Sign in to follow this  
5133p39

Do you want the 'Psycho Slayer' in ArmA ?

ok, since it looks like you really want it (despite it's uselessness wink_o.gif ), i'll try to finish some pre-alpha version, but you have been warned whistle.gif

And, please, don't expect anything too soon - i can't dedicate myself to it sooner than during this weekend (maybe on the Friday, but definitely not sooner than that).

I have a problem with UserActions class in config.cpp of the psycho addon.

The UserActions i defined aren't available in game - and i don't know why.

Please, help if you can, here is the topic with the problem described: class userActions - how to?

Little update.

For now, i am using the SaraLite island (the "South Sahrani" from the demo) because it's smaller than regular Sahrani, and bigger than too small Rahmadi.

I am working on the mission as i promised. And here is the current state of things:

1. it is possible to choose the time of day before the start of the mission, and the killers winning score .

2. basic AI wandering / traveling scripts.

AI is wandering around their current "population center", until they decide that they want to travel somewhere else.

When traveling, they are constantly checking for available vehicles to "steal", including unlocked police cars/motorcycles.

While traveling, the AI can be ordered to stop (if you are in a police vehicle) to check whether it isn't the killer.

3. Police vehicle radios

Added police radio messages, which are played randomly while the radio is on.

When someone kills any NPC, any player near any police vehicle with radio on, can "hear" the appropriate message (right now only text is shown, because i haven't created the sound samples yet, but the radio scripts are 99% ready).

It is not yet dependant on a alive police dispatcher, or the antenna, like it was in the old OFP version, but that's only a minor tweak which will be added later (if you want).

4. Police vehicles can be locked/unlocked,

accompanied by that annoying sound you all certainly remember from the old OFP version.

When inside a police vehicle, any player can see all cops on the map, while the civilians are shown only to the killer units.

5. presumably JIP compatible (untested)

6. Marker driven template

I reworked the "template" system, so now you can change and prepare everything by placing and changing markers (they define population centers positions and sizes, number of NPCs spawned in particular population center, parking places, respawns, etc.).

The only thing you need to edit in the scripts, are the names of cities/villages and the radio sounds on the island you want to port the mission to.

7. Nice, cozy and atmospheric shed on a little remote island for the killers to help them start.

Of course with weapon crates full of the interesting stuff.

....hmm, remote island, that reminded me about the lack of any transportation means to the mainland - i forgot to implement the onmapclick para drop script (will add later).

etc.

What is missing:

1. Need to add more playable units on the map.

And finish and test the JIP support.

2. Polish the NPC traveling script a little.

There are chunks of code which i don't like.

Especially the part responsible for handling the "stop suspect" actions.

3. Build some prison for captured killers, so they can escape from there smile_o.gif

4. Rewrite the respawn scripts a little for both the cops and killers.

5. Implement some simple scoring system.

Right now the thing can only count Civ/West killings, but something more sophisticated would be nice (any ideas?).

6. Add two triggers to end the game when all killers are captured, or when they reach the desired score.

7. Test the whole thing in MP smile_o.gif

Ah great !

Nice to see that you're working on it again smile_o.gif.

Looking forward for the (hopefully great) mission.

Good luck.

- Deafast xmas_o.gif

remote island;sounds like guatanamo bay,cuba.i am still waitin`for ya map....

banghead.gif

Are you planning on keeping the mission tied to Sara Lite, or are you going to port it to the full Sara island when you release it?

It's just that I've been trying to keep my server addon-free and it would really suck if I forced people to download an entire island just to play your mission.

Are you planning on keeping the mission tied to Sara Lite, or are you going to port it to the full Sara island when you release it?

It's just that I've been trying to keep my server addon-free and it would really suck if I forced people to download an entire island just to play your mission.

I choosed SaraLite because when you are changing things, searching for bugs, or testing, which sometimes needs constat reloading of ArmA (when testing addons), the SaraLite is loaded little quicker than big Sara.

I can't use Rahmadi because its too small, one village, one road.

But to answer your question:

No, the mission is not to be tied to any island.

The mission is nothing more than a template.

You want to port it on Sara? no problem, the only thing you need to do, is to position the "population cetner" markers according to positions of towns/villages on the big Sara.

Adding new "population centers" is done only by adding another marker (only that it needs to be named "cc_#"), same as when adding another parking places (except the name of the marker is different).

You want the killers prison somewhere else? No problem, just grab the fences and other objects it is made from, and move it elsewhere (don't forget to move the 'prison' marker also).

Do you want to position cop's respawns differently? No problem, just move the appropriate respawn marker where you want.

My plan is to complete this "template" using SaraLite, and if someone wants it on the big Sara, then he can port it easily enough himself - but, in case of Sara, i will most probably do that anyway.

The problem with Sara is that its too big to populate whole island, and still have smooth game with decent FPS and no lags.

Even to populate the SaraLite can cost much performance - currently i am testing it with 47 independent civilian units, and it's ok, but isn't 47 too small number? - even if it is enough, then we need 47 units to populate the southern Sahrani, but then we need another 50 to populate the bigger northern Sahrani on big Sara.

But i must also admit, that for now these counts are only theoretical - we have yet to see how much units we really need for this game to be playable and enjoyable.

Maybe it can be only 50 units for whole big Sara, who knows, that depends on the gameplay.

The count of NPCs should also be dependant on the number of playing killers - with more killers, there should be less NPCs, to avoid too much chaos.

So, you don't need to force people to download the SaraLite addon, BUT they still need to download my MORS_radio and MORS_ps addon which contains altered vehicles and units with added userActions, etc.

Unfortunately, it is not possible, to make this mission totally addon-free (or i don't see how to do that).

But so far, the MORS_ps is only 1MB, and MORS_radio is 5MB, and the size will remain like it is now (i don't plan adding anymore sounds, or anything, the only thing which will be changed is the config.cpp, nothing else).

I know it would be better without addons, but 6MB isn't too much.

I am also planing to redistribute the content into more addons, and then detect their presence in a local script before using some sounds, so the user wouldn't need to download all of them.

But still there allways will be at least one addon to download - the MORS_ps.

I am really looking forward to BIS releasing their "Visitor" tools, so we could soon have an island which suits better our needs.

I seen it somewhere in the forums, that someone is planning to convert the old OFP islands - that would be nice smile_o.gif

pistols.gifVersion 0.2 is available for ...testing - check the first post

yay.gif

w00t w00t again

hmmm, w00t w00t, but i see you haven't downloaded it yet! confused_o.gif

yes im at work (technicly at home for lunch) right now

soon as i get home (from actually working) its going on the server

actually ill do that now... server name is in the sig

ok its up, im assuming i put everything in the correct folder (addons in addons folder) but the server may have to be restarted for it to show up and thats out of my control till 4 hours from now.

but check it if you want, if its not on showing up it will be in a few more hours after i can restart it.

yes im at work (technicly at home for lunch) right now

soon as i get home (from actually working) its going on the server

actually ill do that now... server name is in the sig

ok its up, im assuming i put everything in the correct folder (addons in addons folder) but the server may have to be restarted for it to show up and thats out of my control till 4 hours from now.

but check it if you want, if its not on showing up it will be in a few more hours after i can restart it.

wow! great!

I think you are right, the server needs to be restarted.

i'll check after 4 hours.

I hope the mission will work - at least a little, i couldn't stand the shame if it didn't smile_o.gif

yea just checked it to make sure and it needs the restart

so ill make sure it happens very soon

Regarding the version 0.2:

I noticed, some people have already donwloaded the addons (mors_ps v0.2 (978 Kb), mors_radio v0.2 (3 MB)), but NOONE downloaded the mission file!

Do what you want to do, and download what you want only, but you need the mission to play the mission smile_o.gif

In case there was some misunderstanding:

You need all the three files to play the mission (well, clients really need only the two addons, because the mission will be downloaded from the server, but the server needs all three files, yet noone downloaded them all).

5133p39 & co:

Fast dedicated server is up:

SBP Psycho Slayer v0.2 Test

You can find all 3 needed files in the first post, SaraLite island is available from here:

http://www.arma.si/download/downloads.php?category=7

enjoy testing wink_o.gif

Thanks for this, i forgot to add a link for the SaraLite island (i am so used to using it, so i forgot that it's not part of the regular ArmA distribution).

Sorry, i haven't got time to work on it.

I need maybe few weeks, then i continue the work.

Meanwhile, please, post what you think about the first alpha. I am doing it for you, so i need your feedback, i need to know what you think.