Sign in to follow this  
DieAngel

anybody up for making a merkava 4?

the Israelian Military industry makes about the most high tech weapons in the world, i was wondering if someone was up for making a merkava tank or other of their stuffs?

damn didn't notice that part, do they plan to let us rot for long?

lol

word on the street (cant believe I just said that) is that they're going to wait till after the 505 release is completed... although I cant recall if this was officially comfirmed or given as a general guide.

the Israelian Military industry makes about the most high tech weapons in the world, i was wondering if someone was up for making a merkava tank or other of their stuffs?

I would say IMI make the most practical weapons for the environment they serve in.

I wouldnt say "the most advanced" but hey I am splitting hairs smile_o.gif

Looking forward to the tools biggrin_o.gif

Hey, i got a lot of IDF models on my PC, i'm also working with the Lost Brothers mod so that explains it crazy_o.gif .

Here are couple of things for you, untill the tools are out we can't do much but when they will come, stay tuned wink_o.gif .

Merkava 4

7me2.jpg

Merkava 3D "Baz"

mk3baz2ht9.jpg

enjoy.

Nice, i was reading smt about it but im not really tank expert so i will ask in the most simplest way : Does it own ?

Hey, i got a lot of IDF models on my PC, i'm also working with the Lost Brothers mod so that explains it crazy_o.gif .

Here are couple of things for you, untill the tools are out we can't do much but when they will come, stay tuned wink_o.gif .

nice nice, you made it?

what reference files did you use for it?

and what software? (i am used to 3dsmax)

I used 3dsmax to model them, for reference i used photos and sources i got from lets say, "some" people xmas_o.gif .

Anyway, these models aren't 100% correct, i need to remodel them when i will get the chance.

someone has any idea how "complex" can the interiors be?

you have to model it as part of the tank itself or is it something separate?

i saw you can have working gauges and gyro on copters, but anything else? like having moving parts inside for the gun reloading, or doors/hatch that open, control screen about the outside, etc, etc... i have many ideas.

Hey everyone, about the Merkava project, i had some progress with the new hull for the Merkava 3B model, it will be featured in the LoBo mod for ArmA.

Basically i remodeled the hull entirely and modeled a new 120mm gun that looks more like the gun on the Merkava 3 and 4 variants

2gs5.jpg

4ya8.jpg

Enjoy.

Hi, a pimp addition to the tanks, IFV's, CFV's, helicopters and even the planes, will be to make 'em splitt the empty shells by where each vehicle will do it; like the PSC BTR-T's 1.1 or a T-72/T-90 tanks pack that were released for the OFP some time ago. Later on RHS or ORCS released a version 1.1 of those tanks under they'r tag and that required they'r 27Mb tank crew units. But anyway... that will help to scare other players and will be a pimp thing to see in game. Let's C ya

Nice, i was reading smt about it but im not really tank expert so i will ask in the most simplest way : Does it own ?

It has its engine up front, so the crew is protected by all the machinery up there. It has clamshell doors in the back, where the engine on most tanks are, so the crew can enter and exit without being exposed to hostile fire. There is a compartment in the back that can be used to transport a limited number of troops or extra ammunition. It has a unique modular armour system where the armour is made up of pieces that interlock tightly, but may be replaced if damaged. It has one of those huge 120mm guns that seems to be the optimum calibre for tanks these days... on the downside it's so freaking huge that it can't be transported, so Merkavas can't be easily deployed to anywhere but home, or to places within driving distance.

Does it own?

Say again?

48q88ixiv0.jpg

1105188401a383b0fbbovr6.jpg

This is the most weirdest thing i ever heard dude, a tank that can't be transported (except from the German 'Maus").

does anyone has some nice inside shots? would be neat if we could have working screens and all inside.

I always found that the insides where lacking a bit of detail in OFP, same think in ArmA

"This is the most weirdest thing i ever heard dude, a tank that can't be transported (except from the German 'Maus"). "

I'm sure they could transport the Maus!

So long as they had two trucks running side by side perfectly syncronized! wink_o.gif

does anyone has some nice inside shots? would be neat if we could have working screens and all inside.

I always found that the insides where lacking a bit of detail in OFP, same think in ArmA

I don't think you will see any good pictures of the interior of these tanks, although i do have photos of the interior but of the Merkava 3 tank.

Pictures like these are taken very seriously by the IDF because they are still "classified" information.

sheesh, i guess accurate interiors won't be there anytime soon hm?

"This is the most weirdest thing i ever heard dude, a tank that can't be transported (except from the German 'Maus"). "

I'm sure they could transport the Maus!

So long as they had two trucks running side by side perfectly syncronized! wink_o.gif

The German maus tank was around 200 metric tons, so i guess he's right though...