Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Dedicated Server Beta available

Quote[/b] ]anyone got netlog working yet?

i started another thread about but nothing, figured i might as well post in here as well

u will never get it to work. netlog not supported with arma sad_o.gif

according to the latest release it is, if u read down the list of bug fixes it quite clearly states

Quote[/b] ]1.02 - Fixed: Command line options -world, -noland and -netlog enabled.

so i ask again, has anyone got it working, or more to the point found out in which folder the log is created

also has anyone had any joy with this new switch?

Quote[/b] ]disableVoN=0

and would i be right in thinking that to disable VON it should be

Quote[/b] ]disableVoN=1

as i hate VON when i'm allready using TS

also has anyone had any joy with this new switch?
Quote[/b] ]disableVoN=0

and would i be right in thinking that to disable VON it should be

Quote[/b] ]disableVoN=1

as i hate VON when i'm allready using TS

Ehrrr I think I've seen many that use this feature yes...

Whats the problem in just enabling it and checking the result?

sorry if it was asked and answered already (searched and did not found)

When I have dedicated server beta v 1.01 and want to upgrade it to 1.02, do I have to update all files also?

What data files (pbos) is needed to run server?

Quote[/b] ]Name: ArmAInteractive Server #1

IP: 64.34.162.111

Port: 2302

Server Type:

Dual AMD Opteron 265 (Dual Core) Processors(4 CPUs)

2GB PC3200 Registered ECC Memory

100Mbit dedicated port

Server Load:

Map: 06: Seize the Base (Coop 20)

# of conneections: 15

Island: Sara

Wed Dec 13 17:57:54 +0100 2006

Mem FP Usage: 112,544K

CPU (1): 25%

Networking 2.5% of 100mbps

We plan on loading this beast up within the next couple days, i will report more then

i wouldnt really call that a beast for arma when u cant use all 4 cpu's on it. and what use is 4 cpu's on a single theaded game. you gonna need to lock arma to one cpu. you gonna have big lag probs if you run it on all 4 cpu's lol

be awesome for distributed apps though

seti

folding@home

etc

etc

We run a different instance of the server on the different processors. Currently we have three instances running as smooth as butter :-). The only potential bottleneck we have right now is the ram which is only pushing 800megs with all three servers running 12-30 people each.

Quote[/b] ]Quote (RN Escobar @ Dec. 14 2006,19:12)

Quote (brit~XR @ Dec. 14 2006,22:24)

Name: ArmAInteractive Server #1

IP: 64.34.162.111

Port: 2302

Server Type:

Dual AMD Opteron 265 (Dual Core) Processors(4 CPUs)

2GB PC3200 Registered ECC Memory

100Mbit dedicated port

Server Load:

Map: 06: Seize the Base (Coop 20)

# of conneections: 15

Island: Sara

Wed Dec 13 17:57:54 +0100 2006

Mem FP Usage: 112,544K

CPU (1): 25%

Networking 2.5% of 100mbps

We plan on loading this beast up within the next couple days, i will report more then

i wouldnt really call that a beast for arma when u cant use all 4 cpu's on it. and what use is 4 cpu's on a single theaded game. you gonna need to lock arma to one cpu. you gonna have big lag probs if you run it on all 4 cpu's lol

be awesome for distributed apps though

seti

folding@home

etc

etc

We run a different instance of the server on the different processors. Currently we have three instances running as smooth as butter :-). The only potential bottleneck we have right now is the ram which is only pushing 800megs with all three servers running 12-30 people each

well its nice server. just a shame arma aint muti theaded. u must be rich lol i saw da price of that server :P id rather go with a core 2 duo E6600 with ddr2 ram which u can get alot less if u look in the right prices.

also dont get why some game servers providers put ECC Ram on server which is error checking ram which is more for web servers. my server came with ECC ram but demanded they change it to normal pc3200 ram tounge2.gif

anyway its a nice server and i would of gone with server like that if arma was muti theaded as i would only plan to run 1 game server on it but its idear for u or anyone who wants to run 2 or 3 servers and its Opteron like mine biggrin_o.gif just waiting for the dedicated linux exe to come out so i can see how it runs on arma. figers crossed i dont have to wait to long lol

Anyone have a good list of parameters for the config file? Specifically I am looking to disable 3rd person, disable the crosshairs, and limit the viewdistance.

If anyone has a link to a good resource that has all of the parameters, please let me know.

Thanks

there is some info further forward in this thread about turning third off on your server.

you basically have to alter the ArmaProfile that your server is using and setup the difficulty level that want, not 100% about setting VD though, but i know that on our server we haev tweaked it so that n vet mode, there is no third and no extended map info.

if u can't find it PM me and i'll try and help you out, i can send you our server profile which might point you in the right direction

Esco

Thanks man, I eventually figured it out. I really dont understand why there isnt any official documentaiton on this though. I sort of understand why this has to be done manually, but it is a bit convoluted.

yes, i agree, seeing as this community relies on publically run server, instead of BIS owned pay2play server, you would think that they would offer a lil more support to the people that run the servers.

we will see what happens in the next few weeks now that they have a wordwide demo relesaed and the 505 release not so far away.

maybe we will get a few things sorted out, now they have some spare time (LOL)

if u haven't found it yet check what its called in your game

i.e. difficulties tab in options, change it and see what its written in your playerprofile, then just copy it out and across to your server profile

looks something like this

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class Difficulties

{

class regular

{

class Flags

{

Armor=1;

FriendlyTag=1;

EnemyTag=0;

HUD=1;

HUDPerm=1;

HUDWp=1;

HUDWpPerm=1;

AutoSpot=1;

Map=1;

WeaponCursor=1;

AutoGuideAT=1;

ClockIndicator=1;

3rdPersonView=1;

Tracers=1;

UltraAI=0;

AutoAim=0;

UnlimitedSaves=1;

};

skillFriendly=0.750000;

skillEnemy=0.600000;

precisionFriendly=0.750000;

precisionEnemy=0.600000;

};

class veteran

{

class Flags

{

HUD=1;

HUDWp=1;

HUDWpPerm=1;

WeaponCursor=1;

ClockIndicator=1;

3rdPersonView=0;

Tracers=1;

UltraAI=0;

};

skillFriendly=0.850000;

skillEnemy=0.850000;

precisionFriendly=0.850000;

precisionEnemy=0.850000;

};

i would guess its the friendlytag and enemytag that u want to play with, don't forget u can set cadet and vet mode independantly

p,s, did u find view distance?

same file

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">viewDistance=1200;

i should've realsied it would be in there

Hmmm, strange. I imagine the friendly tags are turned on via the FriendlyTag=1; line, but for some reason it isnt and it is causing some confusion. I basically recopied the stock profile over my other one to try to start from scratch and it still isnt enabled. I looked on my personal machine to see if I have it disabled and I don't. Any thoughts?

Oh, and I did find the view distance, thank you very much smile_o.gif

1.02 Deddy released......
Win32 Dedicated Server Beta 1.02.5103

==============================

IMPORTANT: This is version 1.02 and please note that it needs full data update from client version 1.02 and it is not compatible with clients versions 1.00 and 1.01

Public Dedicated Server Betaversion for ArmA is available from

Bohemia Interactive's ftp server

See included rtf file for more information, the usage is similar to Operation Flashpoint servers.

The server should be compatible with all language versions of ArmA.

If people can give us some data feedback that would be very useful, cpu load, mem usage, numbers of people etc. etc.

crazy_o.gif I can't seem to get the dedicated server to work?

Running 1.02 server on Windows XP Home Edition. ArmA demo 1.03.

P4 Intel 2.6 Ghz

1 Gig of ram

Getting error message: "No entry '.profilePathDefault'."

Please kill the banana! pistols.gif die yay.gif

Has anyone figured out how to keep the dedicated server from dropping from the gamespy list? A restart is the only method that works, but I hate to do it when the server has people on it.

I have the master server pointed to correctly in my dedicated cfg.

Has anyone figured out how to keep the dedicated server from dropping from the gamespy list?  A restart is the only method that works, but I hate to do it when the server has people on it.

I have the master server pointed to correctly in my dedicated cfg.

Heya,

We don't have the reportingip specified in our configs, and we never seem to fall off the server list, except that sometimes the list just isn't complete on the clients, and if you refresh 1-2 times, some missing servers popup again. Did you try removing the whole reportingip setting from the config?

Well, my server is very stable at the moment "[CTU] Fun Server"

but we need a dedi server fix for the audio issues (not being able to hear other players shoot etc) And the helicopter AI is also awful.

thats an ArmA issue not a dedicated server issue

bugs in the game will also be in the dedi

actually if you look at the BIS wiki, the no sound issue is 99% a dedicated issue.

Hi Maverick,

Please make ban by IP available!!!!!!!!!

Although BIS could spend time working on "ban by IP" functionality, it's fair to say that it's really not so difficult to implement with simple firewall software. Under Linux it's very straight forward but we have also done it successfully on some of our older M$-Windows OFP servers as well. Of course, the tricky part is establishing the IP address of the idiot to be banned but that's another story wink_o.gif In an ideal world the log/netlog functionality would be compiled back into the dedicated server code and the log file output would include the IP address, as well as the ID, of each player that connects.

Personally I'd rather BIS spent their valuable time working on stability issues and optimising server performance.

Just my 2d's

wombat

--

[LOL] "Send in the clowns..."

http://www.nakedsquid..com