Sign in to follow this  
XJ220

Sprocket Troubleshooting thread.

hey placebo,

Do they have a number we could call? We still havn't gotten that cd key, and this lan game is comming at 5:00pm Mountain time today... I would really appreciate it if we had a cd key to play with...

thanks again!

SP.

SoftWrap do but Sprocket not as far as I'm aware.

Is ANYONE else having CTD's with the Sprocket version???!!! I get them constantly. confused_o.gif

From the Event Viewer I get this everytime:

"Faulting application arma.exe, version 1.2.0.5103, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0267000f."

I had hopes the 1.02 patch would fix this. Nope.

Sys Specs:

SLi 7900GT's

AMD 4800

2GB pc3200

Winxp pro. patched and updated.

Spyware/adware clean

Nvidia forceware ver. 93.71

Has anyone else had this problem?

I Purchased czech verison via a PayPal account.

After several emails back and forth to sprocket I received cd key from softwrap. (and yes I thought they handled this very professionally and was pleased)

So then all was needed to install game was enter cd key.

In other words no softwrap online activation required.

Game was playable, but not in Multiplayer, CTD everytime.

Was hopeful when 1.02 came out that maybe CTD problem was fixed.

After patch to 1.02 I get the sotwrap activation window on launch. Entered info from conformation email from softwrap and software says activation sucessfull thank you for your purchase.

I relaunch game and still get softwrap activation window but now when I enter information it says that the key has already been used, and to conact support_softwrap.com

Can't play the game at all now due to this.

I have emailed arma_AT_idea-games.com

also support_AT_softwrap.com

and also support_AT_BIStudios.com (the wiki page recomends you send crash info here)

No repsonse other than auto-reply from arma_AT_idea-games.com

Is there a list of support hours they read these emails so we may know when to expect a response?

Also

Quote[/b] ]Do they have a number we could call?

From softwrap site:

Quote[/b] ]Contacting support by email is usually more productive as the agents are able to ensure all the relevant data is collected before a response is formulated. Support at times requires communication to 2nd or 3rd level support agents to be consulted and this cannot be done through telephone support.

First time using quotes not sure I did that right whistle.gif

ok it seems that softwrap and sprocket dont operate durring the weekends... we'll see what happenes tommorow...

I've had a different problem with the socket download. I originally ordered the German version. (but the US postage lost that) so I decided to also purchase the sprocket version.

I began downloading it friday afternoon and today( sunday 3pm ish)

the download was complete. After about 20 restarts of the sprocket application.

I registered on the sprocket site a while ago, way before they even listed the game. so I logged on, entered my payment details and I received the CD-key pretty much instantly.

the setup.exe is a size of 2,791,659,717 bytes and if I run it and enter the Cd-key I get as far as Building.pbo then get a CRC error. after messing around a little I decided I'd try to start a download again, but in my XP64 OS. but the sprocket.exe knows i've already completed download and won't allow me to start again. I've e-mailed Idea-games. thanks for clearing up who we should contact placebo it was a bit of a mystery there seems to be so many business names involved.

Has anyone else had the fail on install error? I remember I used to get a similar things years ago with OFP when trying to install the patches and there were things to try out? any ideas?

----

My checksum if someone can compare

009df41b8b8e827942cdcddea487e44e

OK to continue. I got a reply first thing this morning, seems they are very swift. A bit of a shame I cannot check my mail at work as they just wanted me to confirm my checksum is wrong. Well it's wrong. So I guess my reply will prompt them giving me an extra download allocation, which I can start tomorrow nigtht when I get home. I tried and they didn't allocate me any extra downloads today banghead.gif feel like I'm whinning, but guess OFP was my fav PC game I spent silly amounts of time on and i've yearning to play AA so much its just natural. I'm on a deadline to have this by friday when I fly back to the UK. if its not on my pc for the xmas hols I'll be really pissed off!

Ok the checksum for anyone having problems is

441266E3169520DA1D16CCBB48E0C12F setup.exe

use http://www.md5summer.org/ or http://www.pc-tools.net/win32/md5sums/

to find out if your download is valid and the same as above. I'd do this and include the results in your mail to Sprocket to get the fastest posible solution.

My problem is that the sprocket displayed that it had finished the download but it actually came short of about 200mb.

The setup file would launch and the installer got as far as character.pbo before displaying a CRC error.

Well, maybe i cant be blamed for deleting the setup file after waiting 3-4hrs for it but i did. ive sent an email to the good folks at sprocket with the details they require and hopefully i will get another shot at it.

lol i just hope the solution isnt to buy 'n try again smile_o.gif

"he setup file would launch and the installer got as far as character.pbo before displaying a CRC error."

The setup file seems to launch and ask for the cd-key even if it's only 1mb downloaded.

hopefully they'll update the sprocket.exe to make it download with a little integrity. or give us an FTP area when can just use a professional download app like some of the other on-line resellers are doing.

" seems they are very swift" Well guess I spoke to soon, No reply at all today. confused_o.gif

And all I want is another chance to download it. as I was just expecting a generic mail saying yes your file is currput(like we really

had to wait another day?) so we have given you another download allocation. alas nothing. daym I'm almost tempted go to BT to get it. banghead.gif maybe I'll just order another german copy to my UK address so I'm certain to have it for my xmas break. has anyone else paid for this game 3 times? icon_rolleyes.gif

Well sprocket and softwrap has a very good customer support staff! Im glad i did business with them and i would be glad to do so in the future! My problem was my e-mail, so i bouganother one for my brother and it worked! Instant CD-key! Thank you Sprocket, Softwrap, and Placebo.

I have no doubt how hard these guys are trying to get this game out mate. I'm just venting a little because I've not been able to join in the fun. mad_o.gif it must bewelder you though on the choosen method to download a 2gb file in one chunk with no integrity, and a single download allocation. Breaking the thing into RAR's with an FSraid par set would have been ideal.. whistle.gif ok hopefully I can get back on the 30kBandwagon again tomorrow. goodnight.gif

Just a warning to all, dont uninstall ur game once you have installedit and activated it. I had a vid card problem, so I uninstalled the game, and tried reinstalling it, but now i can not play the game. The cdkey works fine, but the activation for softwrap does not recognize my license holder name and my purchase ref. #. Ive contacted softwrap and been talkin to them for a few days now, and it seems they are tryin to solve the prob. but it still is a prob, and i cant play the game. It obv. has somrhing to do with the verification server and doesnot want to recognize information ( yes ive entered it correctly over 100 times), so, just as a warning to all, I dont know if this is universal, but just giving a heads up to all. banghead.gif

Has anyone else had this problem?

Game was playable, but not in Multiplayer, CTD everytime.

I am having this issue as well. Worse on some servers than others it seems, but not sure exactly what to attribute the CTD too.

...starting to wonder if I should have been more patient and waited for a copy in the mail.

And third, the official game patch (1.02) should work just fine with the Sprocket version.  You will need the latest Czech to English conversion created by Sickboy to sucessfully change the language.  You can find that by searching these forums.

Good day everyone,

I have acquired a Sprocket Czech ArmA a few days ago. I had a hard time installing it, as it would give an error which would lead to a full delete of all the install (the error is that at http://acima.lncc.br/~jauvane/ArmA/erro1.jpg). In any event, I managed to install it by copying the content installed before it deleted (before clicking the OK in the error message above). With that I managed to install and validate my v1.01. Now, when I install the patch 1.02 and run it states that the validation failed because it had been previously validated crazy_o.gif

So, my question would be: has anyone managed to upgrade the Sprocket download to v1.02 after validating the original download (v1.01) I wrote to softwrap yesterday, but since I am not sure how quick they will be I am trying the group here.

Thanks in advance for any help. I did manage to roll back to v1.01 so that at least I have that one working here...

So when you purchase through sprocket, you get a single download, or does it recharge over time, etc? I didn't see anything on their site on how all that is handled. I have been wanting to get Arma, but would not do the German D/L with SF on it.

I am going to be building a new PC soon, so wondering if I should hold off getting via sprocket till then, or just wait till I can import a UK copy.

In a nutshell, how would reactivation be handled on the new 'puter, and or redownload if that were nescesary?

Thanks for any input.

So when you purchase through sprocket, you get a single download, or does it recharge over time, etc? I didn't see anything on their site on how all that is handled. I have been wanting to get Arma, but would not do the German D/L with SF on it.

I am going to be building a new PC soon, so wondering if I should hold off getting via sprocket till then, or just wait till I can import a UK copy.

In a nutshell, how would reactivation be handled on the new 'puter, and or redownload if that were nescesary?

Thanks for any input.

In your case i would Burn the setup.exe that you DL to a DVD and just put it on your new computer. Or they do give u directions on how to redownload it in the email they send you but you have to send them your payment info and approx. date u paid.

Thanks for any input.

With Sprocket, you get one (1) download of the game. It will be called setup.exe. Make sure you burn it to a DVD. You can reinstall the game on another pc and it will walk you thru "re-activation" in the softwrap setup.

still waiting, havent heard nothin. I sent them my sw2 file, dont know why, and they said they look into why i cant re-activate my game. It wont recognize my purchase ref # and holder name info still so........ I emailed them friday and set them an email last night explaining i am going to cancel the transaction on my card if they dont have it fixed in the next week. Still havent heard back from them so......it looks like im gonna cancel it and wait till the game just comes out in english in the next couple months.

3 of 5 of us that used Sprocket, got the game immediately. 1 took 3 days...another took a week with issues. Overall, we give them a very low rating EDITed 4 months later .... now that we're playing before Santa came around.  nener.gif

With Sprocket, you get one (1) download of the game.  It will be called setup.exe.  Make sure you burn it to a DVD.  You can reinstall the game on another pc and it will walk you thru "re-activation" in the softwrap setup.

I downloaded it more than once... The first download didn't have the right CRC. The second download I interrupted right at start. Then the third download got the file right. In my case in order to download again it sufficed to run the sprocket download application again...

With regard to reinstall, I wrote to SoftrWrap and they added reinstallations to my account. So, in case of hardware change that could be an option. I recommend the sprocket download with no restrictions. Several friends also have got it working just fine.

I have spent quite a bit of time pouring through the posts that suggest fixes and tweaking my computer and game settings.

Yet I still have major crash problems in only multiplayer. I have had more then a few conversations with other people with the Sprocket Czech DL version that share my fustration.

Please let me know if you have had these issues. If not then please give a brief view as to the specs of your computer.

Thanks wink_o.gif

Cannot play the game In Multiplayer cause I keep Crashing to Desktop like every 1-20min during gameplay. Yet I can play in the Mission editor for hours and hours and never crash once. Theres something surely wrong with the Sprocket Czech version, and I hope this is fixed ASAP...

Cannot play the game In Multiplayer cause I keep Crashing to Desktop like every 1-20min during gameplay. Yet I can play in the Mission editor for hours and hours and never crash once. Theres something surely wrong with the Sprocket Czech version, and I hope this is fixed ASAP...

This happens to me on different servers....I once played on a server for like 1 1/2 hours straight. However when I went to another server i crashed in like 2 min.