Sign in to follow this  
USMCRP3

F35B US Marine Corps MAW

Looks great from what I can see,but I would suggest you work on a bit of sharp and smooth edging,it would really make a big difference.

Guest RKSL-Rock

You might want to take a look at the latest F-35B pics, they have signifcantly changed the design on the airframe around the lift fan. The upper 4 piece door is now a single piece hinging from the rear. wink_o.gif

Great work so far, looking very good.

I read many people want more planes so you seem to hit the nail with this one smile_o.gif

nice plane even though what i've heard the north sharani force needs a aircraft that aint a camel biggrin_o.gif

extremely nice textured and modeled, im almost speechless..

Looks nice... got any bigger pics to show? Kinda hard to make out details from those... huh.gif

Hmmm... I'll try to get you couple of nice shots if the thing makes an appearence at RIAT next summer... too bad I didn't ask whether I could get into the cockpit of one at Le Bourget. whistle.gif Took couple of shots of it (prototype?) though.

Clever bastard. tounge2.gif

Awesome. Can't wait for ArmA to finish downloading. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Did you export thst model from BF" in any kind

Not likely, I have been following the development of this for a while now, wasnt it first going to be a VBS1 Addon? Its been in the works before BF2 even cam out i think.

Very nice.. Any ideas on the weapons loadout(s) you'll have?

Keep up the great work! thumbs-up.gif

looking forward to when this gets released  notworthy.gif

(maybe you should be in contact with BIS and show them how you got the STOL/VTOL working in ArmA because they seem to be having problems ) whistle.gif

If you're going to do a detailed addon like this, you might as well complete the A and C variant of the F/A-35 Lightning II.  That way most of the creative talent and work will go into doing a single well made addon that will simulate this aircraft as accurately as reasonably possible for ArmA.  It will also reduce the desire for people to create similiar addons to add weapons or capabilities that should have been implimented for this project.

I'm sure you can get more detailed information about differences of each variant but here's a few quick differences listed for each variant.  Details of this are subject to change due to it being an ongoing military project.

F/A-35A

Larger fuel capacity

Internal cannon

F/A-35B

STOVL (Short Takeoff, vertical landing)

Somewhat smaller fuel capacity but still much farther than any Harrier could go.

No internal cannon, must be added as a pod.

F/A-35C

Larger fuel capacity

Slightly longer wingspan

Stronger landing gear for carrier operations

No internal cannon, must be added as a pod.

My focus is that this F/A-35 addon is produced so that the community adopts it as the standard having met the realism and capability requirements.  That way there is no need for others to have to create another addon, its design will be open source so others can improve it to fit the realism and community needs.

A few examples:

Accurately simulated Air to Air missiles.

Full inventory of weapons available for use by this aircraft that ArmA can simulate.

Canopy release and ejection seat.

Accurately simulated countermeasures.

Are you also planning on making a Dutch Royal Airforce version? biggrin_o.gif

Are you also planning on making a Dutch Royal Airforce version?  biggrin_o.gif

If you weren't paying attention, he said his project is only focusing on doing the F/A-35B version and probably only the USMC textures for it will be used.  You are talking about the F/A-35A variant.  Unless the Dutch Airforce is purchasing the B variant STOVL version, I highly doubt they are buying the B variant.

He's encrypting the addon too, so re-texturing it is not an available option.

I'm afraid you and just like the rest of us in the ArmA community are just going to have to wait until a F/A-35 addon project is started that will provide all variants of this aircraft.  

This addon F/A-35B will be available for use when released, but not customizable.