Sign in to follow this  
Zeinger

Harrier sound mod for ArmA

Hi there !

Well this is not really a mod but I think it worth a post.

I was bored by the vacuum sound of the harrier in ArmA so  I decided to see what I could do by myself and here is the result.

I just recorded the sound of an harrier taking off on youtube and replaced it by the defaut BIS one.

I was planning to use this  just for me but as it sounds pretty good I decided to release it.

Here is the download link on rapidshare

Have fun  smile_o.gif

Would you be interested in combining efforts to make a realistic ArmA air soundpack, I already have the AH-6 and MH-6 done, and working on the UH-60 now. Figured it might be better to do one bigger mod than a bunch for each individual aircraft.

It would be cool if you could have both the original jet engine sound and the exhaust sound that you have there going at the same time. It would be even better if you could have the exhaust sound play without the doppler effect.

Left-Skid-Low => well never thought of it before because the other air sounds are not that bad Imo but why not.

PM me if you want ti discuss it.

Big, jammydodger => thanks a lot for the mirrors  smile_o.gif

plaintiff1=> Well I don't know if it is possible, at least without a deep modification

Even if it is I am not sure to be able to do this as it will clearly asks for more abilities.

I will try to cop wth it  wink_o.gif

hi,

when i try to execute the Air.pbo, nothing happens! i did it on the way the instalation manual said!

Heh. This is why I was saying 'it would be cool if you could'. I know it's not possible in OFP- but, with the bullet cracks, maybe there's a new function in arma that allows you to play the sound with the pitch modulation.

Hi, very nice! The Harrier sounds much more real now! Very cool, thank you!

anyone know how to uninstall that cpbo.exe.. been looking everywhere..

Dont mean to be draggin this old topic up again, but i really like the look of the mod, by when i run the cpbo.exe i get this

"C/program files/ bohemia etc etc..... /cbpo.exe

Default PBO icon already exists, not overwritten

Done."

I dont think that is supposed to happen, i followed the installation guide exactly and i still have the gay default harrier sound. banghead.gif

I followed the instructions on how to modify the Harrier sound (I already kinda knew, from installing the 6th sense realism sound mod) but I still have the hoover Harrier. Or maybe I'm not noticing that much of a difference? Could be that, as I've only been playing ArmA since Friday and I'm still to familiarise myself with all the different sounds. Either way, my Harrier still sounds like a hoover lol.

P.S.

That suggestion to combine efforts to replace the other aircraft sounds is a good idea. At the moment, the Cobra sounds exactly like the Kiowa from OFP, IMO

the problem is the cpbo program, what did you do to get it to work?

* did you try to uninstall cpbo, then reinstall it on an different directory ?

* in general properties of the files is it written that this file is supposed to be opened with cpbo ?

* maybe you accidently opened air.PBO.BI instead of air.PBO ?

*did you try with an other pbo than air.pbo ?

I followed the instructions, pretty much to the letter.

As I said, I've used cpbo to do the weapon sound replacement thng too and that worked fine, so I don't know what went wrong sad_o.gif

This sounds much better than the original, sounds good smile_o.gif

I'll download this sooner or later.

Is there any news on whether BIS will be doing an official add on for the Harrier sound, it sounds rubbish.

ATTENTION!!.

Did anyone else who atempted to install this new new sound have a problem with pathcing up AIR.pbo dueing the 1.05 patch installation?huh.gif

ATTENTION!!.

Did anyone else who atempted to install this new new sound have a problem with pathcing up AIR.pbo dueing the 1.05 patch installation?huh.gif

Yes, I had problems with it. I just put the original file there for the installation and then update the game. After that, just add the new Harrier sound to patched air.pbo. smile_o.gif