Driving over people.

It'd certainly make human infantry players "realistically"

wary of the damn things when they start moving  

("friendly" tanks I mean).  wink_o.gif

Although I do I recall on one (real life) ex. many years

ago some British infantrymen trying to stop a US tank

column (simulating the red horde) by lying down

in the road...   whistle.gif

How you ever seen how fast a tank can go?!

Watch the Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRGgGgaK1BU

I think a M1A2 top speed is 45mph can't rememeber, but its clearly more then enough to run a person over and kill, and thus you should be able to kill someone in ArmA by running them over with a tank...

I'm sure they missed this in the game cause tanks aren't normally used to run ppl over to kill so I don't blame them, but it should be fixed ASAP. If I rememeber correctly with BF2 when it was first released it was kinda the same only opposite, the slightest bump to a person and their completely dead icon_rolleyes.gif

Yeap,I remember getting a LOT of Tk's this way,nothing like rounding a corner in an abrams and suddenly an allied soldier is right there and WHAM,you barely tap his pinko toe and his body spasms as he dies. They fixed this later but you couldn't really kill a soldier by running them over at high speed,now they would just clip to your vehicle and you'd move them,you have to move the vehicle around risk loosing them. Oddly enough could kill them if you did so at a decreased speed,almost immediatly,not to mention after that,a team mate could jump onto a tank turret or car hood and just right along without dieing most of the time,but they did stay clipped to the tank until they moved off.

@ bravo6 rofl.gif

gunner: Commander! There is a humvee in our way and they won't move!

Commander: Use the horn!

Gunner: Right! *BOOM* *kablooy* .......I forgot we don't have a horn..

This is probably just a collision system having a bit trouble with vehicles at high speeds,unless they cannot run you over at all,I'm sure it will be solved in a patch or two.

LOL... biggrin_o.gif

how true!

Well it's not like its completely asking for too much of this realism, i mean running someone over with a tank seems like its a pretty easy fix and could easily be put into the next patch [if they do get a heads up about the problem]

Sure, I'm not saying that this particular problem can't be easily fixed in a future patch and it probably will be.

I just get irritated when people say something like "this game claims to be realistic but X, Y and Z aren't like that in the real world." smile_o.gif It's relative, and as games go Arma does the best all round job of reflecting the real world better than any game to date. Instead of finding the areas where Arma doesn't match the real world they should step back and recognise the number of areas that do. tounge2.gif

LOL... biggrin_o.gif

how true!

hihi ^^

implement a horn on tanks. rofl.gif

I could be wrong but I think some armies actually run over their soldiers in tanks,not running over with treads of course but running them over so they are under the bellies..I forget if its true or why they do it.

I was runned over by a T55 during my year in FDF. The idea was to play dead or something and wait until the track was less den 1 m in front of you, then you were out of sight of the crew and could roll under (or to the side) of the tank. When you were out on the other side you rolled on your back and popped the commander if he was turned out. That was the theory....

But I suppose they had us do the excercise for the mental part too. It didnt bother me seeing the tracks coming for me nor laying under the belly. But I suppose it wouldnt be so nice if the crew didnt want you to survive....

I have only seen someone that has been run OVER once and that was by a train. It more ran...through...them. As far as cars go, people hit by cars are usually killed by the trauma of the impact and are thrown clear.

Now as far as being run OVER, I watched someone fall out the back of a moving convertable but they didn't really get run over. they more or less were dragged under a car for a bit.

I can't expect that kind of physics in Armed A, but I should expect that skin and bones will lose any encounter with a swiftly moving 40 ton tank.

LOL... biggrin_o.gif

how true!

Most tanks don't have horns, and as far as I know, the only warning device to be implemented on them were sirens and that was in WW2.

well IRL the sound might be covered by the sound of engine and tracks, so that wont brother me

running over ppl with the old OFP style seems to be good however

commander: CHARGEEEEEEEEEEH!!!

*the tank squad charge to enemy*

10 secound later

gunner: sir i couldnt find any remaining enemy bodys

commander: WTF!? biggrin_o.gif

Hmm..if I had to hear a scream I'd rather have it moreso like in the game "007 Goldeneye" Anybody remember that? The level,the streets,where if you backtrace you can find a tank and drive it,and whenever you ran over people they would scream and you would hear them gettin squished....I doubt we will see anymore of that in games.