Sign in to follow this  
kronzky

Petition for Friendly-Fire Options

If you play with a proffesional group of players, then TK incidents will be as rare, or perhaps even rarer then as they are in real life.

I'm a member of the RCIR, an OFP squad which will in due time move its operations to ArmA. We occasionaly experience blue-on-blue incidents. We're a proffesional group of players with lots of experience and training, but shit happens, in real life its called 'the fog of war'. When TK happens, the person who did it just apolagises

to the person who was hit, and that's it, mistake is forgiven.

What I'm saying is, on public servers dont expect the best behaviour. Your best off joining a squad.

Although consequences for TK should be optional. In all online games there are "griefers". They base their fun on other people's misery. It is because of these you have penalties in games. Now, the idea behind any penalty is that it should fit the crime and not impact innocent players. If the rules in OP was implemented, especially #4, the griefers would just run infront of your rifle while you're firing and you're done for.

This will be the problem if you make the punishment to severe or unfair.

I suggest a 3 strike rule that is somewhat common. The 3rd TK you have, you're either kicked or banned for a timeperiod. That will ensure that accidental blue-on-blue won't be punished too severe while it also encourage you to watch your fire (and target) especially when handling heavy equipment such as artillery and similar.

*DO NOT* turn this game into a run of the mill generic FPS pile of shit.

There is a penalty for excessive team-killing, on mature servers you are kicked by an admin. If you are not, find a different server.

This is an issue for server admins and players, not the developers.

The only advantage to punishment like this would be a quicker more accurate resolution of problem TKers. I've lost a lot of time waiting for an admin to do something about someone. They ruin match after match for both sides and I know their getting their weird kicks while I'm debating on staying or leaving.

While on the subject of admins - Many times the admin gets confused about who the PK is because people got tired of PKs and choose to kill him before he can kill others. Then the admin kicks the wrong person or persons. How many times have you killed a PK only to have someone kill you thinking you were the PK.

As bad as that is, imagine the same game without any admin.

Just my thoughts, I mostly play Coop anyway.

I think that server admins should join together to stamp it out - though I havent had much of a problem with it 'yet'.

There should be a forum of some kind for server admins to share Ban details so other server admins can 'choose' whether to Ban or not.

This would effectively (well almost) relegate persistent TK'ers to playing single player missions - where they can TK all they want.

#C

While it's obvious that blatant team-killers should be banned, I also find there need to be consequences for "accidental" team-killers (e.g. newbies) who are just not careful enough in their target identification. They too, need to be taught that you shouldn't err on the side of rather killing a few too many, rather than being killed yourself. *That* decision should be a lot harder to make. Just like it would be in real life. And if they would risk their own life every time they mis-identify a target, I think that would be a way to pound this concept into their brain. If they would learn that it's *not* just a matter of shooting first, and then typing a quick "sry" if their target-ID was wrong, I think we could greatly improve game-play on public servers.

And while it's true that there are scripting ways to deal with friendly-fire, those are not trivial, and the experience of thousands of user missions has shown that we cannot rely on mission writers to put those measures into place - therefore the engine has to take care of that.

they should do wot happens in COD2, if u shoot a team mate, u recieve the injurie, simple as, but of course there should b an option 2 turn this on! so in realistic servers where ppl pay for the use of them they can have friendly fire on for realism but ban idiots who team kill more than they should do, check ur targets b 4 u squeeze the trigger guys!

My opinion on Friendly Fire in general:

Implementing consequences of friendly fire incidents could potentially be OK, depending on how it's done.

However, no bullet or round (or anything else that causes damage) should ever pass through anyone without 100% of the normal damage occuring.  Period.  wink_o.gif

This is not BF... OFP/ArmA are suppose to be on the sim side!

Having said that, OFP/ArmA are also about having unlimited options.  So toggleable FF may have some merit in this regard.  confused_o.gif

Anyhow, I for one like things the way they are currently.  I like to know that "Friendly Fire = ON", ALWAYS. biggrin_o.gif

so ppl can open fire freely onto your ass, annoying you for atless an hour b4 somebody ever notice that they are being shot by some *beeeep*, nice idea m8 you made my day

I totally agree, the US version should have friendly fire disabled. But there is no need for a option to enable it imho.... biggrin_o.gif

Guess What instead of having something useless added into the GAME im going to request a MP script which can be added into MP missions via the control panel on start up there will be certain options if a player kills someone on the same side they will be killed. or transferred to an island.

Petition for Friendly-Fire .. we have plenty of those thanks .. an eventhandler to deal with it would be cool ..

I want a squad of elite storm troopers to spawn and chase the team killer and bring him to justice.  pistols.gif  xmas_o.gif

that is a great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!