Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Dedicated Server Beta available

Im getting the same error and I realy dont want to spend 2 days uploading the Arma folder from my PC to my server again.

Have fun sending another 5 gigs to a far away land. Or you could try copying one ArmA registry key after another. Or we could all beg Suma to release a stand alone package... Please? Pretty please? Please pretty please with sugar on top? Please pretty please with sugar on top and some whipped cream and a cherry?

Export your Registry key: HKEY Local Machine, Software, Bohemia Interactive and import it on the server, then retry patching.

Export your Registry key: HKEY Local Machine, Software, Bohemia Interactive and import it on the server, then retry patching.

It works, I can update like that.

Thanks I can stop my upload.

notworthy.gif

Hi, this is my first post here and I hope I havent asked a stupid question so, here it is.  I have the sprocket online download of v1.05.  It runs well and havent had a problem yet.. however i have a seperate computer i could run a server on and it has O.K. upload bandwidth 1Mbps (i think).  I checked my Arma dircetory and i cant find an Arma_server.exe or what ever the program is, or any other .exe besides the actual game.  I have checked the Wikipedia thing about dedicated servers and i cant use the "arma.exe"-server (i think) because it uses the cd key or it may ask to verify/renew my key (and dont want to risk that) and I probably cant run the client on the same network as the server.  Any ways I am basically asking how to get a 1.05 server on a seperate computer and for it to not need any verification of its key (or somthing to that effect).. though I would think this is a good thing because people would want more servers..right? I won't buy a seperat copy just to run a server and am hoping theres a program i can just install or something so i can run a server.  The game I downloaded is already 1.05 so im not really sure what to do about it not having the arma_server.exe because i cant update it or fix it and have no CD/DVD to explore.  So basically: Is there a way to install a 1.05 server on a seperate computer (on the same network) and not need a new cd key?  If it is just me missing the arma_server.exe and all i have to do is copy over my  client directory files and get the arma_server.exe then I would greatly appriciate it if someone could upload/link me to an arma_server.exe or whatever i need.  

help.gif

PS: I am a total noob as far as hosting a server on ArmA goes.. The only server experience i have is running a CS server with amxx mod and ran it with a very user friendly gui or whatever the interface is called(wich is VERY user friendly) so please explain things thuroughly because i may not be as server savy as you.

Thanks,

Federal

It's strange the download version didn't come with arma_server.exe.

Anyway, as you suspected, all you need for the server is the game directory and arma_server.exe. arma_server.exe doesnt need or check for a cdkey so you should be fine there.

Good, so its not that complicated.. anyways could someone please upload/link me to ther arma_server.exe ..maby zip or rar it and put it on their site or something..that would be great.

It would be nice if moderators could ftp it on the site and make a link to make sure it's secure... I would really like to get a server up... notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

I am assuming that the 1.05 patch that (i think) makes all versions/other release areas on the same level so that some one else's arma_server.exe (no matter what coutry it was released in though english is probably required) would not have trouble with my international sprocket downloaded version..

help.gif

PS: so just to make sure all I do is take all of my C:/program files/ Bohemia Interactive/Arma folder and (hopefully) add the arma_server.exe into the main directory and just move it to the server comp and just run it .. and it sould be ok right?

Thanks,

federal

You might also want to setup a server.cfg, you can read about that in the wiki

I already have a server config that i found on the forums that someone posted.. looks nice and i undsrstand it.

So just to clarify i copy all of my installed C:\program files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma\ into the same place on the server.  I think i also put the server.cfg in the\arma directory folder and when i (eventually) get the arma_server.exe i put that in the same \arma directory folder.. make a shortcut and make the target line "C:\program files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma\ArmA_Server.exe" -config=server.cfg

I thnk it is pretty well set up all i need to do is transfer the files.. but i see no point in transfering them without having the arma_server.exe... banghead.gif ...

I really want like to get a server running so if anyone could help me with finding the arma_server.exe that im missing.   confused_o.gif

I have the sprocket downloaded v1.05, I just got it a few days ago and cant wait to get a server up.. and also cant wait for ArmA retail DVD's to get to Canada so we can get more Canadians in this .."Amazing" game.. Ive played OFP since it first came out and ArmA is great but it would be even better if I could try my hand at hosting an ArmA server...

help.gif  help.gif PLEASE HELP !! help.gif  help.gif

Thanks,

Federal

very strange that u do not have a server.exe in your arma directory??

mine was in there??

do u have xfire/msn??

if so pm me and i will give it to ya through HFS! smile_o.gif

Thanks. Its up and running.. no problems.. and it's now running fine.. i've had some people join so I now know its open to the internet.  

notworthy.gif   notworthy.gif  yay.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  

Many thanks,

Federal

Well, I don't know what I am doing wrong but we had the server running fine using the 1.04 beta, then after the 1.5 patch we were getting missing object errors so I tried copying the ArmA_Server.exe file and that didn't help, then I tried the registry solution (as posted a couple of pages back) and that hasn't helped - I get the error "Armed Assault noty installed or your version is corrupted" when I try running the patch.

I even tried overwriting the ArmA_Server.exe file with the old 1.04 beta version and then running the patch again, but I get the same error.

Any ideas? I really don't want to copy masses of modified data files my game directory up to the server every time a patch is released (if I had a massive upload speed I wouldn't need a dedicated server in the first place :P).

Just wanted to say REALLY NICE WORK ON THE SERVER.EXE!!!

it ran very smooth all day yesterday with anywhere from 15 to 50+ people... all kinds of buildings destroyed, hackers with some hack that destroys things very quickly (didnt phaze the server)..

i prolly got around 10 connection issues all day but none ever lasted more than 10 secs and it might have been due to the connection its on anyway

now.. can we get a remote admin tool please please please?

Is permanent mode available in the current server exe ? if so how do you use it, and how do i get a map to load and run with the server when its started?

Also is there a switch to allow vote map, but not vote admin ?

thanks.

Hallo,

I need a little help, or hint how to make the server up and running:

I D/L, patched up, make it use config.cfg, all the stuff.

The problem starts when somebody wants to join the server, the joining message ends up with connecton failed.

I have the server_Arma executable allowed on firewall and UDP ports 2302,2303,2304 and 2305 forwarded in both directions to the machine on the router.

My observations:

1. The server listens on 2304 altough there is rule port, port+1 and port+3 typed in the readme.

2. Sometimes the server does listen briefly on completely different port (like 3799)

3. There is a communication going on on port 2302, so firewall issue is virtually eliminated.

My feeling about it is that the server does register itself on Gamespy, but for some reason does not accept any other connections on UDP 2302.

Any idea what I made wrong?

Is permanent mode available in the current server exe ? if so how do you use it?

Yes, it's available and works. You enable the use of it with the server config option called persistent. It's all documented in the Biki: server.cfg

That page also tells you what kind of respawn you need in a mission to make use of the persistent game world feature.

Quote[/b] ]...and how do i get a map to load and run with the server when its started?
This might be doable using the startup parameter -init, which at the time of this writing is only vaguely described here.
Quote[/b] ]Also is there a switch to allow vote map, but not vote admin ?
AFAIK, no.

Cant set Veteran mode as default. Every time, when admin choose a map, he need switch Regular to Veteran button. I try to edit X:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\ArmA\username.ArmAProfile and add these strings

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class Difficulties

{

class veteran

{

class Flags

{

HUD=1;

HUDWp=1;

HUDWpPerm=1;

WeaponCursor=1;

ClockIndicator=1;

3rdPersonView=0;

Tracers=1;

UltraAI=0;

};

skillFriendly=0.850000;

skillEnemy=0.850000;

precisionFriendly=0.850000;

precisionEnemy=0.850000;

};

class regular

{

class Flags

{

Armor=1;

FriendlyTag=0;

EnemyTag=0;

HUD=1;

HUDPerm=1;

HUDWp=1;

HUDWpPerm=1;

AutoSpot=1;

Map=1;

WeaponCursor=1;

AutoGuideAT=0;

ClockIndicator=1;

3rdPersonView=0;

Tracers=1;

UltraAI=0;

AutoAim=0;

UnlimitedSaves=1;

};

skillFriendly=0.750000;

skillEnemy=0.600000;

precisionFriendly=0.750000;

precisionEnemy=0.600000;

};

};

difficulty="veteran";

difficultyMP="veteran";

and it doesnt help also.

Anyone know some secret words for it?

Has anyone tested 1.05.?huh.gif beta server.exe yet?

Can it be run separately over the top of a 1.05, as you can in client side?

Has anyone tested 1.05.?huh.gif beta server.exe yet?

Can it be run separately over the top of a 1.05, as you can in client side?

I have. See my thread in troubleshooting for some help.

Ok. Just bought and d/l'd the game, but it doesn't install arma_server.exe. So, I d/l the beta mentioned in OP, but the patch will not run because the version of the .exe is current, and I can't connect (I assume due to version conflicts since there are no error msgs. oterh than "connection failed") So, how is one supposed to run a dedicated server on d/l version?

I like the game, but not enough to buy a second copy, and the lack of being able to run a dedicated server is a definate draw back.

Sights are worse, connection is better. Missions are prone to lock-ups, servers using 1.07 are usually faulty..

Wrong path, try 107a

Can nobody answer my question about the dedicated server files?

I have a dedicated server running on a remote host that worked with 1.04 but I can't get 1.05 to work.

I can't install the 1.05 patch even after using the registry hack because it says the installation is either missing or corrupt.

Any ideas?

Maybe I should just delete everything, install the last dedicated server file, try the registry hack again and try the 1.05 patch but I have to say not supporting the game by releasing new server files every time a new patch is released is really poor.