Sign in to follow this  
sjaba

DVD dont run!

Hi

I have a very serious error with 3 original copies of AA, none of them will even start up in the dvd player...have tried the copies on several systems and other members of my clan have the same issue with original copies too...anyone had this issue...3 out of 6 copies turned corrupt??? it surely cant be??

Is this a copy protection error? heard a lot of stuff about probs with that!!

I have the german version, and is running the following system

w xp pro

1.5 g ram ddr

amd 3800 cpu

dual vsta motherboard

ati x1950xtx 512mb gddr4 GPU

i have tried updating firmware and so on.as per the other posts i have found...this seems to be a huge issue...with many different dvd players..

Please help ...

Sjaba

ACAT Clan leader

It´s probably an issue with Securom, but it´s really strange that you can´t access the disk at all.

Quote[/b] ]dvd player

huh.gif You mean dvd drive on computer, right ? biggrin_o.gif

The other version would be somewhat weird.

Contact german publisher, if you can´t fix it. They´re pretty

responsive.

Link is in a sticky up above.

Hm, still think it is the DVD drive firmwire. Are you 100% sure you have the latest version of your drive?

Also did you check your DVD region code?

'Default' it isn't set to any specific region. Placebo mentioned it requires to be set to 3 (if i'm not wrong) but it worked on 2 for me.

Check country DVD region.

Would be very strange ALL dvds are corrupted.

Maybe provide us with info of the dvd drive itself..old..new..speed..?

May i add something here?

1) - has been asked already: here

2) - the region code mentioned by Placebo was: 2  wink_o.gif

3) - most likely it's not being caused by a corrupt CD, but

by the hardware (see in the thread at 1).

4) - Securom cannot have any fault in case of a CD or DVD

not being recognized by a drive - think before posting  icon_rolleyes.gif

:edit - no offense meant to you Balschoiw but you should know better.

And to make it easier for you to forgive me: i had suspected

that too and also didn't think before posting in the thread

linked above, but that was out of panic due to a not installable ArmA. biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

~S~ CD

He's in Norway so I assumed his DVD drive would already be set to region 2 so didn't ask myself.

Hi

Thx for responses,its all sorted now..there was a new firmware release i overlooked banghead.gif

but strangly enough it did not work until i had fixed both 2 dvd players.

Now im ready, and we can start the fun and get ready for the Norwegian Winter Lan party in February 2007 smile_o.gif

I am having this same problem. I have updated my firmware, tried a new DVD drive that is set to region 2 and still can't get the disc to read. Are there any other things you can suggest me to try. If not I'm going to return the game and wait until a NA publisher is finally found. I don't want this to be the case as many of my unit members are already enjoying the game. In the immortal words of Princess Leia "Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope."

I had a problem when patching, which forced me to reinstall, however towards the end of the install the data on the DVD must have been currupt, it kept erroring out. Now its a long way back to prague to swap the disk, so I borrowed a DVD installed from that, and luckily the copy protection on my original is fine so it plays fine. I also made an image if I need to re-install again.

I got a new LG DVD drive and everything is beautiful now. The game installed and I have no further problems. yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

What I know so far is that ArmA seems to have problems with SAMSUNG DVD DRIVES !!

So keep away from them... and not only for ArmA, Samsung is the worth manufacturer for Drives... any many other things aswell. pistols.gif

Okai, first they use Starforce, And Securerom, and THEN the dvd-orginal-disc become unusable, WTF?