gifhelp.gifsad_o.gif

I finally receive a mail with the CD-key. rofl.gif

They were sorry about their problems with the sprocket service.

I hope the rest of you guys will also be helped quickly (for me it took 3 days) and start to enjoy this great game.

Peace!

To further clarify my problem I have taken this screenshot...

buttondontwork.jpg

I think the problem is a javascript error or something, how can I fix this? help.gif

try using the re-install liscense and use your email as your licsnese holder ...I was gettinghte smae issue as you and did that and it worked.

Well on the 1.05 EN I *did* get an email with a key, right away.

But...

Four HTTP download attemps failed near the 2 gb mark.

Currently sprocket is only at 12 Kb/s and has 55 hours to go.

Dear Sprocket: more throughput capacity would be great.

Hi.

I mailed both sprocket and support@bistudio.com over the weekend and recieved no reply about my problem.

I did recieve my purchase confirmation and cd key right after purchase, but the game wouldnt install. Crc errors. I need to redownload but cant..

inlove.gif Zisme,I could kiss you.

That's it,don't activate new lic. like you'd

think but hit the reinstall lic just like you said.

All is right with the world now.

Thank you my friend

..Wiley P...

Thanks Wiley..just trying to help others that went or going through what I had ot to get this game installed and working...OH and I tried emailing all the supports but never received one email back until I calle dthe support number listed in this post an then within an hour I received my CDkey code and activation code....just really made me chuckle when I entered it as new and hit next and nothing happen....LOL..kinda like email support. My real question is who said lets roll out the download version on a Friday using a glitchy delivery system knowing that customer support didn't work on the weekends.

Now my game is acting up. It is really slow in the menus. No MP servers can be found at all and the game process is now named arma.locked. What is this?huh.gif

Bought my copy a few days ago through sprocket.

Please HELP!!!!

It mentions in the e-mail that you should "Activate" the software when propted but I never got any Activation prompt during install or in game. What do I do!!!huh.gif  banghead.gif  help.gif  sad_o.gif

Just wanted to say this was apparently not a softwrap issue.

I called the phonenumber someone posted and came to softwrap support. He told me everything looked fine in their systems with my license and told me to call Idea Games for support on the game itself.

I didn't quite believe him as it FELT like an activation problem lol. Anyway. 3 hours later I could play again. I guess the GameSpy Server or something had problems last night?

Did anyone else have problems to play MP last night?

has anyone had the error "bad MD5 checksum restarting download" when downloading from sprocket??

To summarize current status:

- sprocket server should be sending out registration email with CD key but for some reason around 10% of customers don't receive it (one theory is that the antispam on the customers end prevents the email from arriving) if it doesn't please contact support@idea-games.com. An additional mechanism for obtaining the serial number and registration information is being implemented by Softwrap/Sprocket and hopefully will be up soon.

- no activation should be used by the patch 1.05 anymore. Note that there are 3 activations allowed for every purchase by default. If you run out if it for any legitimate reason please contact support@idea-games.com.

Primary support contact for sprocket is support@idea-games.com. It's operating on working days Mon-Fri and the response time should be maximum 24 hours.