Sign in to follow this  
XJ220

Sprocket Troubleshooting thread.

An update on my situation.

Idea support kept their promise and sent me another file to try for download.

At this time I am about 20 Min. left on download. xmas_o.gif

Hope to See you all on the Battlefield soon pistols.gif

I used Sprocket to dl my game and while it has resulted in no problems regarding the ArmedA software, I had numorous issues with the buy-download-play process.

I am trying to do this without "trash-talking" Sprocket. This is simply my experience and advice.

First my advice is to CAREFULLY read their "Terms" witch includes the following:

"We make no claims, nor apply any assertion that this site is suitable or configured for access for anyone outside of the Czech Republic."

Second click on the "About" icon and again CAREFULLY read the section titled "The protection" so you understand what the copy protection is and to answer any ...what if I need to reformat?... questions.

As far as my experience with Sprocket...the order process/security scared me. I registered with the site, yet that seemed to be pointless because my order info was not in my profile.

I was unable to download immediately after my purchase. The auto responses from Sprocket/IDEA games were in Czech, however the next day I got an email in english basiclly telling me to try again. This time I was successful. I also received a follow up email 2 days later, but it was again in Czech so I have no idea what it says.

So my advice is take a moment to read the parts of their web page noted above, and consider your options before you decide.

Personally I think I should have waited. My experience with downloadng games has not been a good one.(ie STEAM, Sprocket) I will only purchase software that arrives on something tangible like a CD/DVD in the future. confused_o.gif

Sprocket is a 5 day old system, it's to be expected there will be a couple of teething issues but they will do all they can to resolve them as quickly as possible. Buying from Sprocket is tantamount to buying directly from the developers.

Very helpful support team they have though, my firend is not up and running yet, but they have been very polite and I would be happy to do bussiness with them sometime in the future!

Anyways no cd key yet, but a quick response by the Reps'.

Thanks placebo, i guess you gotta take that in mind, at least their trying...

Sprocket is a 5 day old system, it's to be expected there will be a couple of teething issues but they will do all they can to resolve them as quickly as possible. Buying from Sprocket is tantamount to buying directly from the developers.

Haven't they been selling those Ufo games for weeks already? I understand that there's always some problems with a new system, but at least they should give some support for their customers.

They are giving support. And I refer to the Sprocket system as being new because having ArmA on it is what would test a system rather than selling the UFO games.

Thats funny Placebo rofl.gif

CDN has finally got his game..we are still thinking it was securities in his isp/modem, he ended up dnlding at work.!

We still have the member "that didn't sign up at Sprocket till after the purchase"...so he has decided to retry with another purchase if support doesn't get him fixed.

We have our server up for testing, and basically a big thanks to your team for putting up with ours/everyone's lack of patience. The game is well worth it, and I'm looking forward to more hard work from you/BiS/Idea/ ect ect.

Don

..."that didn't sign up at Sprocket till after the purchase"...

you mean thats our problem?...that really sucks... thats what my friend did, so hes screwed heh rofl.gif guess he has to buy a new one? Man he probobly wont either heh....

Ok so they are a new site and working out the bugs...sounds familiar. They did fix the problem and I did get the game. However it is really a "use at your own risk" deal

From the Sprocket "Terms"

"We make no claims, nor apply any assertion that this site is suitable or configured for access for anyone outside of the Czech Republic."

Ok so they are a new site and working out the bugs...sounds familiar. They did fix the problem and I did get the game. However it is really a "use at your own risk" deal

so err doest that mean they wont even try to help us?

I know the guy well who is providing support for Sprocket and I can tell you with no doubt in my mind he would rather poke himself in the eye with a rusty nail than see even 1 customer unhappy, terms and conditions need to cover your ass for all eventualities, I have no doubt that if you use the system correctly and pay your money you'll get what you paid for smile_o.gif

Since I also purchased from My-Sprocket, I guess this would be the correct thread to put this.

Im also having the crash to desktop issue when ONLY playing multiplayer. Singleplayer mode runs just fine. Each time the game crashes im given the message:

"Faulting application arma.exe, version 1.1.0.5094, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0268000f."

I reinstalled the latest nvidia drivers and reinstalled ArmA. No luck. I can play online anywhere from 45 min to 10 min before I get a CTD. My pc is kept up to date on all BIOS and driver releases and is virus/spyware free.

My hardware specs are:

2 X 7900GT's 256mg

AMD X2 4800+ CPU

2 GB DDR PC3200 Mem

X-Fi Extreme Gamer Soundcard.

Im begining to meet more and more Sprocket buyers who share my problem. Anyone have any ideas? Ive followed the advice of the other CTD threads, with no luck. confused_o.gif

Ug..did I say that. As I mentioned before the problem was quickly fixed and I have my game to play. My point is that had I read the "fine print", including the copy protection, I would have rather had the DVD in my hand. Just less to go wrong in my experience.

Ug..did I say that. As I mentioned before the problem was quickly fixed and I have my game to play. My point is that had I read the "fine print", including the copy protection, I would have rather had the DVD in my hand. Just less to go wrong in my experience.

Well im glad you got it working wink_o.gif, wheres the best place to contact them... ive contacted them with every e-mail shown on this thread... Maybe my e-mails f-ed up.

The Sprocket contact information is displayed on the site, if you don't get an automated reply in Czech then there's something wrong with your Email.

Hey i finally got mine downloaded and installed, it works, i did the online activation jiggy, but after i play, and exit out, i insall patch 1.01, then starforce comes up saying i need to install things, i do, and it asks for a cd-number or something, i tried my cd-key that came with the e-mail and the product number as well, both said invalid, how do i get around this or what did i do wrong?

ohh yeah, and patch 1.02 might do this too, and about the czech, i cant read it, and i fear the Czech to english may not work with sprocket download? or even just 1.02?

Hey i finally got mine downloaded and installed, it works, i did the online activation jiggy, but after i play, and exit out, i insall patch 1.01, then starforce comes up saying i need to install things, i do, and it asks for a cd-number or something, i tried my cd-key that came with the e-mail and the product number as well, both said invalid, how do i get around this or what did i do wrong?

ohh yeah, and patch 1.02 might do this too, and about the czech, i cant read it, and i fear the Czech to english may not work with sprocket download? or even just 1.02?

Ok i see a couple problems here. First, did you download your game from the my-sprocket site? If so, you should not be seeing anything about Starforce. That version uses Softwrap.

Secondly, that game already includes the 1.01 patch. So you DO NOT need to try to patch it again.

And third, the official game patch (1.02) should work just fine with the Sprocket version. You will need the latest Czech to English conversion created by Sickboy to sucessfully change the language. You can find that by searching these forums.

The Sprocket contact information is displayed on the site, if you don't get an automated reply in Czech then there's something wrong with your Email.

thank you placebo, ok i got the automated response so they should have it...

lol, thanks alot super64, i realized this about the fourth time i reeinstalled it because i kept patching to czech 1.01, but i left it alone and it worked, i look at the bottom and it says 1.01, im like.. wow.. im dumb, anyways, thanks for the help, i got most of my problems solved! thanks! notworthy.gif

So after showing my friend some videos and the one I made he really wants the game and wants to buy it online. We have looked for this information all over and Sprocket does not state weather the download version comes with starforce protection. Starforce has really messed up his PC in the past and he wont get the game if it has this protection. sad_o.gif

There is also the German version but I heard about performance problems with it. Does it still have problems, and is the game any different than the Czech version? Also is there any problems with the patches and the downloadable versions?

A lot of questions I know but he wants to be sure about a lot of things lol

Thanks in advance.

:EDIT: we will be able to play together if I have the Czech version and he gets the german version right?

Read the thread (or the one in General), I'm quite sure it's covered that the Sprocket version uses SoftWrap not Starforce.

All versions will be patched to the same version so they can play together.

However this is the troubleshooting thread, your questions belong in the thread in general not in here.

Hi,

I just downloaded the 1.02 patch and I tried installing it but it gave many errors.

I have the downloaded German version and the English patch is the only thing I have changed on the game.

It errored initially with the language.pbo (I think) and then stated errors on all the MP missions and some campaign missions.

I uninstalled/re-installed ArmA and then put on the 1.02 patch with no problems BUT, now when the German to English patch wont work...

Below is what didnt patch: (I didnt paste every single error, just a few of each.)

Addons\LANGUAGE.PBO -> Original file CRC error occurred, it has been skipped.

Campaigns\ca.pbo -> Original file CRC error occurred, it has been skipped.

DTA\BIN.PBO -> Original file CRC error occurred, it has been skipped.

MPMissions\MP01SEIZETHECITY.SARA.PBO -> Original file CRC error occurred, it has been skipped.

MPMissions\MP03ARMOREDFIST.SARA.PBO -> Original file CRC error occurred, it has been skipped.

MPMissions\MP20CAMELDOGFIGHT.SARA.PBO -> Original file CRC error occurred, it has been skipped.

MPTemplates\MPT01SEIZETHEAREA.PBO -> Original file CRC error occurred, it has been skipped.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

now when the German to English patch wont work...

Not relevant to this thread.

We do not provide support for people using unofficial language patches, you use them at your own risk.