Sign in to follow this  
XJ220

Sprocket Troubleshooting thread.

Hi,

I have (or perhaps "had") the same issues with my Sprocket download.

But I may have a solution. Try going to control panel-system-advanced-error reporting-choose programs and then add the ARMA.exe to the "do not report errors" list. Do the same in the system-performance-data execution prevention and add the arm exe as an exception.

May be (quite possibly) it is just me but I have just played on line for over 2 hours with no CTD and previously I would CTD every few minutes.

Please can you let me know if it helps as it seems to for me.

Lawyer

Quote[/b] ] Hi,

I have (or perhaps "had") the same issues with my Sprocket download.

But I may have a solution. Try going to control panel-system-advanced-error reporting-choose programs and then add the ARMA.exe to the "do not report errors" list.

May be (quite possibly) it is just me but I have just played on line for over 2 hours with no CTD and previously I would CTD every few minutes.

Please can you let me know if it helps as it seems to for me.

Lawyer

I will try that, hope it works!

For me (and many others) it's not blind faith... BIS respectfully earned their marks in my book during the past 5+ years they stood behind and supported their previous product.

Sniper Pilot's findings are indeed interesting but there is no solid proof that this is a "Sprocket issue only" it's just wild guesses and a theory that some of us forum users would like to belive but we could all be wrong, and we probably are wink_o.gif

/KC

right, im just stating its probobly sprocket, hence none of the other copies, hard or not from the other publishers, are turning up the same problem the people here are reporting.

Yes im no expert, im in no way trying to bash these people, its just that I personnaly have found a trend and wanted to share it with you guys... Actually i hope its somthing that has to do with BIS because we know how reliable they are  wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]My god are you serious! Are you all sheep! Thats a BS cop-out!

IDEA Games response is "blame the other guy."

BIS won't even respond.

And you find comfort in this?!

If it is a IDEA/Sprocket issue then it is their responsibility to address it.

You do realize BIS is one of the main founders of IDEA.

Regardless of who's fault it is, it doesn't matter. What matters is that this game needs fixing, staying quiet while blaming other people won't fix anything.

Even if is a Publisher issues, its BIS who made the deal with the publisher. Its BIS's responsability to find a good publisher. After all, its their product that will suffer.

For me (and many others) it's not blind faith... BIS respectfully earned their marks in my book during the past 5+ years they stood behind and supported their previous product.

Sniper Pilot's findings are indeed interesting but there is no solid proof that this is a "Sprocket issue only" it's just wild guesses and a theory that some of us forum users would like to belive but we could all be wrong, and we probably are wink_o.gif

/KC

I am almost 100% positive that this is and has to do with the downloaded version of ArmA sprocket czech. All my friends that got it, have the same CTD problem in MP, as with people complaining here also. When I ask people in game that have a hardcopy, they say they've never had a single CTD yet. I'm gonna be really disapointed if this problem isn't fixed in the next patch, this kinda problem should be at the top of their list and fixed ASAP.

I did what KeyCat did and sent those files to support@bistudio.com

and I hope many others with the same CTD problem do it also so they can finally fix this problem or atleast get the word out confused_o.gif

Have you tried the possible "fix" I posted above? I have now had about 4 hours on line play and no CTD (before it would be a very frequent CTD). Perhaps this is just a coincidence and I will be back to the CTD soon!

Lawyer

Have you tried the possible "fix" I posted above? I have now had about 4 hours on line play and no CTD (before it would be a very frequent CTD). Perhaps this is just a coincidence and I will be back to the CTD soon!

Lawyer

I tried your trick. I first played for about 5min, but then i had to go but i didn't CTD. Just played now for less then 10min and I CTD so I don't think it helped, its pretty much Random luck I guess.

That is really odd as I have now played for many hours on many different servers and maps and have not had any more CTDs.

Lawyer

Glad it worked for you lawyer237.

I just checked and I've had the error reporting disabled in XP all the time.

/KC

Well I actually got another response from the folks at IDEA/Sprocket. I was pretty floored by the reponse but it is what I have been asking for.

In a very round about way he stated they (BIS) are aware of the issues and is trying to fix them and that he "hopes" it will be addressed in the upcoming patch and improve these issues.

I have still have not gotten a response from support@bistudio.com, but considering thats probably the guy at the next desk over, I guess it would be redundant.

I asked for a response and a statement acknowledging the issue so I guess I should feel satisfied.....

I am getting these same problems and bought arma via sprocket. Crashing to the desktop alot.

Latly tho its crashing more and more.

System Specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Processor

OCZ 2GB DDR2 800 Memory

ATI Radeon 1950XTX Video Card

Anyone ever find out more information? The game is not even playable online now as it is. Crashes all the time but only in multiplayer?

Hope they address this quickly. Feeling like I have been ripped other. Do others that haven't bought it via sprocket have these problems of it crashing all the time in multiplayer?

good news, bad news.

After crashing got so bad this weekend that I was unable to play for more than 2 mins (or crashed when connecting to a server) I got desperate and tried something.

Good news is that it worked and I played for 2 hours with no crash.

Bad news is that it is not a fix that can be done regularly.

I don't want people to try it unless they want to see themselves if the Sprocket version has issues, but heres the deal.  The problem seems to be Softwrap, the verification and protection software.

When I...did something I'm probably not supposed to...the game ran for longer than I have ever been able to in MP with no crash. (Approx. 2 hours before I restarted and learned this cannot be done regularly)

Not only that, but it ran BETTER!

BIS please fix the Sprocket version-Softwrap issues ASAP!

Edit: I did not include exactly what I did because I don't want people screwing up their game.  But if you want specifics on what I did and what the consequences are, PM me.

Yet another interesting find! PM Sent....

/KC

I also am having issues with Sprocket.  I purchased the Czech version of the game and downloaded the executable but when it runs it goes into an endless loop of connecting to a server and then failing and then trying again.  I let it do this overnight without any results.  Yes I have my firewall off as well as all other relevant software.  I checked the sprocket.log and get these blocks of entries repeating.:

16:35:12.0046 - 220 FTP server ready.

16:35:12.0062 - USER anonymous

16:35:12.0327 - 230-user - anonymous

230 Anonymous user logged in

16:35:12.0327 - PUID >     removed  by me    <

16:35:12.0624 - 200-puid - >     removed  by me    <

200 UID OK

16:35:12.0624 - PASV

16:35:14.0640 - Receive error 0x00002746 in file .\FTPClient.cpp on line 1163

Seems there must be some sort of code error on the final line.  The sprocket.exe does connect to the mirror server but then fails somehow and starts over. I sent all this to their support email but have received no reply.  Perhaps my sprocket.exe is bad and another would work.  How long should I wait before having my CC company cancel this charge?

I also am having issues with Sprocket. I purchased the Czech version of the game and downloaded the executable but when it runs it goes into an endless loop of connecting to a server and then failing and then trying again. I let it do this overnight without any results. Yes I have my firewall off as well as all other relevant software. I checked the sprocket.log and get these blocks of entries repeating.:

16:35:12.0046 - 220 FTP server ready.

16:35:12.0062 - USER anonymous

16:35:12.0327 - 230-user - anonymous

230 Anonymous user logged in

16:35:12.0327 - PUID > removed by me <

16:35:12.0624 - 200-puid - > removed by me <

200 UID OK

16:35:12.0624 - PASV

16:35:14.0640 - Receive error 0x00002746 in file .\FTPClient.cpp on line 1163

Seems there must be some sort of code error on the final line. The sprocket.exe does connect to the mirror server but then fails somehow and starts over. I sent all this to their support email but have received no reply. Perhaps my sprocket.exe is bad and another would work. How long should I wait before having my CC company cancel this charge?

i know, i had the same thing happen to me. I tried just the next day and it just worked all of a sudden so just try during the day cause mine wouldn't work at night.

Well at least you got it to work. Well done. I usually try between 5pm and 12am with no luck. I'll try it through Saturday as well. Did you change anything on your pc between the time it did not work and then did or was the difference in time the only factor?

Well I have recently received an email from Sprocket and they have given me a direct link to download the Arma file.  I have also been asked to keep this link to myself, of course.  So later I shall give it a go. *fingers crossed*:

"Many thanks for purchasing ArmA: Armed Assault from us.

The problem you describe affects a small number of our customers and we

are as yet unable to determine its cause. It is probably somehow

related to your network configuration but the precise details are as

yet unknown. However, I have made available -- as a temporary measure -

- the installation file to you on our ftp server you can access

anonymously:

>> url given by Sprocket <<

(Please, refrain from posting this URL on the Internet or sending it to

other people. If you hear of somebody having similar problems, please

forward him or her to our customer support. Thank you.)

I am sorry for the inconvenience and may you enjoy your Armed Assault.

Yours,

Martin

Sprocket Customer Support"

Good job Sprocket. Appreciate it.

Well I have recently received an email from Sprocket and they have given me a direct link to download the Arma file. I have also been asked to keep this link to myself, of course. So later I shall give it a go. *fingers crossed*:

"Many thanks for purchasing ArmA: Armed Assault from us.

The problem you describe affects a small number of our customers and we

are as yet unable to determine its cause. It is probably somehow

related to your network configuration but the precise details are as

yet unknown. However, I have made available -- as a temporary measure -

- the installation file to you on our ftp server you can access

anonymously:

>> url given by Sprocket <<

(Please, refrain from posting this URL on the Internet or sending it to

other people. If you hear of somebody having similar problems, please

forward him or her to our customer support. Thank you.)

I am sorry for the inconvenience and may you enjoy your Armed Assault.

Yours,

Martin

Sprocket Customer Support"

Good job Sprocket. Appreciate it.

ok i see that they told you to forward him or her to our customer support, which is bs.... I have contacted them so many times that i think that they have forgot about us... well except you. If they could just give us what we paid for or next time put in Single Player ONLY!! at the top in bold letters, it would of been all good and dandy...

This issue has dropped my ARMA hype level from max to almost nothing... a network problem? I dont see it being a problem with my network for reasons i have expressed before.

Sprocket please help me and many others....

Well I think the root of that "single-player" issue is the english patch.  It makes the game look modified and the copy protection on the servers then disallows the connection.  Just a guess but I will try it first without the patch and then with it to see if it makes a difference.  Would be nice to install it in two locations, one with the patch and one without, and see if the non-patched version has any issues and maybe use it for online.

Well I think the root of that "single-player" issue is the english patch.  It makes the game look modified and the copy protection on the servers then disallows the connection.  Just a guess but I will try it first without the patch and then with it to see if it makes a difference.

I can say for sure that the english language patch is not the cause to the CTD problems in MP, at least not for me...

As stated in this thread I can play ArmA 1.02 Cz Sprocket version (with the english language patch) for hours on end without a single CTD on one specific server!

Whats different on that specific server from other servers is that they don't use JIP nor respawn in any of their missions so my guess is that the CTD problem is somehow related to the JIP code/handling and/or mission design.

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Yeah it's forsure not the english patch cause people with a hardcopy [as in they went to the store or shipped to them online] that have it and installed the english patch, do not CTD during multiplalyer.

BTW: People that are having problems downloading the sprocket version, i bet you'll be posting here again sooner then you think hehehehe :P

Oh I was not thinking the patch caused the CTD.  I was thinking it caused not being able to log into alot of mp servers.  I get allot of 'kicked from server' or 'connection failed' and assume allot of it may be due to my english patch and the validity checking on the server.

good news, bad news.

After crashing got so bad this weekend that I was unable to play for more than 2 mins (or crashed when connecting to a server) I got desperate and tried something.

Good news is that it worked and I played for 2 hours with no crash.

Bad news is that it is not a fix that can be done regularly.

I don't want people to try it unless they want to see themselves if the Sprocket version has issues, but heres the deal.  The problem seems to be Softwrap, the verification and protection software.

When I...did something I'm probably not supposed to...the game ran for longer than I have ever been able to in MP with no crash. (Approx. 2 hours before I restarted and learned this cannot be done regularly)

Not only that, but it ran BETTER!

BIS please fix the Sprocket version-Softwrap issues ASAP!

Edit: I did not include exactly what I did because I don't want people screwing up their game.  But if you want specifics on what I did and what the consequences are, PM me.

Many of you asked what I did, but may have missed that it cannot be used as a "fix."  It worked for me, but in the process invalidated my registration through Softwrap.  

BIS asked me to send them my crash files, even though they said that Softwrap was not the cause of crashes.

Even more interesting was the response from support@idea-games.com.  Their reply about Softwrap was:

"Many thanks for your comments. We are _really_ investigating this issue and trying to find a way to fix it. I will keep you posted about new developments."

So either they really are aware of the CTD issue, or they were simply blowing smoke up my ass. As to what is causing it, I really don't care as long as they fix it. I really think that the idea that JIP and Respawn causing much of the CTD issue has merrit as well.

So again I wait patiently for yet another patch.  I have all but given up trying to play MP.  I will patch this Sprocket Cz download version to 1.04 when it is out, and if the problem is not fixed, I will be done.  I will simply choose NOT to buy the English CD version and will move on.   confused_o.gif

I just play the Demo until the patch is out. I'd rather play the demo maps on multiplayer then play others in the full version that make me crash in few min or an hour, all about luck but its a tease escpailly when your having alot of fun =/