Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Cold War Rearmed Discussion

I'm just curious, was it decided that the General Guba unit would not be made for CWR and the same for secretary Angelina due to project issues?

That CWC office scene after the primary nuke scud sabotage with her execution for failure reminded me of this.

I looked for its mentioning in this topic, but couldn't find it.  Easy to miss something like that for dozens of pages of replies to read through.

Of course General Guba and his secretary will be included in CWR.

How in the world you would play the 438968th "Eliminate Guba" mission without him? biggrin_o.gif

How in the world you would play the 438968th "Eliminate Guba" mission without him?  biggrin_o.gif

does it mean that the CWR mod is still under development and has not been stopped? *hope* notworthy.gif

I can't describe to you all of the work that is being done on Skype. I thought I was working hard, but then you see what these other people are doing and I can't believe it.

How in the world you would play the 438968th "Eliminate Guba" mission without him?  biggrin_o.gif

does it mean that the CWR mod is still under development and has not been stopped? *hope*  notworthy.gif

I imagine they would post here if the project had been scrapped. Seems logical right?

Plus what else would W0lle's response mean. Seems pretty silly for him to mention something will be included if the Mod ceases to exist.

does it mean that the CWR mod is still under development and has not been stopped? *hope*  notworthy.gif

Maybe you should read the page before this.

Quote W0lle:

It won't die, simply because of the fact that too many people spent too much of their free time into this (and still doing). It might take much longer to finish it than we expected but one day there will be a CWR 1.0 release.

As for motivation, it's not that we (the core team) are unmotivated. The problem are as always the "external" people which are supposed to do only a small piece of work but then never deliver it (but were very fast in downloading the beta builds). So besides working on the islands and campaign, we're sitting around and waiting for the externals to deliver the stuff they promised us

Does it mean that the CWR mod is still under development and has not been stopped?

crazy_o.gif

Reiterating on what Pavehawk and W0lle said...

Seriously, is it really that hard to go back a few pages and read a post or two?

W0lle is right waiting for stuff which is outside our skills and control has taken its toll in terms of time. I will say that the last 2 months have been very fruitful as we have received a number of anticipated models from various people. Thanks to those people! You know who you are!

On a side note CWR needs some help with translations. We need translations for the last of these languages... approx 100ish entries.

"Spanish","Italian"

If you can help with these translations please PM me., I'll set you up with the stringtable.

If there is interest to translate all of the  Japanese, Chinese, and Dutch strings or any other language  then please let me know. This would be a huge task so I'm not expecting any interest here.

That's right, we're still alive and productive. smile_o.gif

4 screenshots from Kolgujev by OFman. The quality might not be the best as they were just intended for internal use but I decided they are good enough to share them.

cain1.th.jpg

cain2.th.jpg

cain3.th.jpg

cain4.th.jpg

Pretty nice.

How about some Everon Screenshots? biggrin_o.gif

Can't wait to see the CWR version of my all time favorite island. smile_o.gif

Believe me, you won't see the current Everon island. wink_o.gif

As soon as we can show decent Everon pictures we will, I promise.

3 new screenshots which prove that we're still alive. smile_o.gif

cwr_teaser_march_1_sm.jpg

Original size

cwr_teaser_march_2_sm.jpg

Original size

cwr_teaser_march_3_sm.jpg

Original size

Thank you very much to all the people recently donated their excellent models to us. Without these generous donations we never would be where we are today.

very nice. And this is a great idea to add new stuff like the hat (in the first picture).

this guy needs just waves and a surfboard biggrin_o.gif

Play-testing the CWC campaign conversion again these days with

the CWR demo and I have to state once more that I love the

American soldier models, as well as the LAW, BMP and Malden.

Top notch. notworthy.gif

Does C.W.R. do also comes with new effects?

Awesome! notworthy.gif

One important question I forgot to ask is if the CWC mod will release a different config or standalone addons of this so it will be compatible with other addons.

My main concern is that some BIS addons and many other community addons won't work unless they are configed for CWC.

For instance, I want to be able to use the CWC material but also be able to utilize the Harrier and the USMC Cobra as well for something near late 1980's along with modern material for later missions that occur after 2000.

I tried to find a lot of my community based addons to test along with CWC, but most didn't show up.

I must say thank you to NSXr for those amazing photographs.

One important question I forgot to ask is if the CWC mod will release a different config or standalone addons of this so it will be compatible with other addons.

My main concern is that some BIS addons and many other community addons won't work unless they are configed for CWC.

For instance, I want to be able to use the CWC material but also be able to utilize the Harrier and the USMC Cobra as well for something near late 1980's along with modern material for later missions that occur after 2000.

I tried to find a lot of my community based addons to test along with CWC, but most didn't show up.

Most probably there will be no standalone addons, except some additional material that might be released later.

At the moment our only goal is to release something the community can play with. After that we can see what can be done to make CWR compatible with other Addons and Mods. smile_o.gif

What are you guys doing about the better AI in ARMA?

For example missions in ofp where you could go within 100 meters of the enemy before you start engaging, now start at 400 meters away, because the ai can spot you further away. And the deadliness of the enemy also has increased for that distance.

In the mission pathfinder (if I remember the mission name correctly. It is included in the CWR demo) where you start near a small town, where you have to take out the shilka, before moving to another town, you get killed brutally by the shilka before you can even approach it. But in OFP you could come as close as you wanted to (figure of speech) before the shilka spotted you.

Are you leaving the missions untouched regarding this issue? or are you going to implement something to counter this effect?

Can you make M21/M14 or Remington Model 700 LTR for US army sniper rifle?, you know m24 for that era? confused_o.gif

Did a cleansweep here.

plaintiff1 please do not confuse the people interested in our (and your) work. smile_o.gif

As promised before:

Some WIP screens from Everon OFman currently is working on:

eden_wip_1.jpg

eden_wip_2.jpg

eden_wip_3.jpg

eden_wip_4.jpg

Please keep in mind that these are WIP pictures with a pretty high JPG compression rate to keep them within forum rules. High quality screenshots follow in the next few days. ;)

Edited by W0lle