Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Dedicated Server Beta available

Latest 1.08 server.  Problem...

Server semi-locked up again for second time today.

Desync went absolutely nuts, nobody could do anything, gayspy server list lost the server again, folks still connected and playing ok, but most were lagged right out on desync hell.  Seemed that some threads were locked solid, including the gayspy one.  When used IP instead of the now missing gayspy listing the server was visible with an ENORMOUS ping, and was nobody was able to rejoin.  Even though SOME were still on there and playing.

edit: update - the problem was a big map with many players, all starting at the same time... server simply ran out of physical memory..... but surely these symptoms are a bit extreme?

@Quercus If you have 1.08 installed on your PC at home simply zip it all up and upload to your server. You dont need to install the game if your running it simply as a dedicated server. That will work.

MaxCustomFileSize = 0;

doesnt work nor 1.05 neither 1.08 versions.

Everyone can have custom faces & sounds.

MaxCustomFileSize = 0;

doesnt work nor 1.05 neither 1.08 versions.

Everyone can have custom faces & sounds.

This is for Custom sound (custom radio sound) i think.

Not for sound mod.

And custom face default limit is 100kb if i remember right..

Very nice to see BIS announcing an Arma Expansion pack to be sold while there still is no Linux server.

I'm soo tired of paying more money than this pack will cost each month for nothing.

Command "#exec ban id" rewrote whole my ban.txt and cleared all comments after id's. banghead.gifmad_o.gif

why is this still a sticky beta old shood be takeing off onley thing good in it is ds-admin Readme

Nope. But with the announced ArmA2, priorities may have changed...

Read the other thread in this subforum.

I guess with stable Win32 DS available for very long time and Linux Beta available now, this topic has lost its purpose.