Sign in to follow this  
XJ220

Sprocket Troubleshooting thread.

Quote[/b] ]Don't worry about that, ive decoded the message with a cheap czech translator, and its just a confirmation of ur email being sent to an idea games RT (you can see that on the bottom of the email,something like [iDEA-RT#xxx])

You will get an answer soon from that person,until then u just have to wait (dont worry about waiting either,you should receive an answer today,the tech support is pretty fast,they probably havent answered before because it was Sunday :P)

thanks for the reply, it at least gives me some hope smile_o.gif

mad_o.gif i emailed the link given by placebo for my problem (the problem was that everything downloaded fine but i recieved no confirmation email and no cd-key), but all i've had is what looks like an auto-response (in czech which i cant understand) from idea games and still have not been given a cd-key. this is really starting to get on my nerves now mad_o.gif , i feel like the worlds biggest sucker !

According to my information you emailed them only 45 minutes ago? They're not miracle workers I'm afraid, you have to be a little more patient smile_o.gif

I don't see why CDN is having probs, but a 5th member went and bought it thru Sprocket, without sigining up at Sprocket (he figured credit card info was enough)... and now he has the prob of NO CD KEY.

yea i figured my card details would be enough (they asked for an email address anyway during the payment process), i registered with sprocket after i had downloaded. i'm just sitting about trying to be patient now waiting for a reply from the address provided by placebo earlier and hoping that this gets sorted out soon before i start crying like a little girl confused_o.gif

i just noticed placebo's updated his post with the conatct details and the address for the "no email and no cd-key" problem has changed from idea games to softwrap but when i try to contact them i just get this

Quote[/b] ]Your message

Subject: "no cd key"

could not be delivered to softwrap.helpserve.com

Unable to resolve the domain <softwrap.helpserve.com> for the following users:

support@Softwrap.helpserve.com

Additional Information

======================

Sender: <jaymzsob@aol.com>

Sender-MTA: <205.188.157.36>

Reporting-MTA: <mail.smtpfw.net>

MessageName: <B457d68010002.457d68020011.0001.mml>

Last-Attempt-Date: <14:15:30 Mon, 11 December 2006>

so what am i to do?

it only took a minute or two to be bounced back, i've contacted softwrap by phone and they are aware of my problem and apparently are going to try and sort it out and contact me by phone later, they have recieved several emails from other people with the same problem aswell. i dont quite know what to think at the moment sad_o.gif

Placebo

This is what came back when using the link for support in the confirmation email?

I thought I had done something wrong so I tried it several times, same thing happened for all attempts:

Sent :  December 10, 2006 6:47:08 AM

To :  my email address@hotmail.com

Subject :  Message Undeliverable to softwrap.helpserve.com

|  |  | Inbox

Your message

Subject: "Re: my download attempts"

could not be delivered to softwrap.helpserve.com

Unable to resolve the domain <softwrap.helpserve.com> for the following users:

support@Softwrap.helpserve.com

On a side note:

I got a response from Idea support thanking me for my interest and purchase of Armed Assault and they were looking into my problem and would possibly respond later today.

We will see!!!!

yea i got an email from idea about half hour ago same reply, now i'm just hoping it gets sorted before i have to go to work

i got a email back from idea saying they were working with sprocket to resolve the issue about no cd key and saying i should hear from them today. i did get a email from sprocket but just the same as i got before with no cd key...lol

I had the same issue, no email and no cd-key. I actually have a account on the site, but I was not logged in when I made the purchase. I sent them mail through the web-form on sunday, but so far no response. I'll give them another day, then I email to that other address.

Had other issues also:

After the download had finished, there was error: Trasfer failed, try another mirror. After searching my system, I however found the setup.exe from D:\Mozilla Firefox. I saved the sprocket.exe to G:\, and launched it from Firefox. I guess sprocket got the wrong working directory because of that.

I'm guessing the transfer failed error was because sprocket was trying to look for the setup.exe from G:\. The size of my setup.exe is 2 726 231 kb. Can anyone confirm thats the correct size. I get the cd-key dialog when running it, so at least it's not complitely corrupted.

This is pretty annoying, I got the game on my HD, but no cd-key sad_o.gif

btw, pretty poor imagination in naming that installation file, setup.exe. Found many of them from my system, but the big size gave the correct one away smile_o.gif

I got this from Sprocket this morning....

Hello swtx,

Thank you for your purchase of ArmA: Armed Assault. The problem you

describe may unfortunately appear occasionally with the current version

of the download manager. We are working of fixing it now and if you

decide to purchase any of our other titles through Sprocket, it should

not happen again.

I will send you a better updated version of the download manager later

today and hopefully you will not have to re-download the whole setup.

I am very sorry for these delays.

Yours,

Martin

Sprocket Customer Support

Hello,

I am sorry but the updated version is not yet available. I apologize

for the delay and will send it you tomorrow.

Yours,

Martin

On 12/11/06 @ 1134 CST

Quote[/b] ]Hello,

I am sorry but the updated version is not yet available. I apologize

for the delay and will send it you tomorrow.

Yours,

Martin

I got that as well confused_o.gif

I got an email explaining the missing CD Key troubles, saying they were working it out with softwrap. Missing CD Keys were a result of paying with PayPal.

It was corrected for me arround 11AM here, got a new email with a cd key, all is well!

Same message for me. "tomorrow"

I have not figured out my emotion's yet.

Upset. Worried. Happy.

Humm, I guess we will see.

PS: Thanks for listening Placebo

i got my cd-key now and all is well, for anyone having similar problems i would suggest phoning softwrap (the phone numbers on their site on the contact us page) , the number is for marketing but when i phoned it they were very helpfull and after i had explained what had happened they were very quick in sorting the problem out for me. a big thanks to placebo for all his help, now im off to play smile_o.gif

They havn't sent the cd key yet or any email for that matter, so if you could tell me how i can get it, that would be awsome...

(just helping a friend)

The invalid key error has been fixed!

Yes should be fixed for everyone now who bought the Sprocket version.

Hello all,

I don't know if this will help, but...

I Purchased czech ver from sprocket via a PayPal account.

With regards to Login failed I was told they had a problem with their servers blocking a few IP's, problem was fixed right away.

My Download was only the setup.exe file and I received no CD key in my first conformation email from IDEA. I was told this was a problem with all ArmA purchases made with paypal.

They supposedly are working on correcting the issue. (maybe have already)

They did send me an email with my CD key (after 3 days worth of emails back and forth) and all is installed and seems to be working fine.

None this happened very quickly though, I think they are sorting out where the confusion/errors took place.

I will say Martin at Sprocket has been very helpfull and has always returned my emails.

The invalid key error has been fixed!

Yes should be fixed for everyone now who bought the Sprocket version.

maybe the invalid cd key thing has been fixed, but no e-mails relating to the purchase or Idea Games/Sprocket have came in... And yes I have checked my spam mail...

I have sent them mail through the web form and to support@softwrap.com, but haven't received any kind of reply sad_o.gif

I wish they would at least send some kind of reply they are working on it or something...