Sign in to follow this  
buddhiraja73

MISSIONS WISHLIST

I like to play SINGLE PLAYER missions and like INFANTRY COMBAT only, preferably special forces action. A few types of missions that I would like to see are --

- A village is being experiencing strange things and some villagers are being attacked at night. My team is sent to investigate. We interact/talk with the villagers and a story develops during the course of which we have quite a few firefights with hostile forces. Maybe we go to investigate another village nearby and are attacked etc. Basically I want some story driven mods where there is sufficient interaction with civilians and information is extracted from them. There will be some tension, suspence, mystery and investigation along with quite a few firefights. The story will be open ended and may vary based on my actions.

- A 'defending the village' type mission which is part of some interactive story like I mentioned above. A village maybe attacked but we won't know the timing or the direction and it will be upto my team to defend. We may have to pick up some clues, by interacting with villagers, about when the attack will come. Ther will be a lot of suspence before the attack comes with some much smaller attacks and false alarms. I may even take the option of attacking the attackers' base if I can find out where it is, by talking with the right people.

- An 'escaping with a prisoner' type story where I will have to escape from North Saharani to South Saharani. I may use any vehicle and stop or hide at any place I choose. We may even masquarade as North Saharani soldiers. The North Saharanis will try to hunt down my team. Talking with NPCs, for enhancing the story, will be important.

Please add the types of missions you would like to play. Thanks in advance to the mission or campaign makers who might make such missions. smile_o.gif

You don't want much do you tounge2.gif Its not hard to learn, practice makes perfect, well the more missions YOU make the better you become.. i may attempt to try something like you requested so stay tuned. in the mean time, load the editor smile_o.gif

- An 'escaping with a prisoner' type story where I will have to escape from North Saharani to South Saharani. I may use any vehicle and stop or hide at any place I choose. We may even masquarade as North Saharani soldiers. The North Saharanis will try to hunt down my team. Talking with NPCs, for enhancing the story, will be important.

I'm making something like this but without a prisoner. I'll put it on here when its done. wink_o.gif

I changed my mission too a MP or Single Player mission but the MP version is coming first.

Story: Team A

Team A[6 peeps] is on route to a castle help but some north troops they are to paradrop near the castle and eliminate them. Just after they paradrop there chopper goes down. So there objective turns into a rescue mission.

Story: Team B

Team B[6 peeps] is on route to eliminate a high ranking officer when they get the call that a blackhawk has been lost Hq doesnt no if Team A was inside the chopper at the time but when Team B and Team A get into radio contact with each other they both go to the crash site and check for survivers and blow uo the heli remains if not already blown up, then both Team A and Team B link up and attack the castle togther and then they go on and capture the City with the High ranking officer and take him captive or kill him if necessary.

going to take a few weeks to complete tho.

Personally I don't like special forces missions. And I definately don't like night missions.

I want to see more user made campaigns, infantry focused. I plan on making one myself, focusing on a single infantry platoon.

I would like to see "SIMPLE MISSIONS".

What for you ask?

For fun, for lan-party, to show other ppl that arma is not only about realism.

To say it like it is.. We need Battlefield 0815 and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter style MP maps.

- Sector Control

- Coop with just "kill the random enemy"

Just downloaded the huge Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter Update V1.35

Many nice mp modes included, perfect for the next lan-party, but I prefer to show ppl ArmA.

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

Im good at doing that biggrin_o.gif

The most fun I remember having with MP in OpFlash would have to be when me and a squad member got together, modded the old T-800 addon to be invincible, and made a script that would allow us to place infinite satchel charges (without needing to bend over and place them, you could run around tapping a button and the satchels would just plop in place)

You could also spawn vehicles, and the objective was to launch tons of vehicles across the desert island and into the opponents area, where they were tring to do the same to you.

It ended up being so much fun, that I was convinced even more fun can be had with OFP without the need for realism.  I feel the same way for Armed Assault, and I hope we see some really crazy ideas this time around.

I like to play SINGLE PLAYER missions and like INFANTRY COMBAT only, preferably special forces action. A few types of missions that I would like to see are --

[...]

Thanks in advance to the mission or campaign makers who might make such missions. smile_o.gif

You have quite detailed imaginations for your wishlist-missions.

Why don't you edit them yourself then? It is not that hard.

I think ppl are asking for specific missions because they love the thrill of unawareness. The main problem (after so many years of OpF scripting) still is that you know what to expect when you design a mission yourself. It takes time to plan, to do and afterwards the same time again to test everything. By then you can't really play it any longer and the thrill is gone.

RANDOM MISSION GENERATORS ARE THE FUTURE !!! welcome.gif

I liked a lot campaigns from Spanky-G.

Like Biological warfare and ´69 Vietnam. Those were perfect in OFP. Not too hard or too easy just balanced superb.

Is he around anymore editing stuff ?

I'd love to see a full campaign for helos only. Attack runs, drop offs, extractions, the whole shabang!

If there is no more "Longbow" games we need ArmA to be a good substitute!

Id like to see more Team A v B objective based missions. Not Coop or TDM. Something with proper objectives and with enough player slots to have huge battles ( min 40 slots ? )

Obivously the dynamic missions from DMA. With those you don't really need much else.

DMA makes you part of a conflict and that is what I want.

marcus

Some Coop missions for 40+ players would be very cool!

This evening we ran into some trouble having to decide if we either let 20+ people wait while playing a 10-20 player coop or starting a 32p C&H mission.

Well we chose playing the C&H and guess what, it was pure chaos confused_o.gif

I would like the 'kill the random enemy' too but also in SP. Enemies groups that appear in randomly different places, everytime we replay, can add a lot to the thrill of the unknown.