Sign in to follow this  
kroky

official complaint to BIS

I dont know if anyone has posted this allready, because im too lazy to read through 12 pages of mere bitching at BIS, but here it goes.

Publishers make deadlines for releases. Not the developers.

Some publishers maybe less understanding of the development aspect than others, and thus the "Gold" deadlines the publishers set may be too soon.

So you should bitch at the publisher, in this case Morphicon, rather than the developer, in this case BIS.

This thread is really nice kind of deja vue. Reminds me the old times when OFP was released. Some complains are almost word by word same. Especially those about aiming. Wow. How many people HATED floating cursors, blurred sights, slow gameplay, bad vehicle controls, stupid flying... i don't say it's good or bad, just funny smile_o.gif

I can assure you I loved OFP aiming when it came out.

Specially taking into account it was the frist big and famous game to include ironsights.

The diference is that then it was user friendly and now it sucks.

This still about that fast paced, corridor CTF thingy?

Learn the game and get over it, raising a rifle and lining up/aiming takes time, everyone knows it...

Its clunky, boring and it sucks.

And mosty of all will scare a shit load of players not familiarized with such demanding fight sims.

In ofp aiming wasnt as ugly as now and that played in favour of the game.

So no real reason for you to hang around if you don't like it, right? biggrin_o.gif I understand constructive criticism .... but thats just plain whining.

E

ive explained all this in many other threads, dont take one apart and base entirely on that.

Anyway i dont know why i am waisting time answering you.

It is quite mormal. look for the example of graw which only after a patch does get to acceptable gameplay.

GRAW is not a good example imho , this game even after several patches reminded a crapy, arcade, unplayble disapointment of the year.

At first i was dissapointed that game that was released was a bit like beta version, but then i recalled that most of the games that come out are pretty much a same, all full of bugs and lags and are pretty shitty sometimes (nwn2 for example).

And now i feel pity that i have uninstalled OFP  confused_o.gif

Now ill be waiting for a patch like 1.96 but for ArmA, then it'll be a one really serious game. Meanwhile ill be back in wow relaxing from this fucking helicopter controls  banghead.gif

Good beta testing ya all  xmas_o.gif oh and do remember to report your discoveries HERE And btw, it looks rather empty, no? smile_o.gif

So many people are complaining saying the game was realsed being too buggy and too demanding.

give the guys a chance, everyone was hounding them to realse it early, so they did. you can't now go back and pound them for it.

I look at it as the czech release and the german realse as kinda beta tests in a way. Gave the designers time to fix some bugs after the czech release, and then they've probably just got a load more from the new patched german one. i'm sure by the time its realsed by 505 it will be the game people are complaining its not, (at least on a par (bugs and glitch wise) with games freshly released.

at least congratulate them for working so damn hard on the release in the first place, and most probably still working their asses off to get everything patched.

if they Hadn't released any version till Fed 2007, and then we'd all be twiddling our thumbs and feeling very sorry for ourselves wouldn't we.

i'm personally glad they realsed it when they did, allowing us to play the game we wanted and not waiting endlessly. Yes there are bugs, but they will be fixed as soon as they can be.

So, from me, BIS, cheers biggrin_o.gif for all the work you've put the game and Keep up the good work. yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

actually i read that it was over a year. confused_o.gif

there aren't that many bugs in my version. you must have picked up a vrot one.

helicopter handling sure could be sorted big time - the flight model seems more advanced than OFP but the control is muted or something.

super accurate AI well that could stand to be toned down.

AI that can target you too quickly. yes needs toning down.

Overall performance - why do some people have no problem and other people (most of whom have a system 2 or more years old) do.

bugs are mostly on the wiki and are not game destroying.

Well i have a super fast rig and i still have issues with the game not finishing missions. For eg: Delores, The flash flash flash command- Out of 10 attempts maybe if I am lucky , 1 will work properly. That to me makes this mission unplayable.

Well i have a super fast rig and i still have issues with the game not finishing missions. For eg: Delores, The flash flash flash command- Out of 10 attempts maybe if I am lucky , 1 will work properly. That to me makes this mission unplayable.

what has a super fast rig got to do with finishing missions meneer?

that problem occured in OFP as well and is down to mission maker's stuff up in not taking all possibilities into consideration. that does make it a bug, which should be reported for sure.

fix (if i remember it proberly right now) is press alt + numlock - then type endmission

What i mean is that there cannot be something wrong with my machine, it is up to date and I reloaded the O/S just before AA was released so its fresh install.

Why should i have to use a cheat code to end a mission? This should not happen on a game of this calibre.

I like the Meneer smile_o.gif

I'm also very disappointed with the amount of bugs. The multiplayer infrastructure still suffers from bad sync issues, players warping across the map, and hardly anyone can get the dedicated server running for more than 10mins on WS 2003.

The graphical glitches are horrendous. I can't list them all, but graphical glitches covers alot of the other things that I have seen. Weird explosions etc. Sound errors. You can still hear tanks that are miles away etc.

HOWEVER, when the game works it is fantastic. I realise there will be patches that will stabilize the game ala flashpoint 1.96. And I also understand that the community will polish up the game. When the graphics are working fine, it is a stunning looking game, even on low to medium settings.

Well after reading this thread I may well wait till Q12006 to get the game so I know some of these bugs will be gone, but none of this thread has deminished my desire to buy this game (except the performance issues because I seem to have a pretty archaic amount of RAM and not a huge amount of money...)

I have played Operation Flashpoint since the demo, and have stuck with it ever since because I was in love with what I could do. I remember all the bugs. I remember specifically setting up races on Malden from La Trinite to Le Port because I loved watching all the AI cars driving through Dourdan losing control and flipping into the air making spectacular accidents (was sad to see it go), I remember when the AI couldn't figure out how to shoot at you if you were driving a car at them, I remember crashing a Su25 in Kolgulyev and seeing my mangled plane bounce all the way out to sea. BIS fixed this all, kept adding, and allowed us to add so much more ourselves.

Yeah, sure I can understand the frustrations of a game not being up-to-scratch on release. Look at the Hidden & Dangerous series - fancy taking a random fall through the earth? But I happily still played them.

I'm a huge fan of the Knights of the Old Republic series - The Sith Lords literally wasn't even finished when it was released! They still have made no attempt to fix a fraction of the issues related with that game, nearly two years on. I'm not trying to sound superior or anything, but I am just saying, why give up on ArmA this early?

I am dissapointed of Arma.

It is not a new game but successor of the OFP so I have expected to have more mature game because game will inherit all the good things from OFP and add some new things that makes OFP even better.

I think BIS spent too much time on graphics and eye candy instead to add more to gamplay and make better and feature rich expansion of OFP.

What I have now is the bugged game like OFP was in release 1.0 with unpotimized engine that is playable only on very low settings and there it doesent look much better than OFP engine but it is sold for full prize.

When will software developer learn how to make reusable software components so they don't need to reinvent everything from scratch and porduce new bugs.

I still think ARMA has great potential like OFP also had but now I am expecting that ARMAs potenial could be faster put in use than OFPs. Every game has good potential it is only the question if this potential will be implemented or not, and implementation costs time and money, community can do many things with addons but most annoying things are hard coded in the engine and can only be fixed by BIS.

Also some feedback from BIS regarding bugs would be nice.

Best Regards!

There is no Pefect Game, but from itteration to itteration game should get better and bugs should get fewer and content should get richer.

About ONE copy, why only ONE is there only ONE customer in the world, i could think of at least two customers. wink_o.gif

There is no Pefect Game, but from itteration to itteration game should get better and bugs should get fewer and content should get richer.

About ONE copy, why only ONE is there only ONE customer in the world, i could think of at least two customers.  wink_o.gif

But not everybody agrees as to what the perfect game is, that's why it would only sell one copy.

About ONE copy, why only ONE is there only ONE customer in the world, i could think of at least two customers. wink_o.gif

But not everybody agrees as to what the perfect game is, that's why it would only sell one copy.

If Perfect Game sells only one copy because not everybody agrees as what perfect game is, why than not perfect game sells more than one copy? Everybody does not agree about a game that is not perfect? rofl.gif

I repeat, there is no Perfect Game because you can't please everybody taste and wishes.

But this has nothing to do with the topic.

I have not read all the posts in this topic, so forgive me if someone made a point similar to this.

I don't have the game yet, so this is based on the differring reports, there's people new to the game who say it's great, and some old time gamers, even some famous modders and missionmakers who are disapointed.

My primary concern is the AI, I'm a 56Ker. I thought that BIS would have been paying attention to the advancements the community has made to it in OFP. From the first 'adjustments' to make it more aware and aggressive, to supressive fire and QCB AI, group links, etc. See VME, SLX, DAC, GEN Barron stuff.

The trouble with the 'The community will fix it' mentallity, is that it will take scripting and other go arounds to make it. And this will cause Lag and/or not get the desired effect like in OFP. This can be said about many of the improvements the community wished/hoped for. I thought that one of the main points of the 'engine revamp' that is armed assault, would be to hard code some of the community advancements into the game code proper, so we wouldn't have so many lag problems as with OFP.

I've read many times how BIS used to support the community so well. I think this was true until the last patch and VBS and Elite. Because I have to scratch my head when I read some criticisms about the new game. I would have thought BIS would have seen some of the great improvements the Community made and hard code their own version into the game.

The other thing is the lack of dual/multi core processor optimizing. The engine seems to still be a 'Prima Dona', with a 'magic' combination of hardware items making or breaking the performance, like in OFP. It's probably still very processor dependent, even with the better support for new GFs. With multi core optimizing, even a 'lowly' A64 3800 X2 would probably make this game fly, right out of the box. I hope this is something a patch can fix, but probably not the same as if it had been considered right from the start of the work on it.

I have not read all the posts in this topic, so forgive me if someone made a point similar to this.

I don't have the game yet, so this is based on the differring reports, there's people new to the game who say it's great, and some old time gamers, even some famous modders and missionmakers who are disapointed.

My primary concern is the AI, I'm a 56Ker. I thought that BIS would have been paying attention to the advancements the community has made to it in OFP. From the first 'adjustments' to make it more aware and aggressive, to supressive fire and QCB AI, group links, etc. See VME, SLX, DAC, GEN Barron stuff.

The trouble with the 'The community will fix it' mentallity, is that it will take scripting and other go arounds to make it. And this will cause Lag and/or not get the desired effect like in OFP. This can be said about many of the improvements the community wished/hoped for. I thought that one of the main points of the 'engine revamp' that is armed assault, would be to hard code some of the community advancements into the game code proper, so we wouldn't have so many lag problems as with OFP.

I've read many times how BIS used to support the community so well. I think this was true until the last patch and VBS and Elite. Because I have to scratch my head when I read some criticisms about the new game. I would have thought BIS would have seen some of the great improvements the Community made and hard code their own version into the game.

The other thing is the lack of dual/multi core processor optimizing. The engine seems to still be a 'Prima Dona', with a 'magic' combination of hardware items making or breaking the performance, like in OFP. It's probably still very processor dependent, even with the better support for new GFs. With multi core optimizing, even a 'lowly' A64 3800 X2 would probably make this game fly, right out of the box. I hope this is something a patch can fix, but probably not the same as if it had been considered right from the start of the work on it.

The AI (not speaking about the campaign here) Are plenty aggressive at 50% or greater skill level. More than 75% and you better start hopping if they see you. At ~10% you can fire many rounds at them and they won't know you're there until you drop one of their guys. A good mix for mission makers.

Please keep in mind THIS IS STILL BEING WORKED ON BY BIS. Don't make the mistake of thinking this is the finished product, as stated many times by the immensly patient Placebo: "They are continuing to fix bugs, add features, and new content." The common idea forming amongst people on this forum is that the 505 release will be the polished and complete ArmA which we lucky - and I mean that- beta testers can patch to.

The AI (not speaking about the campaign here) Are plenty aggressive at 50% or greater skill level. More than 75% and you better start hopping if they see you. At ~10% you can fire many rounds at them and they won't know you're there until you drop one of their guys. A good mix for mission makers.

Please keep in mind THIS IS STILL BEING WORKED ON BY BIS. Don't make the mistake of thinking this is the finished product, as stated many times by the immensly patient Placebo: "They are continuing to fix bugs, add features, and new content." The common idea forming amongst people on this forum is that the 505 release will be the polished and complete ArmA which we lucky - and I mean that- beta testers can patch to.

I think you are mistaken the enemy AI is deadly and alerted instantly no matter if you even reduce the enemy AI to 0 on the sliders.And once alerted it only takes 2-4 pot shots at you and your instantly dead.The sliders dont work.

Being mainly an offline player the campaign and SP mission aspect is worthless with this uber enemy AI.Why did BIS break the AI? OFP had its issues with friendly AI but enemy AI was fine just the way it was.Now we have AA and the AI is damn near totally broke.Im praying for a fix ASAP.

after reading all of this its simple really

If u dont like it dont play it or wait for BIS for some patches to fix some stuff etc

all the complaining wont get things done faster so lets all just sit back and wait for BIS to respond to all the offically reported bugs

thats my view on this matter in any case smile_o.gif

The game still has tons of potential, but then again so did Soldnier...

Well flashpoint had its bugs but not nearly as many as Arma has. Doesn't mean i dont like it. I love it. The graphics are great but its still flashpoint. It has the same feel and atmosphere. Only thing that bothers me is the HDR lighting. It's very twitchy. crazy_o.gif

Can be very annoying during a fight. But i'm not complaining.

I'm going home now to play some Arma. CU   pistols.gif

PS:I remember Soldner Tobruk. I beleiven the company that made it went bankrupt or something. Hope that doesn't happen with BIS.

The game is very buggy, which at times does really annoy me especially with the bugs that are so glaringly obvious but still the game got released, it may have been down to distributor pressure to release it in its current state we may never know, but one thing for sure for those of us that have purchased the game and used the English patch I don't think we have call to complain after all it was not released to our market, and no-one has twisted our arms to buy early.

505 may have thought the game was not ready for release hence their estimated Q1 2007 which is giving BI more time to work on the problems with the game, this could also be the reason why BI have struggled to find distributors maybe they have seen what BI considered to be releasable and they have thought differently and as it costs them money to get the game on the shelves and other forms of distribution, poor reports on the game would affect their potential sales.

As an OFP player from the demo release I did expect a bit more from BI with the release of ArmA, back then BI was probably never heard of prior to OFP (I know I never heard of them before) so as a new developer into the gaming market they could be forgiven for the work in progress release of OFP, but there is no excuse for some of the bugs that have been released with ArmA especially those that are very similar to those that were released with OFP v 1.0.

I cannot at this time recommend ArmA to any of my on-line mates, as I have stated in a post to them.

Quote[/b] ]There are a lot of errors in the game at the moment so may be worth holding back until they release another patch that actually addresses these problems, as it stands I am getting very frustrated with some of them and anyone who played OFP will more than likely get just as frustrated as I am, simply because you will see that ArmA is basically bits and pieces of OFP/OFP Elite/VBS1 thrown together on an updated engine (within 18 months) and released in a barely working state on the assumption that they will fix it as work in progress, very similar to how OFP was originally released.

You would have thought BI would have taken a little bit more time and care with this release as they don't have a major distributor backing them up this time, so first impressions mean a lot more now than they ever did before, if this gets slated once 505 release the English edition in late Jan early Feb it may be something they may find difficult to recover from.

I seem to remember with the release of OFP the forums were full of the Dev's (that could type English) desperately looking for feedback on the game and the bugs/problems encountered and giving feedback about the work/solutions in progress, now it looks like they have lost that enthusiasm they once had, instead we are told to look to the distributors for support or post in the wiki, maybe they have got too big for their boots now and have started the slippery slide down to the support level that the major game development companies have adopted where they can off load support issues to other parties or even to the community to deal with, I would like to see the old BI back in the forums showing that same enthusiasm they once had with caring about their product as well as their customer base, just like they did with OFP.

What I would have liked to see happen is that the modding tools got released to selected moders (that have proven the quality of their work in OFP) under licence, to let them begin the porting of their work from OFP to ArmA, this would help build a larger usable list of addons that would make ArmA even more of a pleasure to use by the end user, after all it was the community modding spirit that helped make OFP the game it is today, and the benchmark game for others to follow in its tracks.

I think that the devs don't have the time to hang around in the forum all day long. but I agree atleast they could post a statement here and there confused_o.gif

but I hope Placebo tied them on their chairs to work on a patch tounge2.gif

really looking forward to the patch and the things which will be improved!

ye the mod tools...I wish we could have them now to start working on our Mods/Addons, I mean, retexturing and configing stuff isn't a big deal and thanks to hex-editors doable without any problems, but for myself I would wish to mix some parts of bis models, like giving a sniper model a basecap + pouches to have decent pmcs...

hopefully it won't take to long, for the patch, and for the mod tools.

welcome.gif