Sign in to follow this  
XJ220

Sprocket Troubleshooting thread.

Update on my Story. The guys provided me with a new sprocket.exe file which seems much improved on the previous one. It downloaded with stalling(unlike the previous did 20 times) and the resulting file installed without a hitch. ARMA is awesome!!

Ok ive narrowed the Multiplayer crashing to the Sprocket's Version... Ive tried it on 4 computers with a copy of Sprockets' and a CZ hardcopy version.

A)It always crashes with the Sprocket one and never with the Hardcopy.

B)Reinstalling with the newest EXE from Sprocket does nothing to help out the crashing.

My theory is that the error probobly has to do with the Protection system, either the Starforce that DOES come with the downloaded version interferes with the game and crashes it or that the Softwrap protection is bugged.

I hope that we are not frogotten fellow Sprocket downloaders!

I hope that we are quickly helped with this very very serious bug!

Ok ive narrowed the Multiplayer crashing to the Sprocket's Version... Ive tried it on 4 computers with a copy of Sprockets' and a CZ hardcopy version.

B)Reinstalling with the newest EXE from Sprocket does nothing to help out the crashing.

My theory is that the error probobly has to do with the Protection system, either the Starforce that DOES come with the downloaded version interferes with the game and crashes it or that the Softwrap protection is bugged.

Well thankz for looking into it and giving us an idea. I hope you can report this to them ASAP so it gets fixed in the next patch, i mean Common they support sprocket with the link at the bottom of their site, its not fair that ppl with a hardcopy get to play crash free while ppl with the sprocket can't play for that long [in MP]

I have discovered the exact same thing. 3 computers... same results. Sprocket version crashes on each one of them while in MP. Its very disheartning. confused_o.gif

since when did the my sproket version come with starforce?

dear brk_bigboss,

This is old news that SF comes with Sprocket. SF is inactive it seems durring normal play (That is, unless its the one crashing the MP games)

You can test and see that SF is here for yourself by:

1- Download the patch 1.01 (yes i know sprocket comes with it already patched)

2- install it

3- Play it and you will see that starforce pops up.

Anyways Please BIS, Sprocket, or Softwrap help us fixing this problem that way we can all go home and finaly play this awsome game to its full extent!

This is indeed very interesting!

I can confirm that me myself as well as at least 5 other co-op friends (not active in this forum) all with the Cz Sprocket version patched to 1.02 are plagued with numerous CTD's in MP (both as host and as clients)! Last days/week we tried almost everything in the book to improve the stability but with very little progress.

If this is the case I would greatly appreciate any "official comments" regarding this issue...

/KC

dear brk_bigboss,

This is old news that SF comes with Sprocket. SF is inactive it seems durring normal play (That is, unless its the one crashing the MP games)

2- install it

Anyways Please BIS, Sprocket, or Softwrap help us fixing this problem that way we can all go home and finaly play this awsome game to its full extent!

"old news" that the download has sf? where is it "old news"? i have the dl version and have run the sf unloader several times and nothing pops up.

perhaps it's the 1.01 patch that has the sf, not the dl version.

Hints=

I have Sprockets CZ version 1.01.

My ctd's come after several video setting changes in sequence!

Once, seconds after minimizing and bringing game back up, but I believe running lower res (desktop 1280x1024.. game 800x600) caused that 1.

I have played for well over 7 hrs many times, no ctd's, just good gaming, now that I have permanent game settings on a low end pc.

Specs, AMD64 +3000 (2000mhz)

1.5gig DDR 3500

Asylum FX-5900

Onboard Sound

XP-SP2

I have Sprockets CZ version 1.01.

Just wondering why you aren't using the latest 1.02?

/KC

If anyone is having problems activating their sprocket version I just found a fix for the problem I was having. I installed the game on my main PC for the first time and I couldn't get it to activate. It just gave me the

"Activation Code not recognized. Please check that you have entered the details correctly."

message. I emailed sprocket and waited, they then said they had fixed ther problem and I should try again, Still same problem. While I was waiting for there reply I thought what the hell and ran the 1.02 patch. So it was in stalled, just not activated. then I went back to the activation and worked first time. I know it doesn't sound like a systematic way of installing, and that's why it took me a while to even think about doing it.

Regarding the other problems, I've mainly played MP and never had the problems described. Starforce is a bitch though, One of my fav games was Lockon and flamming cliffs the add-on used starforce and it made a game I previously played for hours a day become totally useless. hopefully they have figured all there problems out.

hi friend of mine is having probs!

quote from reciept email! (confirmation of purchase from my-sprocket)

"It is advised that you retain a copy of the ArmA installation file on a backup CD as you may need to re-install it again at later stage. "

can someone explain "ArmA installation file"

is that the setup.exe from my-sprocket or Arma once it is in installed???

many thanks!

dear brk_bigboss,

2- install it

hmmm this is news to me, i was told by plenty that starforce does not come with sprocket, hence the reason for soft wrap. hmmm ill have to check that.

yup btw, im also having crashing probs in MP. It crashes usulaly after i join server and choose a side then boom .... so , i thnk ill email bohem as well as softwrap/mysproc and let know the case although im sure sum of u alrdy have

yup btw, im also having crashing probs in MP. It crashes usulaly after i join server and choose a side then boom .... so , i thnk ill email bohem as well as softwrap/mysproc and let know the case although im sure sum of u alrdy have

plz do lol the more ppl complain, hopefully the faster they'll fix it cause right now, sprocket version is pretty much single player, with a multiplayer tease.

well said, I have already emailed them, and awaiting reply, if every one could do the same it would show the severity of the problem!

Yesterday I sent a bug report with all crash files and computer specifications.

For information on what and where thoose files are located on your machine look here. I hope everyone that experience problems report them to BIS so they gets enough data/facts to correct the problems.

Hoping for a rapid solution since I've given up on multiplayer at the moment!

/KC

So far this is the only reply I have recieved from IDEA Games/Sprocket:

Reply-To : support@idea-games.com

Sent : Tuesday, January 2, 2007

To : _] FW: Armed Assault

I am sorry but we are not able to respond to all questions asked in official forums. Instead of that all people in BIS working on fixing bugs and preparing other projects.

If you have any problem with the game, feel free to contact us on arma@bistudio.com. It is an email support for czech version of ArmA: Armed Assault.

With the best regards Robert Stipek

Further emails have been ignored.  The same email that generated this response was sent to arma@bistudio.  BIS has yet to responded to ANY I have sent. confused_o.gif

At least we know they are busy working on bugs etc. I rather have them do that than hanging around typing e-mails. Guess we all just need to have patience and give them a chance to work tounge2.gif

/KC

At least we know they are busy working on bugs etc. I rather have them do that than hanging around typing e-mails. Guess we all just need to have patience and give them a chance to work tounge2.gif

/KC

My god are you serious! Are you all sheep! Thats a BS cop-out!

IDEA Games response is "blame the other guy."

BIS won't even respond.

And you find comfort in this?!

If it is a IDEA/Sprocket issue then it is their responsibility to address it.

My god are you serious!  Are you all sheep!

No, I'm a cat! tounge2.gif

Seriously, I can't tell who's responsible for what but I'm pretty sure they are doing their best to adress all various issues poping up after this initial releases.

All I'm saying are that we need to give them a break so they can collect data/facts to replicate and then fix things instead of whining like kids, things doesn't happen over night in a complex world. Yes, it can be frustrating also for me but as long I know BIS is working on things I'm OK with it.

/KC

My god are you serious!  Are you all sheep!

No, I'm a cat! tounge2.gif

Seriously, I can't tell who's responsible for what but I'm pretty sure they are doing their best to adress all various issues poping up after this initial releases.

All I'm saying are that we need to give them a break so they can collect data/facts to replicate and then fix things instead of whining like kids, things doesn't happen over night in a complex world. Yes, it can be frustrating also for me but as long I know BIS is working on things I'm OK with it.

/KC

Blind faith eh?  Hope so.

Asking for help with a problem that seems to be due to the distributor, and being told..."not my problem, but BIS is working on it"...makes you think they are doing their best?

So basiclly says BIS its a ditributor issue, and to the distributor says its BIS's problem...bend over and feel the love.

For me (and many others) it's not blind faith... BIS respectfully earned their marks in my book during the past 5+ years they stood behind and supported their previous product.

Sniper Pilot's findings are indeed interesting but there is no solid proof that this is a "Sprocket issue only" it's just wild guesses and a theory that some of us forum users would like to belive but we could all be wrong, and we probably are wink_o.gif

/KC