Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Dedicated Server Beta available

//MaxMsgSend=;

//MaxSizeGuaranteed=;

//MaxSizeNonguaranteed =;

Hey guys need ya Help.What shall I put in these Bandwith Settings ?

Server has an dedicated 1000Mbit Line@ Backbone.

whistle.gif

@ Dec. 29 2006,21:00)]it's really not so difficult to implement with simple firewall software.

I know. But there are some problems with it. My provider does not give me an access to the server and I can't control firewall.

I think it is not difficult to make ban by IP in the game engine. I don't understand the reason that it is not available. All famous net games have it.

ID can be changed easily, so ban by ID is not the answer...

sorry for bad eng...

@ Dec. 29 2006,21:00)]it's really not so difficult to implement with simple firewall software.

I know. But there are some problems with it. My provider does not give me an access to the server and I can't control firewall.

I think it is not difficult to make ban by IP in the game engine. I don't understand the reason that it is not available. All famous net games have it.

ID can be changed easily, so ban by ID is not the answer...

sorry for bad eng...

IP can be changed easily too ... dynamics IPs , spoofing w/e ...

yet i agree optionable IP banning could help

well done UID is key ...

IP can be changed easily too ... dynamics IPs , spoofing w/e ...

That's why it is necessary to make ban by IP mask, f.e. 1.1.0.0-1.1.255.255 ...

But we have a net in the provider's zone with IPs 10.10.*.*, so it can't be changed.

One thing that drives me crazy with the dedicated is that I have to take the server down if I want to upload updated mission files. The server locks all mission files once it starts so I can't delete any of them to upload updates.

Is there a way around this issue, or is it just a bug? I make a lot of missions for my server and I HATE it when I have to upload a simple fix when there's people on the server because I have to turn off the dedicated console.

One thing that drives me crazy with the dedicated is that I have to take the server down if I want to upload updated mission files.

I hear your pain, because i do also suffer with that nasty bug. It use to be like that in OFP but later, dont remember on wich patch, they fixed it.

Its really annoying, specially when doing tests, having mission1,mission2, mission3, etc......... ugh icon_rolleyes.gif

Does anyone know how to get the IP nr from the ppl that connect to my dedi server?? So if they make truble i just block thier IP in my firewall?? Maybe a diffrent program or sumthing the reg all connection??

And if sumone knows a script for auto kick players if thier ping is to high plz tell me how. It was better in OFP because then u saw all ppls ping in the lobby but now when they can join in at anytime its harder. I know Bf2 has it and there must be a way here to but i dont know how. Been searching for weeks now..  

thnx

u used to be able to use netlog, which would tell u all that information about players connecting, then u could choose to ban them by IP or by ID.

but BIS has seen fit to take all that usefull information away from server owners, and replace it with totally useless information.

as it stands the only way to get the IP's of players connected is to a third party program, a port sniffer, and have it watch the ports used by the game.

even then u pretty much have to be in the game to know whats going on and whose causing trouble.

its pretty poor for the server owners ATM

//MaxMsgSend=;

//MaxSizeGuaranteed=;

Hey guys need ya Help.What shall I put in these Bandwith Settings ?

Server has an dedicated 1000Mbit Line@ Backbone.

whistle.gif

Look here

For whatever reason, we can't seem to keep our Retail Server up and running but the demo server runs perfectly.

The server seems to run fine for aywhere between 2 - 5 minutes then stops responding.

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with OFP Servers and this is my first experience with ArmA at a server level so I'm basically learing as I go.

We're running the game in a Windows Environment and it is patched to 1.02 on the latest dedicated server.exe so I'm lost as to what the issue may be.

Anyone else experience issues or am I just a complete idiot?

Thanks,

Ken

//MaxMsgSend=;

//MaxSizeGuaranteed=;

Sure I can read... the Server Documentation,but I dont know how much maxsize or msg send I have to put in...... The Documentation talks about 1Mbit Sym. Server,but whats about 100Mbit ? 1000Mbit?

:wall:

I see no reason to shutdown and restart a server, while ur testing maps...

You can upload them as v1.2 v1.3 v1.4 etc, just change the missionname in game, and the filename doesn't really matter at all! Then when ur server is empty you can do a quick restart while deleting the other mission versions, don't really see the problem in it, other than that it indeed is annoying smile_o.gif

I think they did it to test the files at server startup/mission assignment so you get errors/problems right away, but since you can still add other missions that might even be incomplete/bugged, I don't see any reasons why they would keep the read files locked, maybe they can disable it in next updates smile_o.gif

I am not sure if I played the demo or the beta or if they are the same thing. I think it was the demo but is that considered beta? (Noob question I know). Anywho just my feedback on the multiplayer part. The game plays great I am having a blast and I have never played Operation Flashpoint before.

Concerns: Its a little buggy

I was looking forward to massive battles (so far it only goes up to 60) and the biggest game I have seen was 16/18 or 17/18 that really dissipointed me.

More feedback later.

I think 50% of all Arma Players dont want really big Battles like 60,100 or 150 Players like Joint Operations.They want fine COOP Maps to Play with their Homies.And 10-20 Players on a COOP Gameserver/Teamspeak-Channel is enough too have a lot of Fun.Otherwise you have to Play Arcade-Battlefield or Something like that.And for sure, it have a lot of Bugs.Time without nasty Bugs will come....

pistols.gif

hey i'd love to have both biggrin_o.gif When SWAF gets their gameserver we will have at least one open to the public.. so nice massive games will be great fun! As well as smaller maps. Thats the beauty of BIS games wink_o.gif

hey i'd love to have both biggrin_o.gif When SWAF gets their gameserver we will have at least one open to the public.. so nice massive games will be great fun! As well as smaller maps. Thats the beauty of BIS games wink_o.gif

...and that's exactly why LOL has provided Circus (fun) and Majors (co-op) servers to provide facilities for both camps. Having said that, [LOL] BigTop (ArmA Demo server) is the busiest at the moment. If only the CTI map was working...

wombat

--

[LOL] "Send in the clowns..."

http://www.nakedsquid..com

Im a massive battle kind of guy but, I like the option of small battles too. I like it mixed if you know what I mean and I hope that the other 50% will want big battles with me too and the other 50% i will also join them in some Co Op fun biggrin_o.gif

Hi people!! i have some dudes about the dedicated server.

Im thinking to run a decidated server for the arma demo and i was wondering if it is posible.

What should be the minium requirimients? and runs in linux???

Thanks very much!

Quote[/b] ]Hi people!! i have some dudes about the dedicated server.

Im thinking to run a decidated server for the arma demo and i was wondering if it is posible.

Thanks very much!

If you look closely, up in the right side of your browser theres a button called Search.

Quote[/b] ]Hi people!! i have some dudes about the dedicated server.

Thanks very much!

If you look closely, up in the right side of your browser theres a button called Search.

Wow I never knew these forums had such features rofl.gif

Thanks! yay.gif

Does the BETA 1.02.5103 work whit the arma demo or not??

i think it will not as that for the full version of ArmA which is 1.02

where the demo is 1.03

Hi

I'wondering why the win dedicated server is released before a linux dedicated one.

The cost to run officially a M$ server is far too high for people.

I'm sure there's a lot of linux server.

So why win before tux ?....

(you've understood : I won't pay for a server as I can run linux server almost freely ! and I'm waiting for this great game !! wink_o.gif )

s u soon, folks !

Im having problems turning of VON. I have the switch:-

disableVoN=

in my config, and had it set to 1 and 0 but nether appear to stop players using the games VON function on our server.