Sign in to follow this  
Sled88

Open BIS models?

Does anybody know how to open the BIS Units with ODOL or something else..? Want to change the textures and remove helmet from the units ect... Would be cool! smile_o.gif

EDIT: F*** wrong forum...

Yes, you be able to do that once the tools are released. You can use this to get an idea on how things are done or to base new addons on it. However, once you unpbo any of the bis files and you pack them again they wont be signed any more. this means once ArmA is released in all countries and servers will enable "verify signature" you wont be able to join that server with modded bis files or unsigned files.

(well, that's how I understood it anyway being a german and all...) wink_o.gif

Yes, you be able to do that once the tools are released.

I wouldn't count on that...

We will most likely be in the same situation for ArmA as we were for OFP. That is that the tools (i.e. O2 "2") will only be able to open the "MLOD" or un-optimised models, while all the finalised content is in ODOL format (as can be seen in the p3d header).

I'm thinking that we'll be in the same situation as before, in that we will rely on a community member/group to create a tool capable of handling the new ODOL p3d format.

Would be smarter though to release MLOD versions of their models sooner now, because when they released a batch of their OFP models it really was too late (OFP was like 3,5 years old or something) confused_o.gif

Looking at good models/textures teaches people more about getting the their work as optimized/ready as possible more then any tutorial will.

hope they do release the new tools soon huh.gif