Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Cold War Rearmed Discussion

It's for sure now: We definitely won't convert he Red Hammer campaign. confused_o.gif

confused_o.gif It would have felt more complete to include it; having a campaign to play as the Soviets and not just the Americans and Resistance. Total transition of the GOTY edition. I understand why it couldn't go through though.

Well , with CWR , you will get all the addons that are needed to make such a campaign ,or even convert retalliation f.e.

Red hammer wasn't that good... It was pretty cool to play the enemy but it definately wasnt the better of the three...

CWC was a great campaign smile_o.gif

Resistance also had a good storyline, though i personally prefer playing as a structured military more than a group of guerillas who seemed to take on a batallion of Russians wink_o.gif

I'd love to see both campaigns in arma tho...

Resistance expected to be in?

As far as I know (from what I've read on the Biki), Resistance is another project, which is going to be undertaken after CWR has been completed (and the required addons are available for use).

GranQ - not very constructive.. another post like that will result in +1 WL

I know this might be to push it, but i think it is constructive, maybe it was overreacting, I even asked some friends to see if it would be within reason (they said no so i presumed it was close enough).

Anyway, I think it was constructive since it did point on the issue, also showed i done some creative for the CWR goal.. (to import OFP stuff to ArmA).

I would say it was a post that had some humour, was creative and constructive, helped people with a vision on how the final result can be and inspired a discussion about the CWR information sharing policy.

Now, I might be wrong here, but I dont see so much other posts that are so constructive but more a team with "we might do this, or that.. just be sure this will be cool we let you know when its done". It just remind me of a number of projects that all failed. OWN (the swedish mod), "Unsung" and before that the vietnam mod from seventh.

Normaly there is a saying that the most dangerous a leader can surround himself with is people that only says yes. Think about that next time someone criticize.

And I would totaly understand if you warned me that the language was bad, but don't say its not constructive, it is.

I know this might be to push it, but i think it is constructive, maybe it was overreacting, I even asked some friends to see if it would be within reason (they said no so i presumed it was close enough).

Anyway, I think it was constructive since it did point on the issue, also showed i done some creative for the CWR goal.. (to import OFP stuff to ArmA).

I would say it was a post that had some humour, was creative and constructive, helped people with a vision on how the final result can be and inspired a discussion about the CWR information sharing policy.

Now, I might be wrong here, but I dont see so much other posts that are so constructive but more a team with "we might do this, or that.. just be sure this will be cool we let you know when its done".  It just remind me of a number of projects that all failed. OWN (the swedish mod), "Unsung" and before that the vietnam mod from seventh.

Normaly there is a saying that the most dangerous a leader can surround himself with is people that only says yes. Think about that next time someone criticize.

And I would totaly understand if you warned me that the language was bad, but don't say its not constructive, it is.

Hmmm I might have not have understood you correctly but Unsung... failed? confused_o.gif

As for not carrying over the Red Hammer campaign, thank you yay.gif

That was not the best campaign ever made for ofp...

I second that. I was very pleased to really see the SU-25 from OFP in a ArmA Airfield. smile_o.gif

In my opinion a ... somehow ... weird picture lol

And I need to back-up GranQ because actually his picture made me think that this ehh.. MOD ? is really progressing and not only discussed upon, like many other projects.

I figured if the actual developers of this extention were ready to submit WIP images and a tangible discussion, then they would. I respect that. We all know first hand how uncontrolled a community can get when hard evidence starts popping out.

Long boring post

Hmmm I might have not have understood you correctly but Unsung... failed? confused_o.gif

yeah I take that back, had a discussion with Redkid about it. (Won't edit my first post for sake of of not making you look like a fool wink_o.gif )

But i do however feel Unsung "promised" to release a new generation.. and it was so filled with bugs me and my friends uninstalled it and used SEB NAM 2 instead.. so maybe it was just a personal disappoitment.. I give them that they DID release something.

The thing is what we released was an ALPHA DEMO. Dude what we have to come is a hell of a lot better than the demo except this time we are not gonna let people rush us into releasing it. thumbs-up.gif

The thing is what we released was an ALPHA DEMO. Dude what we have to come is a hell of a lot better than the demo except this time we are not gonna let people rush us into releasing it. thumbs-up.gif

lets not get off-topic and end it here.

No hard feelings man, but a screenshot is a most of the time a promise and Unsung didnt live up to it. Could be tons of reasons and it doesnt matter, my first stuff was poo..

EDIT. Oh, even if you guys seems to forgotten, and me included.. i done some work for Unsung.. so please dont take it as an assault on your work..

But i do however feel Unsung "promised" to release a new generation.. and it was so filled with bugs me and my friends uninstalled it and used SEB NAM 2 instead.. so maybe it was just a personal disappoitment.. I give them that they DID release something.

Yeah we know it was buggy. It was all still WIP. We just wanted to show peeps what was to come. We released two demo's from the Unsung. And we stated that we were working on a full release as peeps can read on our Mod's own wiki page over at BIS comm ofp wiki pages. We were improving on all stuff seen in the demo's and ironing out problems. Yet we still have the unfinished stuff lying around that we wanted to put out there in ofp land prior to ArmA release. Now ArmA came and we kinda had to redo our plans. But we still will release something for ofp, but the main project around Khe Sanh that was planned at first will now be moved on into ArmA due to more possibilities on all fronts that we reallly needed for OFP.

That stated...stay tunned ya cheecky little... tounge2.gif

Back on topic. End of Unsung discussion NOW.

Says me,

Warrior Xâ„¢ {The Unsung} [Zeus]

P.R. Person for The Unsung Vietnam war mod.

My post as Moderator:

Exactly. Every further post about Unsung here will result in -50 for your post account. smile_o.gif

GranQ +1WL for continuing the OT after being warned.

My post as CWR mod leader:

I'm pretty sure that we'll finish our mod. Our project's goal can be seen in the biki, everything what we "might add" is going to be implemented after the initial release.

We'll show screenshots as soon as we want to do so.

Every mod team I know has internal boards. Why don't you whine about FDF having internal boards?

It's pretty shady that they get the tools before everyone else especially seeing as some are members of other mod teams.

Yes, that stinks a bit, especially since polite inquiries on this

forum about release plans for the tools are always rudely

disavowed. Are these "Cold War Crisis" rehashers beta testing

the tools then?

Quote[/b] ]Every mod team I know has internal boards. Why don't you whine about FDF having internal boards?

pls could you clarify /end this rumour speculation etc.

1 Is cwcr privvy to tools/scripts conversion data that general public are not ?

2 Is this so called closed shop in the biki ,in refference to your private talks about the above or merely ,private talk about your rehash of cwc ?

ty in advance

DB

Any news on MP missions for CWC and Resistance? Like Desert Ambush? inlove.gif

It's pretty shady that they get the tools before everyone else especially seeing as some are members of other mod teams.

Yes, that stinks a bit, especially since polite inquiries on this

forum about release plans for the tools are always rudely

disavowed. Are these "Cold War Crisis" rehashers beta testing

the tools then?

There has been no anouncement about the CWR team getting the tools before everyone else. Now back on topic. This thread is not for discussing the mod-tools. Its about the CWR-mod itself.

Deviating from the topic will result in PRs and WLs.

@MAA3057: We're adding at least some of them, it's a good practice. smile_o.gif

My post as Moderator:

Exactly. Every further post about Unsung here will result in -50 for your post account. smile_o.gif

GranQ +1WL for continuing the OT after being warned.

I guess OT means off-topic. please at where i keep discuss something not about CWR after being warned?

I would like to press the "report to a moderator" but I guess that would be you. Please judge me, but dont go witchhunting just because i say something you dont like. "dont argue with the mods", okey fine. Well, "follow your own rules" i say.

its not off-topic. clear up all the unsung stuff if you want, but my picture and the next reply is ON TOPIC and CONSTRUCTIVE.

Ban me if you dont like me, but please then just say instead of making up things that isnt there.

if there not I am sure people will add them later on, personally id like to do a Red Rearmed Campaign, if no one else does, we might end up with 50 different versions of the campaign if we are not careful.

good luck with the mod guys.

i assume that picture was taken off the private forums without your knowledge? and can i also assume that the models and textures will also be updated?

@GranQ: You're here since year one. You should know that you're not allowed to discuss mod's decisions in the public. Read my PM as soon as you received it. mad_o.gif

i assume that picture was taken off the private forums without your knowledge?

Why? It's not that hard to just put an OFP model in ARMA.

Ok, in a (possibly futile) attempt to drag this back on topic:

I assume that there are plans to upgrade all the old content to ArmA "standards" (in terms of model polycount, proper UV mapping, normal maps, etc etc)

Since anyone could simply write a config for the OFP content and bring it into ArmA, one would hope that a considerable amount of care and attention would be put in to upgrading the content, in order to justify the specal "status" awarded to those members of the CWR team...

Every mod team I know has internal boards. Why don't you whine about FDF having internal boards?

The answer is very simple :

BI intends to start a collaborative effort

Show me where any other modteam is collaborating closely with BIS to build their mod, so they can get the knowledge and answers directly from the "people who know".

Sharing the knowledge is what the modding community should be all about, no more elitist nonsense like there was already for the p3edit or official modding tools for the "select few" only.