Sign in to follow this  
kroky

official complaint to BIS

How do you suggest we actually try it if we don't buy it or even play the damn thing?

Some people are as thick as sh**

Simple. Be patient and wait for a demo.

i'm an infantryman in the US army,

Soldat wrote=

Quote[/b] ]As an Airborne Infantryman in the U.S Army I have to agree with olemissrebel on what he has said.

Is their a lot of U.S army personel who play war games on thier p c's?

I'm US Army and have played OFP since it came out. With releases like FFUR 2.6, it really extends the gameplay of flashpoint while I wait to get ArmA. I remember how flashpoint was almost unplayable when it first came out, but what kept me playing was the size and potential of the game. A potential that has, infact, been realised and is still being realised today.

People don't seem to understand a few things. It is very possible to move and shoot, accurately I might add. The M249 is generally more accurate at range and with greater stopping power than an M4 or M16,mainly due to the subtle difference in ammunition. Ammunition for the 249 is a different grain than ammunition for M4s or M16s, alot of people don't realise things like this and they run off to scream "OMG H@X!"

And in the end, like someone was saying, this is a game. Have fun, that's what it's for. If you don't have fun, don't play it.

FAO doomsayers : When I read you, it's already too late. It's finished, BIS has failed, ArmA has failed, nothing can save it now. It's what is written a bit above this very post.

So, if nothing constructive can now be done, apart from trolling, what are you doing here?

Seems like a perfect waste of coding hours. Just report the bug and let the BIS magic happen.

P.S. HitSqd server, for lack of better wording, rocks. :yay:

Thanks for the compliment!

@ Stealth3:

Myself and many others agree that ArmA needs some work; this is not denied. The BIG picture here is that IT IS HERE and the community and BIS are all over it and the bugs.

Try looking at the bright side today, the positive things about it .. try to improve it, add something to the community, be the driving force yadda yadda blah blah yank yank.

If BIS were to decide to recall ArmA and refund everyone's money, would that make you happy? What about another year delayed? - I think that would suck more than having bugs.

@ Ian Malcolm:

Myself and many others agree that ArmA needs some work; this is not denied. The BIG picture here is that IT IS HERE and the community and BIS are all over it and the bugs.

Try looking at the bright side today, the positive things about it .. try to improve it, add something to the community, be the driving force yadda yadda blah blah yank yank.

If BIS were to decide to recall ArmA and refund everyone's money, would that make you happy? What about another year delayed? - I think that would suck more than having bugs.

Are you sure that this reply is for me? Because i'm saying in a bit different words the same thing.

...The M249 is generally more accurate at range and with greater stopping power than an M4 or M16,mainly due to the subtle difference in ammunition. Ammunition for the 249 is a different grain than ammunition for M4s or M16s, alot of people don't realise things like this and they run off to scream "OMG H@X!"...

That and the 249 weighs about twice as much as an M16/M4 without ammo, so the weight (and the bipod) helps a LOT with the recoil.

Like people say, we've got the engine, all we need now are the tools and some patches to fix the more serious engine related issues (flight model, physics tweaks). Since, lets face it, OFP was never that realistic - thats where config stuff like WGL comes in. To me, the engine is the most important part. I could care less that something is named improperly or that the kit in the "core" isnt accurate, its the engine is important.

if i compair arma 1.0 to OFP 1.0, i think arma is more playable then the good old ofp1.0 at that time, or through bug filled, arma still have less bugs then ofp and both of them just eat your hardward alive at their time like each other, yes it fucked the aircraft control but the good old ofp feeling, that feeling of being a very small part of the war, that feeling which makes your heart bit built sky high is still there, so after all BI still offer a game that they have said they would have make, as long as the coolest mod and mission maker is still here i will be a happy man yay.gif

Damn I hate whingers. I could never go back to OFP after touching Armed Assault. If you've got nothing positive to say, go and write a petition or something. Or send PMs, stop cluttering these forums with your trolling.

Agreed tounge2.gif ArmA theres just no turning back.

I wish a proper editing guide would be released, maybe i can script some cool effects but in the mean time i got 2 MP missions coming.

I believe ARMA will be fixed, no doubts. And no, I'm not negative either, but I'm not denaying that the game has problems like many people (redstorm for example).

And I'll most likely play it online once the major problems are fixed. But thats not the point.

The OFP community will do that and play it no matter what, but the new gamers that are coming in won't wait for BIS to fix it. They will give up right away. And thats when the sad part comes in. JIP will have no point because there won't be enough people playing. One of the reasons I stoped playing OFP online is because of the lack of players, and I don't want ARMA to end up like that.

Sorry if I'm being too negative, but to me thats honestly how I feel. And its hard saying it because I don't want this game to end up like that.

Please don't bring STALKER into the discussion. I think that the game will be disappointing, from what I read they removed drivable vehicles from the game. If ArmA would've been infantry combat only, we'd have a 98% bugfree game (probably).

Anyway, an official complaint shouldn't be located here, on the forum in my opinion. So write a letter, PM Placebo or anything like that. Or even better, do some bughunting, report the bugs at the BIS wiki and improve the game! Let the big public get a more bugfree game in February, I'm glad that I can help with that.

I believe ARMA will be fixed, no doubts. And no, I'm not negative either, but I'm not denaying that the game has problems like many people (redstorm for example).

And I'll most likely play it online once the major problems are fixed. But thats not the point.

The OFP community will do that and play it no matter what, but the new gamers that are coming in won't wait for BIS to fix it. They will give up right away. And thats when the sad part comes in. JIP will have no point because there won't be enough people playing. One of the reasons I stoped playing OFP online is because of the lack of players, and I don't want ARMA to end up like that.

Sorry if I'm being too negative, but to me thats honestly how I feel. And its hard saying it because I don't want this game to end up like that.

Then, imho , the sensible thing to do would be to get everything to be fixed listed asap for BIS to try, and to NOT advertise ArmA too much to people you know around you. In fact that's what I do atm, I'm just saying to people to wait a bit for a stable version, something worth the experience, and we all know what an experience OFP can be.

When there's content worth its salt, even months after a game release, it can bring people to the table.

but proclaming ArmA death-before-birth is definitely not going to bring newcomers to the game.

Some stores have already removed Arma from the shelves as people were returning Arma in big numbers. They have a point.

There are at least 100 known bugs in ARMA, and that doesn't include the air dynamics flaws which ruin the gameplay.  

Only the air dynamics will most likely take a few months to fix, if they want to make something good.  

You make it sound like ArmA is riddled with countless game-breaking bugs.

No doubt there are plenty of bugs and the game looks unfinished at times, but it is far from unplayable.

Actually the most critical problem I have noticed is the accuracy of the AI - its aim is mostly dead on at the first salvo, you barely will live on the see a third or fourth salvo. Not to talk about being able to pick up the target and return fire...

Some oddity I have with the middle mouse button while toggling manual fire (off I think) - sometimes I get dropped to the windows desktop with ArmA still running. ALT_TAB brings me back to the action huh.gif

For me ArmA is a >90% a ground combat simulation - true, choppers (haven't tried planes yet) are highly sensitive and very tricky to handle, esp. with certain helicopters, but it is far from game-breaking. And so far I was able to complete all the single player chopper missions without too much problems, and that is with keyboard+mouse controls only. Sure, a quick landing spot-on is almost impossible. And FFAR manual fire attacks are hard with certain choppers (Mi17 & AH1; Ka-50 handled quite good for me in wasting a convoy) as well. But it is not that bad, that you can't play at all.

Certainly BIS has to do something about the overall handling, but if you wanted to play a chopper simulation you probably picked the wrong game.

All the bickering about the car/truck driving model I can't understand. Yeah, it takes a little time to get used to it, but by now I feel it is far superior to OFPs driving model. Can't count how often I crashed or went into a slide or slinger because of the sluggish response of OFP. All I basically do now is using the mouse for the minor corrections and short and light turns, but using the keyboard for sharp and/or long turns and crossings - works good enough, no, better than before, at least for me.

Not to talk about some graphical glitches that get hyped that you would think the game CTDs with every bullet you shoot  icon_rolleyes.gif

True, ArmA is certainly far from perfect. But this may in part be due to the very high expectations of the community before release! There were rumours and hopes for everything.

However my verdict of the game so far (I've only been playing for two days) is very positive. It's a major improvement over OFP. Lots of things the community wanted, such as the ability to fight in close quarters, multiple gunner positions, and more realism with weapons and vehicles have been implemented.

Yes the game is more systems intensive. But overall, its much better, and improvements will be made over time. OFP wasnt the game as we know it today untill the RES release!

No matter how many times it has been mentioned before, ofp when it first came out was as bug ridden as a corpse, they will fix things. The shitty details people are talking about is an LOD bug as far what i have encountered while playing. Also the sound also tends to cut out aswell, shes it still needs work. I to think the way the UI and menus worked in game should be reverted back to the way flashpoint did it (Gun on back, salute, sit, drop weapon etc). But thats just me, but for the most part i have been loving every minute of this game, if you dont like it dont play it, most companys will refund your copy within a month of purchase. All this talk of ARMA IS SHIT is not helpful for the community..... /rant off

I would say A1 priority is to sort out the helicopter controls/flight models.

I have some helicopter flight hours on a Robinson R22. I'm not saying I'm an expert but I do know when its not right.

I agree that they should be as realistic as possible but the ARMA flight models are awful. If they cannot be made more realistic then at least leave them like OFP.

At the moment its almost unplayable and totally unrealistic.

I agree that they should be as realistic as possible but the ARMA flight models are awful. If they cannot be made more realistic then at least leave them like OFP.

I highly doubt it's so easy (if possible) to return OFP flight model into the ArmA. If we will got something, it will be improved version of what we have now than something similar to OFP. So it's not question of "leaving" something as it was. It will probably have to be reprogrammed.

i'm an infantryman in the US army,

Soldat wrote=

Quote[/b] ]As an Airborne Infantryman in the U.S Army I have to agree with olemissrebel on what he has said.

Is their a lot of U.S army personel who play war games on thier p c's?

I'm a member of 1st Veteran's Battalion and we are exclusively active duty and veteran gamers. Our current official roster is just over 300 with about 12-20 OFP/ArmA players. We also have a large presence in America's Army with several members (including myself) having worked on that game in some capacity.

There is also the USMC group whose members are all Marines and which has a pretty large membership and presence in many online games. They also produce the popular WGL mod.

Some stores have already removed Arma from the shelves as people were returning Arma in big numbers. They have a point.

Is that true? That's bad... hopefully BIS will have fixed the game before the EU/US release. Otherwise I think ARMA will truly fail if what you state is true.

Customers are returning games more often now than when OFP was released I think. There are recent examples of hyped games that were returned and as a result failed horribly.

But I didn't think ARMA fell victim to that fate considering the shaky release of OFP and the patching that followed.

Perhaps a lot of new people also picked up the game.

If BIS fail at ARMA they'll be branded and Game2 may not have such a great chance.

BIS hurry please. It would seriously suck seeing the OFP community crumble after waiting so many years for the "sequel".

Quote[/b] ]No doubt there are plenty of bugs and the game looks unfinished at times, but it is far from unplayable.

It depends on your definition of "playable"

By certain standards, every game out there no matter how awful is "playable"

To me its unplayable for the reasons:

1. Chopper and plane controls. Sure you can fly, but they are readlly bad and I won't waste my time trying to get used to it, because theres nothing to get used to.

You can play tennis with a square ball also, but that doesn't mean people actually play it.

2. Dogfighting online against other "human" players is impossible now. In either planes or choppers.

In other words, what I liked most about OFP (flying online with friends and dogfighting, as well as playing flying missions) is gone in ARMA.

So yes, to me is unplayable.

OFP/ARMA is not a FLIGHT simulation, but a WAR simulation. I don't see how flight controls affect infantry and ground vehicles, so it is playable.

Why should I be forced to play infrantry only maps? Then how exactly is it superior to OFP. Its inferior in then.