Sign in to follow this  
wizzywig

Dedicated Server Application

Nice idea, but if ppl that would use this need to set a serverpassword it's not possible? Or that feature is on another window or sth?

Dunno why but our dedicated server seems more stable running the server.cfg created with this tool..

Starts up straight away when you the first one in there, were as before you would need to login as admin then missions to get it moving.

Very useful program.

Dunno why but our dedicated server seems more stable running the server.cfg created with this tool..

Starts up straight away when you the first one in there, were as before you would need to login as admin then missions to get it moving.

Very useful program.

thanks remember to restart my add once an a while as it will be getting updated from time to time

Nice application...

(I remember your board and all the posts about some VBS stuff. I hope that's gone by now...)

for a dedi does it required a legit copy of arma intalled on it for this appliacation to work?

(sorry if this is a silly question)

Not the application, however your server would require a "legit" copy... icon_rolleyes.gif

Good attempt but ...

Trying to get this app running but all I get is this garble text in my browser, or I get a window that says the application is missing files: (yes I have Netframework and the Installer etc. tested on 2 XP machines)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

Removed the garble as it messes up the thread

Also .. I tried getting into your forums to get more answers, or to get the actual application that I can tun on my local machine and ended up having to register and activate the acct .. but also asked me to post 5 times before getting access to the files ? How very gay is that ?

I ALSO GET THE FEELING THAT THIS APPLICATION IS MALWARE SINCE IT HAS TO CONNECT TO THE INTERNET TO RUN?!?!?!

Thanks anyways, but I am not too cool on the malware or BS internet executed apps. It all just sounds fishy if ya ask me.

Good attempt but ...

Trying to get this app running but all I get is this garble text in my browser, or I get a window that says the application is missing files: (yes I have Netframework and the Installer etc. tested on 2 XP machines)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

Removed the garble as it messes up the thread

Also .. I tried getting into the forums to get more answers, or to get the actual application that I can tun on my local machine and ended up not only having to register and activate the acct .. but also asked me to post 5 times before getting access to the files ?  How very gay is that ?

I GET THE FEELING THAT THIS APPLICATION IS MALWARE SINCE IT HAS TO CONNECT TO THE INTERNET TO RUN?!?!?!

Thanks anyways, but I am not too cool on the malware or BS apps that don't run or need Internet to run. Sounds fishy if ya ask me.

Its a dedicated server application u need the internet to work it. also this options gives free updates as and when i update the application in 24h i have revied the app 40+ times with updates

I know the dedicated server has to have Internet ... but this application also executes over the internet every time it is executed.

If you could drop that app into an internet independent VB or C app I would be more interested in trying it out and getting it working.

Until then ... Thanks, but No thanks.

Your Loss and why not just block its connection

Honestly no loss really.

-server -config=server.cfg works very well.

Also ... Kegegtys has a cool launcher app out that I am sure will be updated and have alot more dedicated server functionality eventually.

Oh and get this ... it doesn't need the internet to run! smile_o.gif

Link to Kegegtys Site

Again thanks for the contribution, but I can't run an app that relies on another connection/remote resource to execute.

As i said your loss and froma developers point of view a auto updateing and auto debugging application is the best by far

As i said your loss and froma developers point of view a auto updateing and auto debugging application is the best by far

No, it's horribly bad.

Imagine what happens in a year if you loose the domain or someone hijacks it and uses your auto update to install spyware?

Welcome to lawsuit hell.

application is digitaly signed it will not run unless some on high jacks my pc as well and compiles it here

I can only suggest that people really take a good look at the site before they try this program.

It hosts lots of illegal software and has a much banner ads, it's very likely this application is just an avenue to install spyware on people.

kk. My loss then. biggrin_o.gif

I and many others I am sure prefer a local/independant/non malware launcher.

You know dang well there are gonna be some GREAT launchers out there that will READ YOUR MIND and set the server accordingly.

biggrin_o.gif

After reviewing the forum, site and downloads Wizzywig has been perm banned for warezing ArmA himself and supporting the warezing of ArmA by means of his site.