Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Cold War Rearmed Discussion

Suma said, that ArmA tools haven´t establish release date sad_o.gif

That may be true, but we have Mik's eliteness, we know the cpp syntax, we know how to convert OFP scripts to ArmA scripts, etc. Creating a mod is not all about modelling.

Yup..models aren't gonna do anything for you if they aren't configed properly,believe me,I'm through config class right now @.@

Not to mention the new lining of code and probably new commands Armed Assault would demand in the configs and scripts.

And unless Armed Assault would have major differences or possibility of current O2 models not working in the next,I don't see how we aren't set,except for the fancy stuff like normal and specuilar maps.

Whats the deal on Beta testers. Id be willing to put a considerable number of hours into tedious bug testing etc, as i have no other skills.

I know it can be annoying be asked if people can alpha/beta test but might as well get in early to see how i can help.

Cheers

My_Shortcoming

"Aka Shorty"

Woah, a semi-official mod. That's a new one! Very nice idea! You guys at BIS always have to be way ahead of your time.

I'd really love to participate in this but I'm afraid I wouldn't be of any use so I just keep my fingers crossed for this project.

PS: I don't want to upset anyone but won't there be any problems with the former publisher of OFP? I know this is a non commercial project but some publishers tend to be touchy when "their" (in paper-pusher terms) stuff is used by others. Again, the least I want to do is spoil this great effort but it was the second thought after the euphoria I felt right after reading about this project.

Could this also be used to set up a basic "standard" for new addons etc

with guidelines of "how to do it correctly", so that with a lot of luck we can stray away from the OFP addon problems, dependancy, balance etc

ideally something like

tx_model.pbo

tx_config.pbo

this would allow easier importing into mods and better balancing for "addon packs" therefore allowing a greater diversity within this great community

Very nice initiative, really! thumbs-up.gif

I hope to see this project grown as it could be one of the main reason for me to purchase ArmA (and a new PC......) when 505 will release it. wink_o.gif

I'm looking forward to this for sure!

Klavan

This sounds promising.. I think I might be able to contribute in several areas (2D/3D, soundtrack etc.). I need to give it a good a thought though.

Signed up as Grenadier. Worked with OFPInternals back in the day on island creation/editing. In the US so I do not have ArmA yet. Work load will prevent me from starting on any conversions till after the first week in Feb.

This sounds promising.. I think I might be able to contribute in several areas (2D/3D, soundtrack etc.). I need to give it a good a thought though.

You do that smile_o.gif

I dont understand is this some kind of MOD for ArmA, or community will work on it and then it will be released in stores as Resistance did long time ago?

I dont understand is this some kind of MOD for ArmA, or community will work on it and then it will be released in stores as Resistance did long time ago?

It's a mod for ArmA. Nothing to pay for.

as far as i understand, this is a BIS free proyect with the help of the community.

Like Jahve said.."You do that"!! thumbs-up.gif

as far as i understand, this is a BIS free proyect with the help of the community.

As far as I understand, this will be a project made by the community, with BIS organizing it. Will BIS do anything except organizing and hosting etc?

Seems a really nice idea, if you need a 3d modeller im willingly to help

just to clarify, this is only a port with functional or essential changes required for arma implementation? I'm not sure that this is the place to "start from scratch" and go off in some new direction. Probably be a good idea to keep it consistent with the rest of arma content.

Wow many volunteers here, if any of you guys isnt flat out with CWR addons soon then maybe consider helping Germany 85 mod.

Wonder if we have a future with Germany 85 cause the CWR thing and our Idea is pretty similar from its needs.

I hope not, shadow.

The G85 is a much more ambitious idea, adding completely new content, of course it has a future.

Needless to say, not eveyone who sign up will be invited to join the team.

just to clarify, this is only a port with functional or essential changes required for arma implementation? I'm not sure that this is the place to "start from scratch" and go off in some new direction. Probably be a good idea to keep it consistent with the rest of arma content.

The goal is to implement all OFP and later the OFPR stuff into ArmA. When that is done, further improvements can be tackled.

We already have many volunteers, we already can't take everyone in. You can put your name on the list... wink_o.gif