Sign in to follow this  
chris3270

Tank Interior Question

Does anyone know if they are developing an Interior for the M1A1 and T-72 Tanks??

It was kind of nice to be able to see the interior. Just made thing more realistic. I am sure that some expert addon maker will come up with one. I hope

BIS ran out of time, It was said In a official statement however one can only speculate a future fix smile_o.gif

Ok, so there's no interior - but what do you see instead of it? Just the "v" view? crazy_o.gif

Yes, just the gunsight view only.

There's nothing stopping a modder from making a "M1A1 APC" and we know the APCs have interior views.

A question besides this... you know how when in driver and gunner on the TOW stryker you have little cameras that show the outside view? (Well on the driver one is shows outside, on the gunner it's just a generic texture on the targeting view).

Do you think it'd be possible to have a modded Stryker with that TV view actually show what the TOW is looking at outside?

Those were pretty useless anyway. I hope they'll fix something or make new vehicle instead.

x 2. I never, ever used the interior view. Optics are the way to go.

I think it depends on what is simulated inside said tank.

If its an M1A0 or a non-digital A1, then sure, no interiors is cool. If however, its a digital A1 or an A2 then an interior could be quite important, what with all the extra information which is available to the gunner and commander, much more than just through the optics, thats for sure...

yeah! hope that the interiors will be back in game with a MOD or something...

useless = true Ian , but SO NICE!!! whistle.gif

even in 100% tank simulation games like "T72 Balkans on Fire" they don`t have tank interiors but in OF we have them and ADD a LOT of realism and the "you are there" feeling...

will miss a lot the T72 great interior... also the BMP one... but sure a MOD maker will bring those back if the engine of the game let we have "v" option at any vehicle position...

and of course, always is good to have some new vehicles...

A10 can be nice wink_o.gif I have a strange dream with A10 in game... with 3D meshes and all that... weird things...

thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]Those were pretty useless anyway.

Actually the interior view was not useless in OFP -on some vehicles - if you disabled 3rd person view in options.

In OFP , if you used in the interior view of the Abrams when being the tank driver, you had a very extended peripheral vision that could allow you to navigate very easily in villages and towns, while the driver optic view, out of the zoom feature, had a very narrow field of vision that was more a handicap in towns.

Quote[/b] ]Those were pretty useless anyway.

Actually the interior view was not useless in OFP -on some vehicles - if you disabled 3rd person view in options.

In OFP , if you used in the interior view of the Abrams when being the tank driver, you had a very extended peripheral vision that could allow you to navigate very easily in villages and towns, while the driver optic view, out of the zoom feature, had a very narrow field of vision that was more a handicap in towns.

Thats quite true, there are players who like 1st person view only and both the driver and commander seats were usefull, it was also nicer since it gave you the feel of being seated inside the tank.

I'd have to say it all depends on usefullness,driver yes,but for gunner not so much. Commander maybe,I remember in OFP is I was turned in,all I had to do was tap the directional keypard which was faster due to a smaller area to work with,and I could spot something easier and then zoom in on it,but with the current you have a lesser FOV and no interior which does take a bit of realism out.

However I would have to say good interior only goes as far the vehicle,take the AH-64 for example,only BOH made an actual different modification of the BISah64 which had a map on it,others just had a new MFD and several variants of other peoples textures weapons that required a new model each time,not to mention cluttered up the selecting area.

But Franze made an AH-64 different and he made the MFD's more useful,instead of just a map you got system diagnostics which would tell you visually if a system was about to fail or had failed and which it was,weapon screen so that you can see your ammo on the MFD,for immersion purposes. Point I'm trying to get to here is that unless it has something new in it,don't include too much in it,I'd rather see an interior which was more useful than just being there for looks. If I was going to work on a new interior and make it better I would want it to perform better and actually do things instead of be eyecandy for staticness. If I was to make an abrams interior like say a TUSK variant,I would want a functional type thermal imaging screen as they showed,even if its nothing more then a face with an alpha texture on it that sees through the vehicle. A screen which displays the tank and where its damage is and how severe,gunner optics which I can see through slightly and controls which are readeable to the left which lights switching on depending on rounds being used and so on.

For driver view yes,driving an M1A1 almost looks like driving a T-72,one scope. Only needs to be implimented if its useful.

well, sometimes when you are switching from Turned Out to Turned In, the V view is slower and you can see some interior with your legs and stuff smile_o.gif

I think they just overrided inside view with V view, maybe even in config only. Propably m1a1 and t72 PBO's have interiors, but not finished.