Sign in to follow this  
Novusordo

Realism soundpack v1.0

@Novusordo

Hey, whats up dude? Are you working on a new Realism Sound Version?? I don't hear any news about that. I really like the sounds.. wink_o.gif

i dont have enough sounds to start on the opfor i'm afriad. i'll be updating the soundpack to be compatible with the new 1.02 patch very soon.

Isnt there a easier way to install this 'soundpack' huh.gif

I Like playing a game on my pc, but i dont know a lot about doing the things like u read in the 'readme' to install this 'soundpack'.

Its beyond my knowledge about computers.

I've been trying, but it doesnt work. I must be doing things wrong.

No easy to use 'install.exe' u can make?

Isnt there a easier way to install this 'soundpack' huh.gif

I Like playing a game on my pc, but i dont know a lot about doing the things like u read in the 'readme' to install this 'soundpack'.

Its beyond my knowledge about computers.

I've been trying, but it doesnt work. I must be doing things wrong.

No easy to use 'install.exe' u can make?

use the cpbo.exe .

open a command line , and type cpbo -e filename.pbo

then , overwrite the old file with news 's one and repack the pbo.

it's easy

Yes it does sounds easy. I'll try it.

THANKS

OK, I've got serious problem with cpbo.

I open the executable than CMD window will pop up for about half of second, so I can't read what's there and than it will shut down again.

But the program seems that it doesn't work !

I've unpacked the PBOs with Total Commander plugin, but it seems that I can't pack it (after I run the game it throw me some error messages and if I try to play something I'm on desktop).

I also would like to see an easy-to-install way.

I've written a short tutorial about packing and unpacking pbo files using cpbo.

Head over to :

http://www.arma-cp-tutorials.de.am

and navigate to to :

Open+create a *.pbo.

I'm sry for the popup and layer , it's added by the domain, not by myself. sad_o.gif

I have finaly managed to run the thing, yeeeeaaaah !

Cool sounds there !

Except from satchel explosion. I think, that this sound is kinda too quiet wink_o.gif .

bravo 6: Packing or maybe even unpacking proces failed.

Try it once more from scratch (unpack again, put there sounds and pack again).

u dont install cpbo.exe cos it's an inclusive standalone executable.

just run cpbo.exe that comes with the soundpack and answer yes then when u right click pbo files you will see an option to extract or pack them.

thats exactly how i do it, but i dont get the extract option.....

and not the pack option either....

have the same problem as he had.

when cpbo.exe should run and open a window.. it opens but closes very fast.. and nothing happens. mad_o.gif

1st time i tryed unpbo. v 1.7 and got that fecking error. :@

now i cant even run the cpbo.exe at all..

FINALLY WORKED! smile_o.gif

for those who had the same problem i and the_shadow had i suggest people to this:

make the backup as they recomend,

Copy the file cpbo.exe to this folder:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\AddOns

Open the command prompt and type:

cd\ (enter)

cd Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\AddOns

now you shouls be on the arma\addons folder.

With the cpbo.exe in that folder (C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\AddOns), you type on the command prompt:

cpbo.exe -y -e sounds.exe (enter and it will uncompress)

next type:

cpbo.exe -y -e weapons.exe (enter and it will uncompress)

you will have 2 new folders in addons, then do the unzip to those folders like they say in the .txt

Finally i use my computer to make a pbo by right clicking each folder (sounds and weapons). Overwrite all files.

edit: sorry for double post.

FINALLY WORKED! smile_o.gif

for those who had the same problem i and the_shadow had i suggest people to this:

make the backup as they recomend,

Copy the file cpbo.exe to this folder:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\AddOns

Open the command prompt and type:

cd\ (enter)

cd Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\AddOns

now you shouls be on the arma\addons folder.

With the cpbo.exe in that folder (C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\AddOns), you type on the command prompt:

cpbo.exe -y -e sounds.exe  (enter and it will uncompress)

next type:

cpbo.exe -y -e weapons.exe  (enter and it will uncompress)

you will have 2 new folders in addons, then do the unzip to those folders like they say in the .txt

Finally i use my computer to make a pbo by right clicking each folder (sounds and weapons). Overwrite all files.

edit: sorry for double post.

Thank you, that worked fine after all the problems I had trying to do the extract thing, my problem was the same as the others, all I had come up was the "open" not the "extract", your method worked great. notworthy.gif

Anyone know if this soundpack will work for the demo??

Well i guess that would be a NO ............ i just tried and get a "CORRUPT DATA" error when launching the demo.

Was worth a try tho!.

if these are the sounds from BF2 then they're not realistic at all , the Project Reality mod for BF2 has far far far more realistic sounds. i have half a mind to rip em from that. (great mod by the way , several members of the Dev team have a military background and they've made the mod so much more then just a simple realism mod -which in itself is good for BF2 - they've added new classes , equipment and new armies like the british and a insurgent faction , my favourite game/mod atm , besides Arma which i wont be playing online till the 505 release)

well... some of the BF2 sounds are realistic , others ... sad_o.gif

I may warn you to rib the sounds off PR...I do know the sound artists...sofad put a lot of work into the mod and the community bought a sound pack for the dev team...

Bump for New Error (I think, this thread is a beast).

I purchased the download, it came with the 1.02 patch, i patched from german to english, then tried the soundpack.

installation went okay. But when i ran the game, i got an error telling me that sounds.pbo was too small (or something similar). A friend with the same settings has the same problem. However, another buddy, (who bought the DVD and patched it to 1.02) said the soundpack is excellent.

Any ideas?

-A

Im using the UK version and this addon  has messed up my game.

On start up the game gives error messages about missing sound files for car horns and other messages about sound files pop up  then the game crashes.  I'm gonna uninstall and reinstall the game and add sound addons when they are made avilable in a user friendly format and with clear instructions.

I remember adding sound files to OFP and it was just a case of pasting the files in one of the OFP folders and that was it no problem.

hey guys im back. what shall i do? i been away for ages and don't know whats going on. when is 1.05 coming out?