Sign in to follow this  
Samu_ofp

"Data file too short 'addons\voice.pbo'"

Hello,

this is the message that I get when I try to start the ArmA. I have activated the copy, and when i start the game, always get this message, and can't play.

I have the German downloaded version 1.01, and i haven't installed the translation to english, or any other modification. I have installed the DirectX 9.0c, and the developers version too (because I get another error message, telling me that a .dxll file wasn't installated, this was solucionated).

My computer have this specifications:

Pentium 4, 2,4Mhz

1Gb Ram

ATI Radeon 9100

I apreciate any help, thanks.

The Radeon 9100 IGP is an onboard gfx chip, and handles up to DirectX 8.1.

I'm afraid but you won't be able to play ArmA with this thing.

Anyone feel free to beat me with a stick when I am wrong.

Thanks for the reply, but I have played another games that needs the DirectX 9.0c wihout problems?

In other forums, one guy say me that he got the same problem, and he solutioned it by extracting the voice.pbo directly from the CD. The problem is that i have the download version, so I can't open the exe(1gb) file, or the bin file(1,6gb), that comes in the download. I have tried with the winace, and the ultraiso, but they can't open this bin file. Someone knows how to extract the file manualy? I have reinstalled the game, but nothing new occurs. Now I'm trying to download another time the game, for see if the downloaded files are corrupted. I have send a message to the online shop, but i haven't get yet a reply. Support 7 days to week... whistle.gif

My addons\voice.pbo is 163Mb, yours?

If I can start the game, and it goes very low with the 9100 I will change the video card, or the computer, but after of pay a lot of money, I want to know if I can start the game.

Thanks.

Your card will not even start the game because it doesn't support pixel shader 2.0

Hello,

I have solutioned the error by downloading the game another time, thanks. But now I get another error messages:

Cannot create 3D device:

Adapter 0 (Radeon 9100 Series) Fullscreen

Resolution 800x600, format X8R8G8B8/A8R8B8/D24S8, refresh 75zh

Error D3DERR_INVALIDcall

This is why my card is too old?

Sorry, I haven't read the post of the Geforce4. So I will have to buy a new card. Wich recommend you with a good price/quality relation from ATI?

Quote[/b] ]"Data file too short 'addons\voice.pbo'"

Was a error of the language patcher you used.

The rest about your gfx card was explained above.

I didn't use any translation patch or mod. It was a corrupted download. I have a friend that gets the same problem. Now the problem is to expend a lot of money buying a new PC sad_o.gif .

Thanks.

I get Data file too short 'addons\anims.pbo'. sad_o.gif

Any help would be great.

I think I will change the entire computer. I will see if I can pay the 850, thanks S.O.S.

cooee, you have the download version? If so, try to download another time it, and reinstall.