Sign in to follow this  
XJ220

Sprocket Troubleshooting thread.

Hi all, this is my first post here, tho i registered a long time ago.

I would like to see if someone has the same problem,let me explain:

I bought the game (CZ version) via my-sprocket.com, and I downloaded the game's download manager (sprocket.exe).

The problem is, whenever I try to start the download, it says "Login failed!,try another server."

I don´t see any login screen, and the CZ mirror is the only server i see there.

Maybe the server is too busy? :S

Thanks, XJ

ps:yes,my firewall is closed,and I've opened basically ALL my router ports (unsafe, I know nener.gif ,but the game is worth the risk),I also used the search feature with no results.

pss:sorry for my bad english tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]ps:yes,my firewall is closed,and I've opened basically ALL my router ports (unsafe, I know ,but the game is worth the risk)

Forgive me but: wow_o.gif nothing is worth that risk - really

OK, maybe having a life without sorrows guaranteed till the

end of days or having an experience of which the kids of your

kids will still write books is worth it. icon_rolleyes.gif

Did you read anywhere that you have to run your system

totally unprotected to get the game going or downloaded?

Turn on your internet security imidiately before something

really weird happens to you or at least to your system. crazy_o.gif

~S~ CD

Forgive me but: wow_o.gif nothing is worth that risk - really

OK, maybe having a life without sorrows guaranteed till the

end of days or having an experience of which the kids of your

kids will still write books is worth it. icon_rolleyes.gif

Did you read anywhere that you have to run your system

totally unprotected to get the game going or downloaded?

Turn on your internet security imidiately before something

really weird happens to you or at least to your system. crazy_o.gif

~S~ CD

i was joking, of course i didnt just turn off everything :P (i only turned off the firewall,because customer support told me to)

btw, i've emailed customer support, and after some questions about my specs and such, they have seen that sprocket blocked some ip's automatically, they just patched it, and now i have no problems at all with downloading notworthy.gif

Humm, I'm having same problems?

I've been trying to download for over 3 hours now same message or sort of?

"Transfer failed!

Try another server."

no reply from sprocket as of yet.

Downloaded mine in 30minutes using Metaboli and download accelerator

MAN YOU LUCKY!!!

Lets see, No firewall, no Spyware blockers running!!

It's been just over 4 hours of trying to download.

I think somewhere about 400 attempts to download so far?

Weird, maybe downloads to Canada are blocked?

I will try a few more times Sunday (I write this Saturday), no luck, well.... I don't know? Request credit on Credit Card I guess.

Hey, I also had the same problem with the Sprocket.exe. It kept gave me the "Login Failed, Try Another Server Message".

*I tried it the next day and it worked.*

Hope this goes the same with you guys, and just keep in mind it was the first day of release of ArmA for Sprocket =) .

*pff changed grammar mistakes*

snipman:

I, along with a pile of others, Hope so; I am/we are, so excited about this upgrade to OFP that I/we ,really don't want to wait for release by "whom ever" in "North America!

Here's hoping Christmas comes early for me!   xmas_o.gif  pistols.gif

Hi, I bought the Czech Version of ArmA, and installed it sucessfully with the Serial provided by Sprocket. I could join most servers perfectly fine, until I got to certain servers that gives me an "Invalid CD Key" when Connecting...

Anyone know if this is a Server setting for certain versions of the game (Lang or Version) or is my cd key that is bugged?

by the way,i hope you guys speak czech and know where to get the cd key,because the installation needs one,and i just cant see where to get it

probabily the installer says where to look,but i dont speak czech icon_rolleyes.gif

Hi all again, after the problems i had downloading the game, finally i could get it yay.gif

But i have another big problem, i bought the czech version through sprocket, and i just dont know where to get my cd key, the installer needs it (probably the installer says where to get it,but i cant speak czech, but i cant see it on the transfer confirmation email, nor in sprocket itself crazy_o.gif

Please CZ version users,could you tell me where to get the **** cd key?, its driving me mad these days banghead.gif

You need to follow the Sprocket support information.

Sorry, to bother you people about this but..

I think I have tried everything.

So far I'm about at 400 attempts over a 24 hour period.

- Uninstalled my spyware programs.

- Turned off antivirus

- Turned off Firewall

-DMZ this computer through router

Emailed support @ Idea and Sprocket several times. (no reply yet)

Any educated suggestions?

by the way,i hope you guys speak czech and know where to get the cd key,because the installation needs one,and i just cant see where to get it

probabily the installer says where to look,but i dont speak czech icon_rolleyes.gif

The serial number is sent in the email from sprocket. I got my email from sprocket within a few seconds of making my purchase.

I dnlded Czech version from Sprocket (Firewall and Anti-Virus ON), installed the game, immedieatly installed the english fix...wha-la...game is great and in english. A few Czech news announcers are in Czech, but it's translated into english on bottom of screen. All in all, I don't see why anyone else is waiting. CDN is getting pretty pissed at his issue..specially since 3 others in our group are playing, and our server will be online soon.

yay.gif

Does anybody know if the support offered from "Idea" or "Sprocket" or "Softwrap" 24 hours?

You would think that on a weekend there would be a real person available to assist.?

No replies? no Help?

I even just tried the "NO NO"

I opened every port (Just to try start download) to the internet still no luck.

banghead.gif

BIGBEAR your are a little liite on my feelings right now!!!!  banghead.gif

It's just over 24 hours of trying, no luck banghead.gif  help.gif

HELP, HELP!!!!!

I got the download to work easily with sprocket, about midnight last night, however i NEVER RECIEVED a CD Key in an email or a page to retrive it from. I sent an email to sprocket and softwrap, but support@softwrap.com just returns your messages as it is.

Can someone tell me how they recived their key from sprocket?

I got an email from sales@softwrap.com with a License Holder name and Purchase Reference, which contained the download link for my sprocket.exe, but contained no CD Key.

Aftermath

I have tried differnt times.

Anyhow, the email contained about 3 or 4 lines down in the email, it should say:

"When you run the setup, you will be prompted to enter your ArmA serial number:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

Ah... hmm. Dont have any emails like that. I just sent and email to arma@idea-games.com and got an autoreply that is in Czech, I cant read it but translated small bits of it. Said something to the effect of : Database problems at sprocket/people not receiving cd keys, gave me a ticket id. Heres the whole reply if anyone wants to translate:

Some characters wouldnt display in the forum, so I placed it in a text file on my website: ArmA@idea-games.com's Reply

Aftermath

A couple lines above the "License Holder name and Purchase Reference numbers" should be the serial number?

Humm, by the way my auto reply from idea # was 140?

this is all it has:

Dear

Please save this email and print a copy for safe-keeping as confirmation that you have purchased ArmA: Armed Assault for € 33.50

License holder: **********@**********

Purchase Reference: ***************

The title you have just purchased can be downloaded at the following url: ---- blah blah blah.

I got the download to work easily with sprocket, about midnight last night, however i NEVER RECIEVED a CD Key in an email or a page to retrive it from. I sent an email to sprocket and softwrap, but support@softwrap.com just returns your messages as it is.

Can someone tell me how they recived their key from sprocket?

I got an email from sales@softwrap.com with a License Holder name and Purchase Reference, which contained the download link for my sprocket.exe, but contained no CD Key.

I recieved one email from sales@softwrap.com. Between the download link and the License Holder/Purchaser reference stuff is this line:

When you run the setup, you will be prompted to enter your ArmA serial number: XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Yea, i definely dont have a CD Key in that email, anywhere. Nothing hidden, or anything. It just never got into the email i guess...

Well I'm totally burnt out trying to get this download started. banghead.gif

I wish I was in Aftermath's shoes (he has the download) and maybe he wishes he was in mine (I have the CD.Key)

This really sucks a whole weekend shot trying to download!!!! banghead.gif

I wonder if my interest in this game will override the feelings I'm having right now?

I am so close to venting  band.gif .

help.gif  help.gif  help.gif  help.gif  help.gif  help.gif