Sign in to follow this  
XJ220

Sprocket Troubleshooting thread.

I also bought a game from Sprocket and was provided with a key that works on most servers. However some servers give me the message "Invalid CD KEY" and kick me. I also cannot host lan games because of this, but as far as I know my ID is unique as I have yet to see another person with the same ID.

I've contacted Sprocket technical support and would suggest not buying this version because it seems they are selling pirated copies. I cannot say for sure that this is the case, but if I'm not the only one having this problem with Sprockets downloads then there is a good chance this is infact the case.

lol "you got mail" ring a bell? I downloaded from Sprocket and they sent my Key to me in an email. Somtimes mail like this can get stuck sitting in your bulk folder so take a good look.

There are some reported problems in another thread about the validity of these downloads and the CD KEYS that come with them. If you experience any problems please let sombody know about it. I would hate to see some company making TONS of money off other peoples hard work and breaking the game and community before it even gets off the ground sad_o.gif

They sent me back a reply. I tried the downloader again the morning after I placed the order and it worked! The CD KEY is in the e-mail they send you after placing the order, however there may be an issue as to the validity of these keys being issued from the Sprocket website.

It seems some users such as myself are having problems connecting to some servers and hosting lan games. A message appears stating "Invalid CD KEY" with a long message that seems to vary from server to server. Some members in my clan have actually bought the physical version and have not experienced the problems some users have reported when using the Sprocket website.

Exactly, I have apparently activated FADE in both the downloaded version from morphicon, AND the German retail version, patched. I have uninstalled, and re-installed, and it's constantly activated, or something of the like. What on earth am I to do?

As i said, There is no CD Key in my email. If there was, i would have already installed and been playing.

I have the full setup downloaded, the cd key was excluded from my email. I have the license registrer and purchase number, no cd key.

im having the same problem, i've downloaded the setup.exe, but at no point have i even recieved a e-mail to confirm the transaction and i haven't been given a cd-key  crazy_o.gif

Another in our gaming group downloaded the Game no problem, but he did not get a confirmation e-mail at all?

which by the way I still cannot download,

What is going on?

It is obviously not a stable option, I am starting to wonder if it's a secure method?

I hope I'm wrong

i have also downloaded this version but i only have on my email from them.

Dear

Please save this email and print a copy for safe-keeping as confirmation that you have purchased ArmA: Armed Assault for € 39.86

License holder: xxxxxxx@xxxxxx.xx.xx

Purchase Reference: x-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The title you have just purchased can be downloaded at the following url:

i`m beginning to wish i hadnt bothered after reading the problems everyone else is having getting the cd key

rofl.gif

I'll point you to this quote from their about us page

Quote[/b] ]SprocketIdea.com is owned and operated by IDEA games, an association of independent developers. Our aim is to promote the games developed by our member studios. More information about our company can be found on our web.

BI is a member of IDEA so I very much doubt that they would be selling pirate copies of their own program  rofl.gif

Have you considered that as you can connect to some servers then maybe your CD key is just fine, and its a error with the dedicated BETA server program, or those servers you are having problems with are the ones who are running hacked pirate copies.

Sorry but the IDEA that IDEA are selling pirate copies nearly made me fall off my seat in laughter  tounge2.gif  tounge2.gif  tounge2.gif

Also if you have an English patched game, the server may have file signature checking turned on, in which case you will be seen as a pirate copy by the server.

not much point contacting them as look at bottom of email u got In the event that you require any assistance activating / licensing your software please contact the Softwrap support centre via email at support@softwrap.com. If you have a technical problem with the title which does not involve licensing, please contact the author at arma@idea-games.com. More details are usually found within their application or on their website. contacting idea is only if u dont have a problem with your licensing but as u have no cd key like me we just have to sit around and spam softwrap support...lol

they havent yet returned mine, but i suppose i will wait abit longer then, let us know how u get on talking to them at idea but surely there should be a way that it can just get sorted without having to phone different countries for a stupid cd key...

Someone needs to do something. I haven't seen anyone get helped by them at all! Are they stealing our money?

I just tried again, yea I know I'm a glutten for punishment, anyhow no luck with download?

I e-mailed Idea, Sprocket and softwrap.

even though I clicked the link in the email Softwrap's emails keep getting bounced back with this message:

"Unable to resolve the domain <softwrap.helpserve.com> for the following users:

support@Softwrap.helpserve.com"

No reply from support@sprocket

but I did get...

An auto response from Idea. (I Guess that is something!wink_o.gif

As I said before.

It is really surpising nobody is monitoring this over the weekend, is that not when most people play, surf and buy stuff?

Something tells me that this is not right and just in case I have put my Credit Card Provider on alert for wierd purchases and told them I will most likely be cancelling this card and requesting another in the very near future.

What a pain in the tush.

Oh well, thats what Luv does to you, make you blind and stupid.  

inlove.gif  crazy_o.gif

i keep getting my emails sent back aswell crazy_o.gif , and like you i dont like the look of this either and have contacted my card provider aswell banghead.gif

banghead.gifbanghead.gifconfused_o.gif

I'm having the same trouble...

I will contact visa in the morning and cancel the transaction....

Unfortunatly I'm starting to believe the whole Sprocket concept is a scam.

try this email addy support@softwrap.com i havent yet recieved a email back saying it couldnt find the domain but then again ive not recieved anything back....this is a bloody disgrace, its like going to buy the box from amazon and getting no dvd inside.. come on BIS help us out with some ideas.

i think someone should have told sprocket april fools day has gone and give us our cd keys

I'll merge all separate Sprocket related troubleshooting threads into here, however the BIS forums are not the official source of troubleshooting help with Sprocket, for that you should read the information on Sprocket's Help/Support page.

The information I have for those people having issues with their ArmA purchase:

CD Key error in MP - This is an issue related to CD Key registration with the Gamespy master server, issue will be resolved today.

Email received, no CD Key - If you paid with paypal it's a known issue and will be resolved ASAP.

No Email received at all - that's strange and is a softwrap issue, contact Softwrap's support.

Downloader cannot connect - check your firewall, etc., contact support.

Downloader not downloaded - see the link in your confirmation Email.

Problem with installation - Contact support.

mad_o.gif i emailed the link given by placebo for my problem (the problem was that everything downloaded fine but i recieved no confirmation email and no cd-key), but all i've had is what looks like an auto-response (in czech which i cant understand) from idea games and still have not been given a cd-key. this is really starting to get on my nerves now mad_o.gif , i feel like the worlds biggest sucker !

mad_o.gif i emailed the link given by placebo for my problem (the problem was that everything downloaded fine but i recieved no confirmation email and no cd-key), but all i've had is what looks like an auto-response (in czech which i cant understand) from idea games and still have not been given a cd-key. this is really starting to get on my nerves now mad_o.gif , i feel like the worlds biggest sucker !

Don't worry about that, ive decoded the message with a cheap czech translator, and its just a confirmation of ur email being sent to an idea games RT (you can see that on the bottom of the email,something like [iDEA-RT#xxx])

You will get an answer soon from that person,until then u just have to wait (dont worry about waiting either,you should receive an answer today,the tech support is pretty fast,they probably havent answered before because it was Sunday :P)

The information I have for those people having issues with their ArmA purchase:

CD Key error in MP - This is an issue related to CD Key registration with the Gamespy master server, issue will be resolved today.

Email received, no CD Key - If you paid with paypal it's a known issue and will be resolved ASAP.

No Email received at all - that's strange, contact support.

Downloader cannot connect - check your firewall, etc., contact support.

Downloader not downloaded - see the link in your confirmation Email.

Problem with installation - Contact support.

I get that MP error with "Invalid Key", how do you know it will be fixed today? If that's so, then AWESOME!