Sign in to follow this  
kroky

official complaint to BIS

I've just installed the game after downloading it from Morphicon. I haven't played for more than an hour, on a dating rig under the recommended specs (P4 3.2 GHz, 6600GT, 3 Gigs of RAM).

I'm loving it all the way, even though I'm playing it on basically everything low. I'm typing this with this smile on my face like a four-year-old on Xmas eve, you should see me. It's got the good old editor as in OFP, and even though I could spot a few bugs from OFP already (didn't I see my team leader just walk through that wall?), I know I'm hooked.

Why so?

Because it's got the freedom, that outlet for creativity, that no other game besides OFP is able to offer. So here I stand, fist in air, yelling "freedom" and "Armed Assault", and heading here to help us iron out the bugs of this fantastic game.

Problem i have is that when i look a little further into the distance, i cannot even make out what the hell kind of tank i am looking at. After a certain distance, the quality really gets terrible. I imagine its a bug ??

I am running everything on full with no probs except that.

I have that problem too, but then in real life. Use binoculars  wink_o.gif

Just kidding.

But you can only cram so much detail in a tank that's only a few pixels in size.

This thread is really nice kind of deja vue. Reminds me the old times when OFP was released. Some complains are almost word by word same. Especially those about aiming. Wow. How many people HATED floating cursors, blurred sights, slow gameplay, bad vehicle controls, stupid flying... i don't say it's good or bad, just funny smile_o.gif

I can assure you I loved OFP aiming when it came out.

Specially taking into account it was the frist big and famous game to include ironsights.

The diference is that then it was user friendly and now it sucks.

This thread is really nice kind of deja vue. Reminds me the old times when OFP was released. Some complains are almost word by word same. Especially those about aiming. Wow. How many people HATED floating cursors, blurred sights, slow gameplay, bad vehicle controls, stupid flying... i don't say it's good or bad, just funny smile_o.gif

Specially taking into account it was the frist big and famous game to include ironsights.

This still about that fast paced, corridor CTF thingy?

Learn the game and get over it, raising a rifle and lining up/aiming takes time, everyone knows it...

13. The horn on vehicles are limited to a short honk... you can't keep the horn pressed!

Is that still like OFP, only driver hears it? Kinda made it useless.

13. The horn on vehicles are limited to a short honk... you can't keep the horn pressed!

Is that still like OFP, only driver hears it? Kinda made it useless.

Nope... thats been fixed. your team mates in MP can now hear it too!!! biggrin_o.gif

I read like the first two pages and had enough.

ARMA is just at the beginning of another modding journey! wink_o.gif Dont forget OFP is pimped out to the max. Addons for everything, but thats because it took 6 years to build another game.

Well, being an 8800GTX owner, I can say that the game flies at 1600 x 900 Everything very high except shaders and post (they are on High), Distance 2000. As much as there are bugs to iron out, I find that the engine is pretty solid. I've only managed to make it crash once (I spammed a non responsive AI about 200 x, the game didn't like that  banghead.gif ).

E

Viewdistance only 2000? In another topic a guy with a 7800GT manages 3500 while still running smoothly. Sure you can't push it higher? If you can't then maybe by dropping the resolution a bit you could manage something like 6000 at least.

I only have a 7900 GTX and I can run at 3000m view distance without a problem... but having it over 1200 isn't that useful except for planes, so it's mostly because I can rather than because I need it. Actually up to about 6500 is fairly smooth but after that the FPS drop accelerates a bit.

And AWAT_BigBear I agree. JIP is number one addition if we want ARMA to become a respected online game by the masses. And the masses equal full servers, which is good even for the hardcore elitist fainboy.

Learn the game and get over it, raising a rifle and lining up/aiming takes time, everyone knows it...

Its clunky, boring and it sucks.

And mosty of all will scare a shit load of players not familiarized with such demanding fight sims.

In ofp aiming wasnt as ugly as now and that played in favour of the game.

the old saying is:

if we want every thing be perfect, the game wont be out till 2008

and the fact goes like:

i think i wouldnt be able to see game 2 pop out from the backstage of BIS with my lifetime cause they spend all their time adding things/tweaking them to fit all mach. spec users/engine rewrite/bugs fix fallowed by blah blah blah in order to make you bunch of selffish gamers "happy" goodnight.gif

i am happy they finally get it here, and i hope them perfect the game with upcoming patch, even better if modders and mission makers stay with us, so feel free to bitch/ yelling / shouting/ returning and get refund for the game, thats your choose, but dont think that would affect me not to play this game

... they spend all their time adding things/tweaking them to fit all mach. spec users/engine rewrite/bugs fix fallowed by blah blah blah in order to make you bunch of selffish gamers "happy" goodnight.gif ...

And we give them our money, it seems fair to me tounge2.gif

... they spend all their time adding things/tweaking them to fit all mach. spec users/engine rewrite/bugs fix fallowed by blah blah blah in order to make you bunch of selffish gamers "happy" goodnight.gif ...

And we give them our money, it seems fair to me  tounge2.gif

for the sake of god how the freakin hell could they make any money from you if they could never release the game which is (in your words)"bugs free, all taste fitted" because of all the bullcrap i said above? confused_o.gif

Its clunky, boring and it sucks.

And mosty of all will scare a shit load of players not familiarized with such demanding fight sims.

In ofp aiming wasnt as ugly as now and that played in favour of the game.

So no real reason for you to hang around if you don't like it, right? biggrin_o.gif I understand constructive criticism .... but thats just plain whining.

E

ppl are bitching a game about how it is imperfect and how the game unfit their (personal) wants, they disappointed because bis try to give these ppl the damn game whom yelling for the release, and now they bitch about it because bis try to give these ppl the damn game ASAP, and this doesnt make any goddamn sence to me goodnight.gif

It will be fixed

It will be modded

It will kick ass

Oh, btw firefoxlover.gif

@ Mr_Tea

I hoped for a better ARMA release...

But I agree and have faith in both BIS and the community to make it happend.

I´m happy to got ArmA this year, not sometime 1Q 2007.

That there are bugs in the initial released version was shure before.

Whe will get patches, all what`s missing is some official word from BIS.

What makes hope is, that there is every day someone from BIS browsing the forum.

Its funny how there are more people bashing the so call "whiners" in this thread then the "whiners" that most just post once and leave. (to show their point).

If ARMA multiplayer has the same activity as this forum, then no words left.

I guess you all wanted the "complainers" to go so this is the result. Hope your happy playing with yourself later.

Anybody still remembers the OFP release, the bugs, the problems and that it still became game fo the year... sure BIS could have done a better job since you would have thought they learned from their mistakes they made in the past... but hey, until now they always got it fixed and they will continue to do so...

Unless Marek dumps all his money on the Cayman Islands now and does a dive, then it's up to the community to fix the game smile_o.gif

Overall I love ArmA, btw. I just have frustrations with select parts in it.

There are just rotten nuts in my ice cream sundae as it were. The actual thing is pretty good and I'm trying to "eat around" the annoying bits.

Yes SniperAndy, I remember well.... after installing Cold War Crisis and a couple patches, I uninstalled and allmost gave it away. Later, 1 of our members (CDN) picked up Resistance and pushed heavily for the rest of us to try it. It was like a whole new game, little things like drop/pickup weapons/kits was implemented. We all fell in love, and 6 years later, it's still 1 of my 2 favs wink_o.gif

Totaly agree with author of this thread.

It looks like BIS decided to save money on beta testing. I've never seen such a buggy game as AA is.

It is quite mormal. look for the example of graw which only after a patch does get to acceptable gameplay.

I do understand that todays game making is a (beep) complicated process and it just beyond the capability of many gaming designers to present a fully tested game.

Fact of life today.

I am happily playtesting. I like to know that BIS is taking all this up asap. I hoop only that in February Bis remembers us german, polish etc version playtester with something. Fair enough Bis?