Sign in to follow this  
XJ220

Sprocket Troubleshooting thread.

Xaoslaad i emailed Idea and they gave me 3 more trys at activating my game and it worked so i am now playing 1.07 with np's. Thanx for your help.

Reposting this here since the ******* moderator named Shadow closed my post in about 5 seconds, rather than doing something useful like solving the problem.

With that attitude I'm surprised anyone here is willing to help you. I suggest you cool down or step out.

My job does not involve helping you with your Sprocket issues.

This thread is a self-help thread for the community.

For technical assistance, email Sprocket.

If you have anything more to say about this, do it in private.

With the beta patch it re activated but upon exiting I got this,

http://swat-clan.net/xtra/sprocket.JPG

EDIT= putting that file in the beta folder fixed it.

Having the US hard copy on my other pc has no issue./QUOTE]

Did you start the game from the shortcut inside your Arma-dir that the patch created?

You will get that message if you try to start the game by directly clicking the new beta EXE.

Did you start the game from the shortcut inside your Arma-dir that the patch created?

You will get that message if you try to start the game by directly clicking the new beta EXE.

Well..what I noticed.... on the Sprocket dnld version (the pc has been shut down since Feb).. I can not get my activation to work if I want to load 1.01-1.05 (it claims invalid) . But trying to launch the exe in the beta folder gave me that error, which at least "told me something" to work with, which in fact let me activate with the 1.07 beta exe. Funny thing is..ALL the exe's show the locked icons still. Sprocket is/will assist me when I'm ready to get the official 1.07 (or which ever #) patch. Like I told them..it is working again. For now I just had to have same version as my other pc. This is helpng me keep an Evolution mission session on going.

Well..what I noticed.... on the Sprocket dnld version (the pc has been shut down since Feb).. I can not get my activation to work if I want to load 1.01-1.05 (it claims invalid) . But trying to launch the exe in the beta folder gave me that error, which at least "told me something" to work with, which in fact let me activate with the 1.07 beta exe. Funny thing is..ALL the exe's show the locked icons still. Sprocket is/will assist me when I'm ready to get the official 1.07 (or which ever #) patch. Like I told them..it is working again. For now I just had to have same version as my other pc. This is helpng me keep an Evolution mission session on going.

The exe's SHOULD look as a locked icons, thats how my sprocket works anyways. And dont launch the beta patch inside, the beta folder. And plz do send e-mail BEFORE u run out of activations.

Been sprocket from 1.01 and no problems here....

And dont launch the beta patch inside, the beta folder.

That is wrong info to be giving out.

Read my post again ...it was the ONLY exe that would let me re/activate my game.

1.01 thru 1.05 claimed invalid activation even after playing it for several months before.

It's playing with beta 1.07.5157..thats all that matters at this point.

I have had the sprocket version for a few months with no problems ,,, untill now .

I tried playing today and get a error :  

arma has encountered a problem and needs to close  !

error signature :

AppName: arma.locked AppVer: 1.5.0.5136 ModName: kernel32.dll

ModVer: 5.1.2600.2945 Offset: 00012a5b

I did nothing at all to any file ever then I turn PC on today and get this crap . anyone know a fix ?

A reinstall is the obvious choice but uninstalling , reinstalling , plus all the button remapping is something I really dont want to do if there is a fix somewhere , hopefully .Very frustrating mad_o.gif

I just installed the 1.08 international patch to the Sprocket download EU version and now it is asking me to re-activate it and of course it failed. banghead.gif

I have the sprocket version and installed the 1.08 and it says to reactivate and it fails also....sigh....sprocket blows...I hate them. this is getting so tiresome.

LOL, I installed 1.08, and had to reactivate and it worked like a charm. Played the game, etc. I did get a campaign/ca.pbo error, but the game works and I joined servers. But, when I left the game, the desktop icon is now a lock instead of the normal arma symbol. But, the game is still working in multiplayer? Dont know, but I figure I'll have the same problem w/ 1.05 that is, I'll start crashing in MP, and it will take softwrap 2 weeks to fix the problem!!

I have had the sprocket version for a few months with no problems ,,, untill now .

I tried playing today and get a error :  

arma has encountered a problem and needs to close  !

error signature :

AppName: arma.locked AppVer: 1.5.0.5136 ModName: kernel32.dll

ModVer: 5.1.2600.2945 Offset: 00012a5b

I did nothing at all to any file ever then I turn PC on today and get this crap . anyone know a fix ?

A reinstall is the obvious choice but uninstalling , reinstalling , plus all the button remapping is something I really dont want to do if there is a fix somewhere , hopefully .Very frustrating  mad_o.gif

Well all I had to do was a system restore to a week before this problem started and all is well. yay.gif patch works fine too. yay.gif

Only 1 thing I can think of would have caused this problem . Time warner cable took over Adelphia in my area ,and I received a letter from Time Warner to go to roadrunner activation wizard at www.activation.rr.com . It made me install something that activated my email with them . only think I can think of .

Now I am afraid to erase my Adelphia email account from my pc in fear this will happen again sad_o.gif

I have a question for everyone using Sprocket and patch 1.08. Did you guys see any increase in performance?

Before patching I went into the Nvidia Control panel and tweaked some stuff, like forcing Vsync off. But after downloading the new patch, I think the game uses a different exe to run, (Arma.locked as opposed to just Arma).

Since I didn't get any performance increase like most other people, I think the settings I changed earlier are no longer valid, so the performance increase is not noticeable.

I'd go and test this, but the Nvidia Control Panel won't show any games.

Seems like an increase in performance for me when using default textures. I have not confirmed this w/ quantitative data though. Also, I emailed softwrap yesterday, and they fixed the problem and email me back today. Very fast turnaround. Much better than when 1.05 came out.

I have the sprocket version and installed the 1.08 and it says to reactivate and it fails also....sigh....sprocket blows...I hate them. this is getting so tiresome.

If you still have the email, it will give you the reference number. Also right above the reference number is the owners name which in my case was my email address. It's also case sensitive. Try again using copy and paste from the email for those to things. First time I failed also.

So who here managed to get a full refund? I'm thinking of just asking for it to buy the boxed version.

So who here managed to get a full refund? I'm thinking of just asking for it to buy the boxed version.

Eddo check your mail.  I get in trouble when I post anything.

If you are wondering the same, just ask Eddo to forward it to you.

This may have been asked before? dunno really.

Has anyone tried using their Sprocket cd key code on another hard copy of ArmA?

Having multi pc's and 2 copies of most "great" games is sometimes a must for me. But I'm not wanting to lose my Sprocket version to test my question.

In theory...and legally it should work ehh?

Edit=..a few of my games like RavenShield this does work.

I have a question for everyone using Sprocket and patch 1.08. Did you guys see any increase in performance?

Before patching I went into the Nvidia Control panel and tweaked some stuff, like forcing Vsync off. But after downloading the new patch, I think the game uses a different exe to run, (Arma.locked as opposed to just Arma).

Since I didn't get any performance increase like most other people, I think the settings I changed earlier are no longer valid, so the performance increase is not noticeable.

I'd go and test this, but the Nvidia Control Panel won't show any games.

for me my its been always arma.locked, quess is just a sprocet thing. And before u come here to rant about activation failed, make sure u got enough activations, BEFORE u update. When I think im outta activations i email sprocet to get some more, BEFORE i install

patches or reinstall the game whistle.gifwhistle.gif

i just downloaded the game got no emial from sprocket wiht a cd key or anythign afterwards and i didnt use the sproket.exe to download i just used mozilla auto browser

ive made an account on sprocket and logged on and off a million times went everywhere trying to find my key got nothing tried all the numebr i cna find lolol

can anyone help me out onw hat to do

and yes ive contacted them and they wont fu**ing reply

its been likea whole day nearly

what do i do!!!

im jsut stuck on the cd key menu now

ok i got through the cd key phase thank god to one of ym friends cd keys

but i cant get through the fu**ing activation phase saying my email wasnt recognised all this crap

sprocket never asked me to do that before lol

trying to get a version for a second computer, the sprocket downloader justs hangs on "Connecting...".

Been like that for 20 mins

banghead.gif

That was the EU mirror, downloading from a CZ Mirror at a decent speed now. xmas_o.gif

Not sure if this is because I have the Sprocket version or not but I can't get the in game custom sounds to play in multi-player after following all the tips in the wiki. Has anyone else with this version of the game been able to get them to work?

Not sure if this is because I have the Sprocket version or not but I can't get the in game custom sounds to play in multi-player after following all the tips in the wiki. Has anyone else with this version of the game been able to get them to work?

Hmm.  

1. If your speaking of something like the FDF sound pack, then add this to your Arma launcher " -mod=@FDFsounds".

(Assuming your mod folder is named @FDFsounds and is placed in the Arma directory.)

2. If you mean custom radio sounds... they may be in the right format, but there is a limit to the file size.  So, if you don't see them on the radio menue, thats' probably it.

Keep in mind that too many custom radio sounds make it take longer for others to join.  Also some servers do not allow mod folders or custom radio sounds.

~Hope that helps.