Sign in to follow this  
Novusordo

Realism soundpack v1.0

No problems here. Works fine - sounds fine!

I used Kegety's tools for unpacking and packing the pbos though.

Nice work m8, perhabs u can also add new weapon sound for the "east" side.I think the BF2 ones are not the worst and really better as those we got implemented right now. thumbs-up.gif

Yeah right, rip the sounds out of BF2 and break your BF2 end user license that way by porting them sounds to ArmA.

----------------

Nice sound pack mate,

I didn't have the time yet to check if this works.

So anybody got this working or is it buggered?

whats your problem? do you work for DICE or something. jeez. only 1 sound is from BF2 so stfu.

I just deleted my pbo's and followed my own instructions and it works absolutely fine so none of u should be having problems.

@ the guy who coulden't get cpbo to work: right click the pbo's and choose "open with" then vavigate to cpbo.exe.

Novusordo, maybe you should try to make a "patcher" like sickboy has done..

Yeah I wanted to make a patcher but when I asked no one told me how. Where can I get sickboys patcher or whatever?

Quote[/b] ]whats your problem? do you work for DICE or something. jeez. only 1 sound is from BF2 so stfu.

Realx will you, I was refering to the post made about getting the BF2 sounds for the east side and I was not attacking you in person or coming down on you by any means.

Quote[/b] ]whats your problem? do you work for DICE or something. jeez. only 1 sound is from BF2 so stfu.

Realx will you, I was refering to the post made about getting the BF2 sounds for the east side and I was not attacking you in person or coming down on you by any means.

hahaha that's some twisted logic you have there.

No matter how many sounds you have, 1000 or 1, its still a copyright infringement.

hahaha that's some twisted logic you have there.

Na it actually isn't cause I wasn't aware of the 1 sound form BF was I? Or did you state anywhere that the sound was form BF?

Never mind, I stay out of this discussion.

I said nice pack, now do what you want with that comment.

finally it works . i used cpbo.exe with command line.

unpbo 1.5 isnt usable for Arma addons

as i said.....

when i double click the CPBO.exe it assosiates .pbo files with it.... i click yes, and then there is a new popup wich sais done... so i click ok... and CPBO closes....

now i right click the sounds.pbo but there is no "extract" choice or anything similar.... and if i click "open" or "open with" and choose cpbo cpbo just flashes and nothing more happens....

same if i right click weapons.pbo

maybe it´s becouse i use a non english OS?

well.... i dont know what more to do, i follow the readme exactly and have tried it many times... i have also tried all other sugestions given in this thread... many of them before they where even posted... but nothing changes...

if someone have managed to get it to work then please add me on MSN and send me the changed .pbo...

thanks..

whats your problem? do you work for DICE or something. jeez. only 1 sound is from BF2 so stfu.

Flaming is not tolerated on these forums.

And next time you want to add something 2 minutes later please edit your previous post instead of being lazy and making a double post.

I don't understand why people don't like the sounds, they are generally, and fairly realistic, especially the sonic booms caused by rifle rounds passing close-by. The AT4, and M24 on the other hand...

sure the sonic crack is realistic and the distant sounds are too and also the BMP machinegun is and proably a few others but most of the guns you use the most sound horrid.

How do you do this? I want to change some Aircraft and Helicopter Sounds and i dont get it.....I doesent work. Maybe you can help me.

does it work for anyone ?

It sure does! No problem here. I followed the instructions in the readme file by the letter and it worked like a charm.

I like it! Nice work, there, Novusordo! Keep it up! smile_o.gif

In my opinion, all the original BIS sounds are FUBAR. I'll make a video of my own WIP sound conversion today and host it up somewhere else, I've found quite a few good sound files, and made others by myself.

These are quite good, however! Well done, buddy.

ugh that demonstration video was painful. Should just put together a few clips of you firing the weapons. And imo those sound effects aside from the explosions are far worse than the included ArmA ones. I'd like to know if anyone with a decent headphone/speaker setup and an X-Fi card thinks otherwise? cause on mine the ArmA sounds are much meatier than in that video

Quote[/b] ]No matter how many sounds you have, 1000 or 1, its still a copyright infringement.

No, isn't. As far as I’m own BF2 and Arma, I ca mix them any way I want, and share result with my friends who also have arma and maybe BF.  As far as I do it for free (no profit) it perfectly legal.

Quote[/b] ]No matter how many sounds you have, 1000 or 1, its still a copyright infringement.

No, isn't. As far as I’m own BF2 and Arma, I ca mix them any way I want, and share result with my friends who also have arma and maybe BF.

Actually you can't. You don't really own BF2 and ArmA. You only own a license to legally use them. As in: playing the game, using the editor and adding mods. This license doesn't include the right to take/decompile elements of the game for your own use.

But, and this is a big "but", the copyright proprietor usually allows the use of game elements of a game in modifications for the very same game. Using elements from a game in modifications for another game, however, and even spreading them on the web sure is a copyright infringement. I can assure you: Electronic Arts really have no interest in parts of their game being used for the enhancment of a game that is a direct competitor for their "Battlefield 2".

Of course no one will say anything if you interchange game elements just for yourself, or really just give them to your friends, privately. But spreading them on the internet is a whole different story, altogether.

Novusordo, maybe you should try to make a "patcher" like sickboy has done..

I agree, it's much more n00b-friendly for people like us smile_o.gif

Why is so many of u stating the obvious about copyright? Everyone knows the deal and besides actually who gives a crap when it's EA? Surely any gamer worth his salt would blow them to smitherines if he could pistols.gif

@ Millenium7, are you f00kin serious? Good god, people never cease to amaze me sometimes you know banghead.gif

How do you do this? I want to change some Aircraft and Helicopter Sounds and i dont get it.....I doesent work. Maybe you can help me.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=55269

@ Millenium7, are you f00kin serious? Good god, people never cease to amaze me sometimes you know banghead.gif

Right back at you. The 'original' OFP sounds (pre resistance) were BAD. These are good with the exception of the M16. As I said if someone with an X-Fi set up properly not just with default settings and everything turned off can say the opposite then i'm shocked because with the crystaliser, CMSS-3D and bass/treble adjustments its terrific. Tanks rumble and give a massive thud when firing and the M4 has a nice sharp crack but with kick as well. I would record it if I could but it doesn't seem to pick up these enhancements and sounds too muffled.

ok it enhances the default sounds so why dosen't that rule apply to any other sounds, i.e my custom sounds?

Do we have a Creative marketer on these boards I wonder rofl.gif

Quote[/b] ]Mirror from Armedassault.info

Thanks thumbs-up.gif

ok it enhances the default sounds so why dosen't that rule apply to any other sounds, i.e my custom sounds?

Do we have a Creative marketer on these boards I wonder rofl.gif

it does. And with enhancements on they don't sound as good as the originals except for the explosions. Your M4 sound lacks bass and is too 'open' so to speak

The original sounds just need to be remixed by BIS or someone else but as I said I can't record them the x-fi will play the enhancements on the fly but can't apply them directly to files (or I havn't figured out how to do it)