Sign in to follow this  
Dallas

Clients can't see elevated objects.

I've placed alot of Wooden fences, fortresses and M2 gunners on top of alot of buildings, but only I can see it when I host my servver.

f12 setpos [ getPos f12 select 0, getPos f12 select 1, 3.2] ect.

Works perfectly for me, but noone else seems to see anything but the objects resting on ground level.

You should only use setpos on the machine local to the objects. How are you calling the setpos commands. From each objects init field or from init.sqs?

It's probably better to do it from init.sqs and check to see if it's local, before executing each command.

Not tested this with Arma, but thats how setpos worked with MP in OFP.

Thanks, Did it from each unit's init field. I'll try the other way.

I used this sometimes to place objects on tables thru object init fields and it worked in dedicated MP servers (vbs).

Might not be the case in client hosted games? Could be worth finding out smile_o.gif .

I used this sometimes to place objects on tables thru object init fields and it worked in dedicated MP servers (vbs).

Might not be the case in client hosted games? Could be worth finding out smile_o.gif .

I did that all the time with OFP 1.96 w/ FDFMOD and worked every single time in MP.

I've placed alot of Wooden fences, fortresses and M2 gunners on top of alot of buildings, but only I can see it when I host my servver.

f12 setpos [ getPos f12 select 0, getPos f12 select 1, 3.2] ect.

Works perfectly for me, but noone else seems to see anything but the objects resting on ground level.

It does not work in multiplayer like it did in OFP. This has been tested on dedicated server. You probably did see them correctly being the host on a non-dedicated server. This is concerning objects and such.

It does work in the editor and SP like it used to. I do not know why it does not work in MP.

It also seems to work on units.

"it's a ArmA cfg issue. Some objects do float and some just ignore the command." Quoted from armedassault.eu forums.

Could be that these objects need to be forced created/positioned in the Server only.

A while back a discussion touched on the subject that some ArmA commands now allowed you to create objects that ONLY the client could see. Which IS a good thing, it was near impossible in OFP.