Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Cold War Rearmed Discussion

any news ?

I'm sorry, but: no. sad_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

I have two questions I hope you are able to answer...

Will you use the same recoil values, movement speeds and sound effects (etc) as BIS used in ArmA? Also, will you use your own config or will it be possible to just load the mod and still switch over to some ArmA mission without breaking anything? (~mod works more like a big pack of addons).

I understand if you can't answer any this right now, but I just had to ask anyway. Hope things are going well with the mod. Cheers tounge2.gif

In the first release(s) we will be using ArmA's recoils etc.

It will be possible to load ArmA missions, as we're not removing any content. But because we're overwriting many classes (CWR will be 100% backwards compatible to OFP class-name-wise wink_o.gif ) the missions won't play the same as in vanilla ArmA.

Guest Ti0n3r

Alright. Thanks a lot for the info smile_o.gif

Clarification: The linked video has nothing to do with CWR.

When will we see the first stuff ( vids, screens) from CWR?  smile_o.gif

I can't say that. Maybe sooner than you think -- or maybe not. Depends on what you think wink_o.gif No, seriously, I can't say when. confused_o.gif

but are you sure that you are still working (not thinking) on it? I heard from some ArmA Players which have died in the waiting room :-)

It's a kind of philosophy to release some infos or not. But from my point of view this mod is starting a competition with the Duke Nukem for Ever, you know it, I am pretty sure :-)

Dont let you annoying :-)

But I think its very helpful for the whole ArmA community to give them some stuff even if its a pic like from the duke.

We are looking forward to receive some news.

Clarification: The linked video has nothing to do with CWR.

When will we see the first stuff ( vids, screens) from CWR? smile_o.gif

I can't say that. Maybe sooner than you think -- or maybe not. Depends on what you think wink_o.gif No, seriously, I can't say when. confused_o.gif

but are you sure that you are still working (not thinking) on it? I heard from some ArmA Players which have died in the waiting room :-)

It's a kind of philosophy to release some infos or not. But from my point of view this mod is starting a competition with the Duke Nukem for Ever, you know it, I am pretty sure :-)

Dont let you annoying :-)

But I think its very helpful for the whole ArmA community to give them some stuff even if its a pic like from the duke.

We are looking forward to receive some news.

I doubt that you as clan leader have any knowledge about how hard it is to make a full mod, especially in ArmA. But you're right, we are not working every day on it. At least not until someone starts paying us for it, how about you? wink_o.gif As far as I know the Duke devs got paid. biggrin_o.gif

As already said some times in this thread: We're not going to show any "work in progress" pics. The ArmA community does not win anything when they see some beta/WIP pics, you're maybe talking about the news-reader-community or about the bored-surfing-community. whistle.gif

I have a request for the CWR team a big one.

Can you pelase add a Multiplayer CTI inlove.gif we where told that arma would have one built in. but its not realy playable something like Crcti or Mfcti. that is player vs player and you have to capture towns to get money and have a base you can deploy. and the goal is to kill the emny base or capture all the towns!

goodnight.gif

Can you pelase add a Multiplayer CTI  inlove.gif we where told that arma would have one built in. but its not realy playable something like Crcti or Mfcti. that is player vs player and you have to capture towns to get money and have a base you can deploy. and the goal is to kill the emny base or capture all the towns!

goodnight.gif

thats just a silly request, would you ask a plumber to paint your house?

Doing a mod is a huge workload, and i suggest CWR to start working everyday, paid or not thats what i done for the last 5 years. If you want to create you can't wait.. or something like that wink_o.gif

heck, its even time for some mission editing here at work, alt tab ftw wink_o.gif

Can you pelase add a Multiplayer CTI inlove.gif we where told that arma would have one built in. but its not realy playable something like Crcti or Mfcti. that is player vs player and you have to capture towns to get money and have a base you can deploy. and the goal is to kill the emny base or capture all the towns!

goodnight.gif

mfcti and crcti are already out for ArmA.

crcti needs some addons though.

ontopic: I hope this mod changes default sounds/recoils from CWC, I didn't care for them too much.

ontopic: I hope this mod changes default sounds/recoils from CWC, I didn't care for them too much.

You can probably just use one of the many amazing sound addons already released.

Guest Ti0n3r

They already said they would use BIS ArmA sound & recoil values.

Question -

OFP had very simple "Black ops" / "Spetsnaz" units representing US SOF / Spetsnaz.

Would a more in depth / accurate set of 1980s special forces units be completely outside the scope of this mod or might that be something you'd look at after release 1?

Sorry if that's been asked before and I missed it. It's a long thread.

I prefered the more simple representations of the special forces as i found they were more flexible as units, The black ops could also double up as secret agents, ninjas, terrorists and mercenaries/paramilitary units. Whereas if you included ultra accurate to every minor detail special forces units you would reduce the amount of scope for mission editing the mission editors have. If there was going to be a more realistic representation of special forces I would say it should be a custom addon rather than part of CWR. There were plenty of realistic SF units made for OFP1 so i dont see why it wouldn't be possible here.

I dunno what to say... are u just waiting till editing tools, or is this thing too classifield to show us?huh.gif?huh.gif?? confused_o.gif

I think this was just a project for bis to beta test the tools and write the read me for them , seems a good way to attract good talent , but i think they didnt bank on queens gambit and the impact this project would have if it was released for free before a ,paid for expansion pack. plus real life plus the community did 3/4 of the converts anyway without tools ,plus people didnt want to go backwards in a recent poll , would surprise me if this has been shelved for a while.

I dunno what to say... are u just waiting till editing tools, or is this thing too classifield to show us?huh.gif?huh.gif?? confused_o.gif

they got the tools already, if visitor3 i dunno, but the new o2 they have

well.. wasn't the thing that CWR got the tools so they could try them and write tutorials..

so now the tools are out, but "release candidates" and no tutorials written by CWR? icon_rolleyes.gif

well.. wasn't the thing that CWR got the tools so they could try them and write tutorials..

Says who?

Look at the Tutorials in the wiki and see who's been editing them. I know at least two CWR people who edit and update them.

And from what I thought, CWR was started to get the old OFP setting into ARMA, not just to write tuts and test tools.

Just trying to do the work on CWR is enough of a time suck, writing well written tutorials wasn't what I signed on for.

You don't want to see a tut written by me.

Says who?

Says the post by one of your members and subsequently deleted by raedor about 6 weeks ago.

The Infos so far are very good , i am sure they will improve now over time, thanks for whoever contributed ,its a good base.

The primary objective of this mod is to bring the original OFP feeling to ArmA, not to write any tutorials.

If the members who are working hard to make this happen have the free time to share their knowledge and tricks in tutorials then fine. But writing tutorials is not a task for them.

Remember these people have a life too and working on CWR is not just importing models and a few clicks here and there.

When there is something new to tell or show then this is the first place you find it.

Just because the mod team doesn't come up every week with fancy screenshots doesn't mean that the project is dead. wink_o.gif

people have high hopes for CWR mod and every week without a news info or so makes people worried i guess. wink_o.gif