Sign in to follow this  
WhiskeyBullets

Cheats Allready out for AA

If your new to online gaming the cheating isnt going to stop. There will allways be people out there willing to wreck the fun of others for no other reason than to create a little chaos. The best you can do is find a good server and get to know the regulars that play there. Most of these cheats are obvious when used so if there is a admin present just let them know. Spotting and removing the problem shouldnt be that big of a deal anymore. Its the same group that did this in OFP making the same cheats they used in OFP. Most the admins out there know about this and im sure still have the cheater radars turned on. I really dont see this being any bigger a problem than it was in OFP. And it wasnt that bad if you ask me. FYI, the last thread just like this got closed down....

Placebo once posted BIS-policy on cheating in ArmA then locked any thread that dared touch the subject.

Policy was basically : We will deal with it when the cheats come out, no need to worry about this now as no cheats exist.

So now is the time to start working on it BIS..cheats are out and about, thus now u can prove that your wait and see policy actually consists of more than just words.

Wouldnt want to see ArmA turn into a 2nd ofp regarding cheats.

It ended in only private coop servers being worth playing and lots of players (bout 40% by end 2004 when T*C got upto speed)leaving ofp behind thanks to it.

Your unique addon keys dont help too much when everything can be edited on the fly in the memory and no punkbuster like program scans for memory anomalies

I know there are cheats in most games, lol...I lived threw 4 years of ofp which cheats ruined resi.  sad_o.gif So to say that BIS will deal with it when the time comes will allready be to late. confused_o.gif Cheats in OFP were not that Bad? What planet did you just come from?

Don't Worry BIS have been notified of exactly what. Play Safe, i already got a banned list of players with Illegal Copies of the game. i cought them in game MP when they got the Fade Message. Same ID differnt name numerous times.

Doubt ill be seeing them on our private server anytime soon.. yay.gif

the game has only recerntly come out in various places  theres little reason to worry about this atm

BIS or some other community most liekly will respond with some counter measure anyways but in any case if ur an experenced admin u can easily work out cheaters yourslef

Funny thing how history repeats itself, i heard the same thing when the same issues happened in Resi.

Banned List = Failed

Lock Private Server = Failed

Banned IP range = Slowed them down but Failed

Checkfiles in the Server Config = Failed

So to say that its not going to be a problem is just kidding yourself icon_rolleyes.gif

The best you can do is find a good server and get to know the regulars that play there. Most of these cheats are obvious when used so if there is a admin present just let them know. Spotting and removing the problem shouldnt be that big of a deal anymore.

This is your main anti-cheat.

We can also ban cheaters and post their ID's in a public forum so that other server admins can ban them also.

Also ... if someone out there made a good spectate script for ArmA, it would be ALOT easier to catch them as well.

Placebo once posted BIS-policy on cheating in ArmA then locked any thread that dared touch the subject.

Policy was basically : We will deal with it when the cheats come out, no need to worry about this now as no cheats exist.

So now is the time to start working on it BIS..cheats are out and about, thus now u can prove that your wait and see policy actually consists of more than just words.

Wouldnt want to see ArmA turn into a 2nd ofp regarding cheats.

It ended in only private coop servers being worth playing and lots of players (bout 40% by end 2004 when T*C got upto speed)leaving ofp behind thanks to it.

Your unique addon keys dont help too much when everything can be edited on the fly in the memory and no punkbuster like program scans for memory anomalies

confused_o.gif

wtf? lol

ok..

1. The reason people can cheat is that .pbo's are editable for the fact the game is open source.

2. BIS Will "Deal With it", but only to an extent *COUGH PATHC COUGH*

3. The CD Keys are not that unique, you just edit stringtables and such.

4. Punkbuster is useless on the fact that it cant scan "Lock Off Folders"...

@ HitSqdhaXor

We used that strategy in the CTI Community between probably about 7 of the most popular servers... RN, KaoS, UN, Devgru etc... and just updated ID Ban's and IP Ban's...