Sign in to follow this  
XJ220

Sprocket Troubleshooting thread.

Please can you try this...

and let me know if the crash still persist?

If it doesn't, we have a solution, if it does, we need to look further.

Thank you Maruk. I have posted this to the tacticalgamer community so we can begin testing it!

One question tho, does this new EXE-file require/trigger a new authorization request from Sprocket?

I don't think so but I didn't try.

Tested it online for about 2 hrs.

I have good news and bad news.

Good news - not one crash online. Played in 3 different servers.

Bad news - new .exe gave me a bad framerate hit. Dropped around 10fps or more. Even worse around bushes, almost like pre 1.02 days.

I will keep testing.

One question tho, does this new EXE-file require/trigger a new authorization request from Sprocket?

Yes it does. It sent me a new request code. Had no problems though

I clicked the download, unzipped to desktop I have the exe and two files I'm unsure what to do with they are. -

ArmA.locked  and  ArmA.sw2.

Can anyone please tell me where to place the 2 other files besides the exe. I tried to run the exe but got a missing file error.

Edit: Got it working I've just finished playing for exactly 55 minutes for the first time without a CTD. Thank you Sprocket and BIS. Heres some of my observations.-

Obviously as stated no CTD's, before I would crash anywhere from 5 minutes to 15 minutes.

No impact on my Frames Per Second at all. Everything ran smoothly for me.

I did experiance a rubberbanding effect when moving in vechiles but this could be soley due to lag. Being east coast in the US most populated servers this time of day are Euro. I only mention it because I"ve played low ping matches with an overseas server and this is the first time I've seen rubberbanding. It does not occur on foot and seems to be about 1 meter forward and back. Its possible this is nothing more then lag but I wanted to mention it in case anyone noticed a sudden increase in this as well.

Thanks for the fix!

notworthy.gif

I'm still getting an "inconsistent files" error message.

I put the 2 files in the right place and reactivated the game...so not sure what went wrong.

Doh! I do have the language patch. Do I need to remove that first?

Open your arma folder, overwrite the Arma.sw2 file with the new one. Put the arma.locked file in the arma folder. Make sure you remove or overwrite the actaul exe inside the folder. If the old exe is still there it will not work.

You don't need to touch your launguage conversion.

Bad news for me:

My frame-rate dropped in half and even with moving my settings from very high to low, the game was nearly unplayable in SP.

MP was worse, CTD with a windows error dialog every time after clicking join on a server.

So far so good! I just finished up about 3 hours of non-stop multiplayer with no CTDs (I would typically have expected ~2-4 per hour of CTDs w/ my Sprocket/Softwrap download). I didn't notice any new performance (e.g., fps) issues, but then again, I haven't been documenting fps.

Thank you BIS for addressing this!

(eeeeyoooo Scatter... -PD)

OK did about 3 hours of multiplayer tonight. Rock solid as far as no crashes online goes.

Having performance issues though with the new .exe :

-Textures on objects load slow

-Framerates much lower than before even offline. I got 70-75 fps in the editor in the town of Bangango, now I get around 50. Online it is even worse - dips in the sub 30s

-Controls don't feel responsive as they did before.

If you can get the performance back I will be a happy camper.

Right now I have mixed feelings. Kinda like my ex-wife driving off a cliff in my new car. wink_o.gif

Having performance issues though with the new .exe :

If you can get the performance back I will be a happy camper.

Good to hear the crashes seems to be fixed.

1.05 exe is coming soon.

As to the performance I am not sure if this 1.02 could suffer from some performance problems but I can well imagine it. Anyway, now we need to know only if it still suffers from the sprocket specific crashes in mp or not.

Just wondering if your gonna make a Patch for 1.05 czech sprocket, AND I think this is something that you be posted on the main website cause not everyone comes into the ArmA forums and into this Topic. ^_^

Been away all the weekend and haven't had a chance to try out the new EXE-file but I'm happy to hear that the CTD's seems to be gone for most of you that have tested it.

Looking forward to 1.05!

/KC

I need some help guys I tryed to email them with my prob but they never got back. So I got to make a new account and I fill everything out the way they ask, and when I go to hit the submite button the same error comes up everytime "You must select a country from the Countries pull down menu." Can someone help me I want to get this game but I cant even make an account, I have no spyware on and this pc is DMZ on my router.

Yes it does. It sent me a new request code. Had no problems though

Yeah, Ive used up all my activations trying to reinstall the game for better preformance/ prevention of MP crashes...Sprocket, idea, or softwrap wont return multiple emails explaining why i need new activation and downloads....

You know im sick of it...i really am... 100 dollars down the pot for two Single Player version games... I guess really pissed because I am not playing this great game....

And now with the patch comming and i cant play it.... i mean please sprocket you can do better than this... what do you only read your email once a year?!

Im not used to complaining, and there was once where sprocket was very helpfull. But I guess that was just a rare event.

Any ways i cant play LAN with another buddy before I can get a new 100 dollars back.... Maybe i shouldn't of waited and had false hope for Sprocket. Ah oh well....

Thanks for reading i guess....

I used 2 installs on the same pc, the 2nd was due to the english patch update. Softwrap email replies with their way of installing to a 2nd pc, which does not work!! So I'm stuck with playing on an older pc. This new pc will have to wait for a hardcopy. I'm sure not going to give Sprocket any more money for something they claim works, but doesn't!

Oh, and they've yet to reply (3 weeks) to my issue, other than re-sending my registration and instructions for re-installs and new installs.

How can those of us who now have the new exe. that was posted earlier in the thread expect the 1.05 patch to install?

Will we have to reinstall the whole game?

Yeah, Ive used up all my activations trying to reinstall the game for better preformance/ prevention of MP crashes...Sprocket, idea, or softwrap wont return multiple emails explaining why i need new activation and downloads....

That was the main reason I passed the test EXE released a few days ago since a few of my co-op friends had trouble with activation before.

With the 1.05 patch just minutes away I really hope Sprocket/Softwrap have their act together and start giving proper e-mail support if need be! Otherwise I forsee lots of unhappy Sprocket customers and unfurtunately it will backlash on BIS....

@adv: Hopefully you backed up the files before replacing them? If not you may be in for a reinstall.

/KC

Do I have to email softwrap to get the CD- Key? Please let me know I am downloading the game and I would like the have the key when ready to install.

The serial number is in the mail that you should have gotten automatically soon after ordering Arma...

I purchased it through Sprocket aswell, There was no CD-KEY or mention of it in the email.

Only a License holder ID, Purchase Reference number, and Download link.

I emailed Sprocket support about 2 1/2 hours ago but no reply yet.

Tried both the Sprocket.exe and http download.

Ok the CD- Key prob I think I have got it fixed, If you like in the US go to softwrap.com and look for the phone number, I dont know if I can post phone numb er here if you would like the phone number just pm me. I called up and I got a guy on the line told him my Purchase Reference# and the guy said they have been having this probs and he will send a email to my adess within 30min with a cd-key. They were very nice about it. You should try it if you have this prob, GOOD LUCK

THIS HAS WORKED THEY HAVE SENT ME A EMAIL WITH A CD- KEY PEOPLE THAT HAVE NOT GOT A CD-KEY TRY THIS AND THEY WILL HELP YOU.